Mod Recruitment Thread

Started by apljee, March 16, 2015, 01:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

MOD RECRUITMENT THREAD

- Looking for programmers, artists, or others to help with your mod?
- Can't find anyone?
- Are you a programmer, artist, or something else that's interested in helping with other people's mods?
- Can't find anyone?

Use this thread! Now, worth 3 pounds of leftover lasagnia, this thread can be used to find people who are interested in helping you with your mods, or vice-versa. Just post below saying you're interested in helping someone, or if you need help.

- Why?

Because topics about people needing programmers and artists generally get pushed to the back of the list, and it could be unfair for someone to have an incomplete mod because they can't find people that are interested in helping with their mod.

- Post format?

Pick it yourself. Just use a standardized "I am a programmer, looking for an artist for x mod." or something of the sort.

Cheers, happy finding people for your mods.

apljee

Here, I'll start with the first post.

I'm a programmer with Project EONS, we are looking for a secondary artist to help with all of the art because our current artist is somewhat overloaded. If you are interested, click the Project EONS logo in my signature and make a post, or you could just PM me. :)

Igabod

I'm not looking to get into any large projects or anything. But I do have some experience with XML modding and would be willing to provide some limited help. If you just need someone to take a look at what you have and point out what I see wrong with it let me know. Or if you want help with repetitive and tedious work (especially during updates to a new alpha) just send me a file and tell me what you need changed. I'm essentially offering to be an extra set of hands and eyes for anybody that needs it.

unifex

My advice is that if you're a programmer, artist, or otherwise, is to do your own thing and not spend time on something that will profit another person. Take from that what you will.

Igabod

Quote from: unifex on March 17, 2015, 09:09:48 AM
My advice is that if you're a programmer, artist, or otherwise, is to do your own thing and not spend time on something that will profit another person. Take from that what you will.

Do your own thing if you have something in mind to do. But all of us have some time between ideas where we might like to hone our skills further by taking on a challenge which we would not otherwise have thought of. There is no profit in the modding community aside from having fun with making something from nothing and the chance to gain some experience.

Famous Shoes

Quote from: unifex on March 17, 2015, 09:09:48 AM

Mind. Blown. On so many levels.

I came here to post looking for someone to work together with on some artwork for a new mod, but just to help counter that "advice" (really, what the �), I'll throw out an offer of C# (aka "DLL modding") help if someone has a little functionality they need added to a mod or are stuck on something.  Send me a PM and we'll see if we can get it sorted!