--ALL PASSENGERS PREPARE FOR EVACUATION.--
[external scan]
<Atmosphere detected. Temperature 1500 degrees Fahrenheit.>
<Thermal protection failing. Temperature 2000 degrees Fahrenheit.>
<Colonist 23, 34, and 42 have awaken>
--WARNING: Hull breach. Temperature 2800 degrees Fahrenheit.>
<Escape pods automatically jettisoned>
--WARNING: System failure in 10 seconds. Multiple joint failures detected--
-----------------------------------------End Excerpt-----------------------------------------------------------

The ship fell apart. The pieces left a magnificent streak as they burned through the unknown planet's atmosphere. Only three passengers were able to reach the escape pods in time, that is as far as the survivors knew. There could be others.

The parachutes opened. The three pods opened, exposing the three unfortunate passengers to the distant rim world,  a desolate planet of which little is known, part of thousands upon thousands of other worlds at the edge of human influence. Here are the survivor profile documentations:

-Benard Weeks, age 37
Benard grew up as an urchin in a region capital. It was a huge bustling city, too large to be safely controlled. After a tough childhood, Benard found passage to a medieval world. There we worked as a farm oaf until he was offered a chance to travel to a wealthy star system. Benard seized the opportunity, hoping to start a new life as a businessman. 

Benard is not bright by any means, but he is proud of his agricultural knowledge and also handles pain well.

-Jill Davila, age 39
Jill also grew up in a bustling industrial city as an urchin. However she found success in the urban world, living life as an entrepreneur and a part-time artist. She boarded the SS Aurora for a distant business convention.

Jill has artificial legs ever since she was 22. In an unfortunate factory malfunction, her legs had to be amputated. 

-Wendy Choi, age 34
Like the others, she was an urbworld urchin. Born weak, she was luckily hired as a navy scientist at age 17. She continued working for the navy and was on transit to a new research facility.

Wendy is also a selfless donor, who always loves helping other poor urchins.

The three woke up to the harsh new world. What will they do?

Hypermaniac

--Weeks, Oaf
We landed before dawn. I looked at the other two, Jill and Wendy. But before wasting time to introduce ourselves, we got to work gathering the scrap metal and food that survived re-entry.
Before noon we had also mined up a nearby mineral outcrop. It would be useful.

--Davila, Entrepreneur
I followed Benard's orders. He clearly was the most experienced when it comes to living in the wild. After collecting some resources, we started building a shelter.

--Choi, Scientist
The three of us got to work on the complex. We set up all the essentials: Bedrooms, electricity, food, defenses, and prisons.

The three new colonists first built three bedrooms. They constructed an outdoor past dispenser, which was to be moved inside in the future. Batteries and solar panels were next, then growing areas to sustain food. Finally, we built two small cells in case we needed to contain someone.
After several days, this was their base:

Hypermaniac

--Weeks, Oaf
The base was looking good. Searching the map for other crashed resources, we stocked up on metal and food. Then a raider discovered our base. His name was Jeremy Riddle, he'd been wandering injured since his last raid.

He was quickly knocked unconscious. I carried him back to one of our cells. Jill was appointed as warden. After several chats, Jeremy agreed to join the colony. He was helpful as we expanded our base. But another raid will follow...I can feel it.

--Davila, Entrepreneur
I walked into Jeremy's cell. He woke when I set down his nutrient paste.
"Thanks..." he said weakly.
I asked him some questions.
"Well, I've been on this rock for about 2 months. Before that I was an illegal shipwright, until I was caught and thrown out on this planet. I was lucky to find a nearby town developing. I stole some resources and a pistol, then headed out." said Jeremy.

"We can change that. Live with out colony. You don't need to live as a nomad. Together, the colony of Weeksville can thrive."

The next day, he agreed.

--Choi, Scientist
While the colony developed, I had been hard at work researching. First off was nutrient resynthesis. Then pneumatic picks. At the moment I am looking forward to discovering hydroponics.

Thracian