[request][discusion] Free time

Started by cap_dikkop, March 17, 2015, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap_dikkop

Hey guys

I love Rimworld but one thing always misses for me.
When you're crashed on an planet, you want to set up camp and be as save and settled as possible ASAP. I don't see anything wrong with that.  But I would love it if after a while the colonist would start to sit around the campfire for the last hour before they go to bed.

Now they work, eat and sleep like drones. This break the emergion a bit for me. I would love it if the characters just have a bit more breaks and rests.

I don't even know if this is a thing that you can implement without breaking the game\work efectiffity. But I feel that if it is done right it just feels more that they are people to me.

Haplo

Famous Shoes

Indeed, and that multiple reservations system ought to be a boon for social mods, as well a few others types, e.g., crew served weapons. I'm looking forward to the first pool table mod (or maybe even pool mod.)

Anyway, to cap_dikkop's query, once that system is available, adding a campfire building that pawns gather around should be relatively painless.

cap_dikkop

Well I would kiss (or maybe just hug) the person who will make it, because I'll have the same amount of chance of launching a rocket in to orbit then to make a successful mod. (Maybe a little bit overreacted)

RoboticManiac

Quote from: Haplo on March 17, 2015, 12:09:11 PM
What you want is what Tynan is working on right now: Fun
Take a look here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub
Cool. Been the primary thing I've been wanting myself.