[MOD] (Alpha 10) Mechanoid terraformer (V10.2 03-05-2015)

Started by Rikiki, March 18, 2015, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the skywrath controller?

It is well balanced, keep it as it is!
8 (30.8%)
It is too weak and needs to be empowered!
10 (38.5%)
It is too powerful... and killed a beloved squirrel! oO' Poor Scratz...
4 (15.4%)
... other suggestions?
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Rikiki

Quote from: SSS on March 22, 2015, 01:58:01 AM
Er... I shouldn't be seeing the terraformer as something I can build in the security tab, should I? :o
Definitely not! :o
This is a mistake of my side, I forget to remove the Security tag that I used for debug purposes...

You can correct it by removing this line:
<designationCategory>Security</designationCategory>
from the MechanoidTerraformer\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_MechanoidTerraformer.xml (lines 64 and 94).

Rikiki

Quote from: eternalglory on March 23, 2015, 10:25:58 AM
When terrafoamer drop down ground save game, and load save file , it crashed....   

I attach output_log.txt

I studied your log file and saw this is due to the pylon list not being well loaded.
I was however not able to reproduce it even after some save/load spam during and after the landing. :-[
If it happens again, please let me know.
Are you saving during the landing, just after, some time after?

About balancing... After some playthrough, I found it quite boring to have half the map burning after each storm. What do you guys think aout it? Should I set the weather to snow/rain after a storm to rapidly rince the fires?
The research level required to deactivate the beacon is maybe too high. I may decrase it.

I will also correct a bug/exploit: there is no invasion when you just extract the weather controller, that's too easy! ;)

What about the invasion? Is is balanced? Too hard? Too easy? Coming far too late?

Latta

I got terraformer after just a few days. Some raiders attacked it for me and guards popped up, killed all who attacked it. Remaining guards were not easy, but not tough neither.

Fire caused by storm wasn't a problem for me. Actually, I liked how it cleans all the forest, and to see the ground slowly heals itself. But there can be a performance issue for slower system IMO.

What I didn't liked: Concrete tile it makes. As currently, there is no means to re-soil it(Soiling mod is too expensive for this!), I wonder whole map would become concrete tiles... But that's what terraformers do, yes. ::)

Latta

Quote from: Canute on March 28, 2015, 12:50:16 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on March 27, 2015, 08:59:43 PM
Quote from: eternalglory on March 23, 2015, 10:25:58 AM
When terrafoamer drop down ground save game, and load save file , it crashed....   

I attach output_log.txt

I studied your log file and saw this is due to the pylon list not being well loaded.
I was however not able to reproduce it even after some save/load spam during and after the landing. :-[
If it happens again, please let me know.
Are you saving during the landing, just after, some time after?

I got the same issue.
Looked like the same error model, like i got for More mechanoid's.
It allways happen once the thing is landed, i needed to end the event before i know i could do a safe savegame and goto bed ! :-)
Sorry don't got any safegame from that anymore.

Now I can't wear off the feeling of that ScribeValue.LookList() has unknown problem within it...
But for me, strangely, had no problem with this one, while struggling to solve More Mechanoid's error.

bigmap

I built the "Skywrath controller", the error occurred。

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_TurretGun.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SkywrathController.Building_SkywrathController.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.MainTab_Architect.TabOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.MainTabsRoot.MainTabsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.UIRoot_Map.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
(Filename:  Line: -1)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rikiki

Thanks for the report bigmap!
V10.1 corrects this bug. :)

@bigmap: Please try to save your game, quit Rimworld, update the mod to V10.1 and reload your savegame. It *should* (::)) correct the bug without needing to abandon your colony.

bigmap

Quote from: Rikiki on April 29, 2015, 05:12:36 PM
Thanks for the report bigmap!
V10.1 corrects this bug. :)

@bigmap: Please try to save your game, quit Rimworld, update the mod to V10.1 and reload your savegame. It *should* (::)) correct the bug without needing to abandon your colony.

It's ok.thanks! :)

Rikiki

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2015, 10:06:31 AM
When you build up the Skywrath controller, it allways use 6000 energy even when it is full charged.
You're right, it doesn't sounds logical. I integrated your idea in V10.2! :D
The skywrath controller now needs 7500 during charge and only 20% of it (so 1500) during other phases.

Rikiki

I added a poll to get people's feeling about the skywrath controller.

Thanks for your suggestions Canute! :)

IAMEPSIL0N

Is the save fix something I could apply into A9? This looks interesting and I'm not quite ready to move on to A10.

nukularpower

The Skywrath controller is ridiculously awesome and OP, capable of breaking any siege by itself, even from the Glittertech mega-guys.   So no, don't think it needs a buff;  if anything, wouldn't mind seeing it's power usage go up.

Honestly, this mod is about perfect, but I do have one gripe.  IMO the refire delay should be 0; it takes hours to research just one of the terraformers, so having 3 drop in is kinda depressing.  I havent tried just killing the extras yet, since it's easy to just set the xml so that it doesnt happen more than once ever, but yeah.   Thats all I had, thanks for making this :)

Rikiki

Quote from: IAMEPSIL0N on May 30, 2015, 02:36:06 AM
Is the save fix something I could apply into A9? This looks interesting and I'm not quite ready to move on to A10.
Sorry but this mod is only A10 compatible. I am quite sure it cannot work on A9 since the Core API is modified between each alpha.
FYI, A11 testing is in progress so you might just jump from A9 to A11 in a few weeks.

@nukularpower: thanks for the feedback! :)
Just a question though: what do you mean by this? ???
Quote from: nukularpowerIMO the refire delay should be 0
- the event occurs too often?
- time between incoming terraformers should be increased/probability decreased?
- time between skywrath controller's firing is too long?

nukularpower

Quote from: Rikiki on May 30, 2015, 09:39:53 AM
Quote from: IAMEPSIL0N on May 30, 2015, 02:36:06 AM
Sorry but this mod is only A10 compatible. I am quite sure it cannot work on A9 since the Core API is modified between each alpha.
FYI, A11 testing is in progress so you might just jump from A9 to A11 in a few weeks.

@nukularpower: thanks for the feedback! :)
Just a question though: what do you mean by this? ???
Quote from: nukularpowerIMO the refire delay should be 0
- the event occurs too often?
- time between incoming terraformers should be increased/probability decreased?
- time between skywrath controller's firing is too long?

srry yeah i meant the time between incoming terraformers.  I set it to a billion days myself just to make sure only 1 drops ever, but thats my preference ;)

Rikiki

Thread moved into Rikiki's Miscellaneous thread.

The poll is over and given the answers, the skywrath controlled seems to be balanced. It may require a little bit more power for A11.
Thanks all for your feedback! :)