[MOD] (Alpha 9) Rim-Strike: Counter-Strike in Rimworld!

Started by SlimeCrusher, March 23, 2015, 10:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Rim-Strike
Counter-Strike 1.6 weapons at the RimWorld.
Version 1.0b (hotfix).

Introduction:
This mod adds (a lot) of new weapons from the Counter-Strike universe (CS1.6, CZ and Source) to RimWorld. Currently it's just that, more weapons, no new factions and no apparel, but don't worry! The mod it's still in development, i don't really plan to add CTs and Ts but i may end up adding them, and i still have to add the dual berretas (graphics would look strange) and the smoke grenade (no idea how to add smoke), but the main weapons are added.

Credits:
SlimeCrusher, creator.
Valve Software, the sounds and names for the guns. (copyright free names yay)

Screenshots:

Left-Right, Top-Bottom: Knife (custom), Night Hawk 50C, 9x19 Sidearm, KM 45. Tactical (forgot to add silenced version), FiveSeven, 228 Compact, Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun, Leone 12 Gauge Super, KM Sub-machine Gun, MAC-10, Schmidt Machine Pistol, ES C90, KM UMP45, CV-47, M4A1 Maverick, Silenced version of M4A1, Bullpup, Krieg 552, Clairon 5.56, IDF Defender, M249, Magnum Sniper Rifle, D3/AU1, Schmidt Scout, Krieg 550 Commando, Flashbang and HE Grenade.
(sorry for selecting Ana, kinda screwed up the image there... whoops)
Changelog:
v0.1: Main release.
v0.1b: Tweaked KM 45 Tactical and 9x19mm Sidearm, are now cheaper. Fiveseven now fires a single bullet per burst. Fiveseven does more damage and fires faster, to account for 2 bullet burst lose.

Download:
Download from Dropbox

Installation:
Unpack the .rar file and copy "Rim-Strike" folder to your "Rimworld/Mods" folder, then activate the mod ingame via the Mods menu.

Known bugs:
None at the moment. Report (pm me or reply) if you find any bug! ;)

Notes:
The mod may have bugs, and may be unbalanced, so play at your own risk! :D
If you find anything out of place, tell me so i can get it fixed (ex: grenade explosion with shotgun sound (actual bug found in testing :p))

Dragoon

Uh the pistols in this mod cost more than the standard one does but aren't any better (excluding the night hawk).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CovertGhost7377

Do the grenades suck in the mod just like in Counter Strike? lol

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Dragoon on March 24, 2015, 04:45:51 AM
Uh the pistols in this mod cost more than the standard one does but aren't any better (excluding the night hawk).
What do you mean? Low power? I didn't wanted to make them too OP, i'll maybe tweak the price or something...
Actually, you're right, the FiveSeven seems to outpass every other pistol, the glock and the usp seem VERY underpowered, so i tweaked the price to make it much cheaper (150 instead of 275), same with usp.
Quote from: CovertGhost7377 on March 24, 2015, 05:14:03 AM
Do the grenades suck in the mod just like in Counter Strike? lol
I don't know, i made them cheap and single-use, the flashbang stuns enemies for about 5 or 7 seconds, the HE Grenade does a lot more damage than the normal grenades and has a longer range of both, explosion and throwing range. If i find them too useless i'll either make them cheaper or infinite (like normal grenades)

SlimeCrusher

Oh whoops, sorry guys!
I... Am very sorry for what happened with this thread...
It's just that i really took effort to make this mod work ok, but it's not satisfying when everyone acts like this mod doesn't even exist. I really like doing this stuff.
I'm taking a break from doing mods for a while.

HBKRKO619

I speak for myself but i took your mod and I like it. More stuff is always good.
Yes I didn't talked in your thread but exept when they is a big bug who made the mod unplayable, I didn't talk that much about balance because I just know absolutly nothing about moding and I'm not really annoyed about a mod who make the game to easy or to hard. I play with A LOT of mods, some made the game easier, some harder, it balance itself xD

SlimeCrusher

I'm glad you liked it  ;). It's just that i feel excluded when mods that add a single thing get a lot of feedback.

HBKRKO619

You know, having a lot of feedback is not particulary better because usually, a lot of those feedback are something like : "your mod doesn't work", "this is to powerfull, nerf it", "this is useless, boost it", "I absolutly don't understand your mod, explain what it do better", etc ...

You know, your mod work well, is quite well balanced (even if i'm not really the better person to say that like I said it xD). That mean that the people who took your mod are happy of your work, gratz ^^

WarlordToby

"Fire in the hole." *HEADSHOT* "Enemy down." "Okay, lets go." "COVER ME!"