Corpse ThingDef

Started by soulkata, March 19, 2015, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

Hi,

How I access the Corpse ThingDef? I want my mechanoid corpse provide cover, like the rock slag!

Latta

Quote from: soulkata on March 19, 2015, 01:25:14 PM
Hi,

How I access the Corpse ThingDef? I want my mechanoid corpse provide cover, like the rock slag!
It automatically generates by ThingDefGenerator_Corpse. There's no way modify its ThingDef AFAIK.

soulkata

Thanks!

Dll moding, here I go! :)

mipen

Quote from: soulkata on March 20, 2015, 09:26:54 AM
Thanks!

Dll moding, here I go! :)

You can just make a ThingDef like:

<ThingDef>
    <defName>MD2DroidCorpse</defName>
    <label>dead droid</label>
    <eType>Corpse</eType>
    <thingClass>MD2.DroidCorpse</thingClass>
    <tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
    <comps>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompForbiddable</compClass>
      </li>
    </comps>
  </ThingDef>

And add parts that you want. This is taken from my droids in Mechanical defence 2. The hard part is getting pawns to use the specific corpse. A few alphas back there was a <corpseDef> tag in the PawnKindsDef, but it didn't really work. It may still be there and might work now, you could give it a go :)

EDIT: the <corpseDef> tag is now located in the <race> part of the pawns race ThingDef. So adding the corpse to a pawn would look something like:

<ThingDef>
<defName>PawnRace</defName>
<race>
<corpseDef>MyCorpseDefName</corpseDef>
</race>
</ThingDef>

Obviously with all the other parts included as well :)

soulkata

Thanks!!

I have made a "Dll Workaround" to manually change the corpse ThingDef! I will use this solution! :)

soulkata

Quote from: mipen on March 22, 2015, 04:07:10 PM
EDIT: the <corpseDef> tag is now located in the <race> part of the pawns race ThingDef. So adding the corpse to a pawn would look something like:

<ThingDef>
<defName>PawnRace</defName>
<race>
<corpseDef>MyCorpseDefName</corpseDef>
</race>
</ThingDef>

Obviously with all the other parts included as well :)

Hello, I tried the method you described, however, the method: 'ThingDefGenerator_Corpses.ImpliedCorpseDefs()' overwrites the property declared in ThingDef.race.corpseDef.

I manually modified the corpse ThingDef in my mod AbilityPack