New "Playable" Races

Started by M, March 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Muahaha! Now, now we're all in the hands of the DEATH!

daft73

Quote from: Adamiks on March 20, 2015, 05:20:01 PM
Muahaha! Now, now we're all in the hands of the DEATH!
Madness.

Adamiks

Tynan

I definitely want to do xenohumans and, later, transanimals as joinable characters. Just to be clear. It just hasn't been critical priority yet.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

b0rsuk

Quote from: M on March 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
We all would like more, humanoid and not, playable races in the game. A space game needs aliens/races.[/b][/size]

No. I would not.

Adamiks

Quote from: Tynan on March 20, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
I definitely want to do xenohumans and, later, transanimals as joinable characters. Just to be clear. It just hasn't been critical priority yet.

So i think this is end of this topic :D

M

Quote from: Tynan on March 20, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
Great :) ! Thanks for your answer Tynan.

ja7833

Quote from: Johnny Masters on March 20, 2015, 02:54:21 PM
Unless we consider some post-human abnormalities as different races.

+1

I've always hoped the current default description "A baseline human, mostly unmodified by gene engineering and mostly unchanged by evolutionary pressures on non-earth planets." was alluding to the fact that in future builds/final game other options, while still human, would be available.  While not alien I think having distinct human types would satiate some player needs for greater character variety etc.
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

Kolljak

Honestly i would like to see the ludites or joywires with some sort of physical appearance change. maybe vatgrowns with odd colored hair. since they are geneticly synthetic. maybe pink or green. a bit more diffrence among the cannon "races" if you can call them that. Luddites if im not mistaken are people who have Shunned Technology and Joywires are people who have embrased it to a point of being similar to the characters from the anime Ghost in the shell. with synthetic limbs or enhancements. i may be wrong. Vatgrown are synthetic humans geneticly grown inside tubes..

I would even go for fan made aliens wasnt someone making a startrek conversion??

mumblemumble

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 20, 2015, 07:00:26 PM
Quote from: M on March 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
We all would like more, humanoid and not, playable races in the game. A space game needs aliens/races.[/b][/size]

No. I would not.
Kinda agee, we dont strictly need other races.

One thing I've brought up before, which never got responded to is very MINOR differences between CURRENT ethnicities. They exist (black people better able to tolerate heat, nordic people better able to tolerate cold, ect) but it makes many people pretty uncomfortable to talk about. But considering evolution, if you believe that, theres reason to believe there would be differences beyond aesthetics, and even if you don't believe in evolution, theres evidence to suggest minor differences anyways. Nothing HUGE, just little tiny effects to heat resistances, or other stats.

I remember i mentioned this in a thread on sunburns, that black people should be more resistant to it...nobody responded but the thread immediately died lol
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

DraconicGaming

I've touched upon this topic in my Letter to Ludeon thread, plus a whole slew of other things. I'm amending the letter overtime, if I feel something else is missing. I might return to the Quasihuman section in the future...

The Letter can be found here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26155