Surround geothermal vents with buildable ground

Started by Pink Photon, March 20, 2015, 04:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Photon

Always make the 6x6 grid surrounding a geothermal vent able to support a structure.

I can't build the generator because the top right tile is mud.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Igabod

I support this suggestion as well since the fertilizer pumps are no longer in the game to fix issues like this. I've actually modded the mud terrain def myself to make mud tiles capable to be built on just because of this issue.

[edit to add] I've attached that mod to this post if anybody is interested in it. I'm not going to release it in the official releases section but it is free for anybody to use in any way they like.

[attachment deleted due to age]

daft73

Quote from: Igabod on March 20, 2015, 05:47:39 PM
I support this suggestion as well since the fertilizer pumps are no longer in the game to fix issues like this. I've actually modded the mud terrain def myself to make mud tiles capable to be built on just because of this issue.

[edit to add] I've attached that mod to this post if anybody is interested in it. I'm not going to release it in the official releases section but it is free for anybody to use in any way they like.
Thanks Igabod, this may come in handy.

Tynan

I've actually already adjusted the geyser placer to just not place geyser too close to ground that doesn't support the Heavy terrain affordance.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

b0rsuk

It would be interesting if area surrounding a geyser was always warm, even in winter. Currently it appears to melt snow around it, but it's strictly visual.

daft73

Quote from: Tynan on March 20, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
I've actually already adjusted the geyser placer to just not place geyser too close to ground that doesn't support the Heavy terrain affordance.
Thank you Tynan. Man of the people. ;D