Making walls beautiful again?

Started by Woyzeck, March 20, 2015, 10:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woyzeck

Is there a simple XML edit that will make walls count towards the Beauty score again?

My last attempt at this only resulted in the game crashing.

mrofa

Its a example but you just add it in statbase
<statBases>
      <MaxHealth>500</MaxHealth>
      <WorkToMake>300</WorkToMake>
      <Flammability>0.2</Flammability>
  <Beauty>12</Beauty>
    </statBases>
All i do is clutter all around.

harpo99999

there is a xml that is for stones and walls of stone, look for the Various_Stone.xml in the \Defs\ThingDefs folder, (and I suggest placing you modified one into a \defs\thingdefs folder inside a mod of your own), BUT when it is on its own in a mod crash in wierd colours happens and even with the other files from the core thingdefs

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: harpo99999 on March 21, 2015, 07:36:24 AM
there is a xml that is for stones and walls of stone, look for the Various_Stone.xml in the \Defs\ThingDefs folder, (and I suggest placing you modified one into a \defs\thingdefs folder inside a mod of your own), BUT when it is on its own in a mod crash in wierd colours happens and even with the other files from the core thingdefs

Should only happen upon loading an existing map.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

harpo99999

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 21, 2015, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: harpo99999 on March 21, 2015, 07:36:24 AM

Should only happen upon loading an existing map.
that IS how I was testing,have not tried a new colony with the idea yet

Woyzeck

Harpo - I think what you're trying to do is what I tried to do the first time around, resulting in the multi-colored crash.

Mrofa's suggestion works, i.e. adding a Beauty stat to the wall in Buildings_structures. Only problem is control of how beautiful that makes walls is complicated by the Stuff system, since the walls are all just "Wall" plus a material. Changing the material's stats will change the beauty of anything else made out of it as well, such as statues. With stone floors this wasn't a problem (floors are not Things, I take it). Ex. I set the Wall thing's beauty to "1", and wound up with marble walls having a beauty of 7, on account of both the Beauty % statFactor and Beauty statOffset stacking. I had hoped I could set the Wall's base Beauty to "0" and let the materials wholly determine Beauty of a constructed wall, but the game seems to treat a Beauty value of "0" as "not applicable", and just leaves the walls as not having any Beauty score at all.

harpo99999

that suggests that the beauty code is using multiply as in x *0 = 0 , so a small wall beauty ie about 0.1 should give the walls a small boost from the materials, but the material beauty does work when starting a new game