Delete the world and load the savegame. I dare you. (alpha9)

Started by b0rsuk, March 21, 2015, 04:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

On the new colony screen, you can not just choose the world, but also delete it. So I thought: "What happens if I delete a world used in a savegame and then load it ?". Well, shit hits the fan. It doesn't even crash, I have to kil the job with CTRL-C.

SSS

Personally, I think if people are determined to break the game, we should let them. :P

(Not serious, of course.)

b0rsuk

It's not clear and obvious that the savegame depends on a world file. It could be used only in colony generation. I didn't do this by going into game folder and deleting files, I did this through the game's interface. I think there should be a safeguard, such as asking for confirmation. An explanation that all associated savegames will be deleted.

I played a bunch of colonies in alpha9 and the list of worlds was really crowded and unwieldy. It's a valid expectations that I can use the game's interface to clean things up.

edit
I see you're calling me creatively insane. I take it as a compliment :-).

RemingtonRyder

Actually, since you need to generate a world before you can start a colony, it stands to reason that you need to hang onto the world file.

I suppose though that it wouldn't be too much hassle to scan the existing saved games, check to see if the world is 'in use' and return a warning prompting you to not delete the world file.

StorymasterQ

Or, delete savegames using the world file.

Call it a black hole or something :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Gaesatae

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 21, 2015, 04:37:41 PM
It's not clear and obvious that the savegame depends on a world file. It could be used only in colony generation.

Well, I think you have a point, I've posted a suggestion in the suggestions forums about it.