How to make money?

Started by Quasarrgames, March 21, 2015, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Vonholtz on March 22, 2015, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 22, 2015, 04:31:43 PM
No need to butcher anyone when all those pirates and tribals will happily deliver various valuable goods right to your door step.

Quote from: Vonholtz on March 22, 2015, 12:24:15 PM
One word of warring about this. Keep the human meat fare from you pawns and your meals. For some reason in alpha 9 when they are hungry they will go eat the raw human meat before cooked meals if the human meat is closer by only a little bit.

I actually noticed something similar with potatoes lying around my hydroponics, where colonists would eat them raw while about 20 cells over there was a fridge full of fine meals. It seems the values on that need some tweaking still.
I saw a post few weeks back they are a were of the trouble with raw food. They said it be fixed in alpha 10. Till then it has to be handled by playing smart.

Hope they also tone down the tendency to immediately grab raw food when they are hungry, even if the cook curently is preparing new cooked meals.

Sometimes it gets so annoying that I suggested to have the option for a prohibition on eating raw food or a storage area that only serves the kitchen (and from which colonists cannot take somethign unless they want to turn it into cooked food)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11611.0

Cazakatari

I guess i'm lucky, I never noticed colonists eating raw food. They'd walk their asses from the edge potato field all the way home to eat

It's also funny how many people seem to butcher raiders.... I 'm usually a predictable min/maxer but I never even thought about buchering people until my cold colony hit winter and I realized my food stores weren't going to last....

milon

About the human/raw/cooked meals:

Quote from: Changelog, Dec 31Pawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So they'll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.

That's new to Alpha 9.  (Cazakatari, check to make sure you're using Alpha 9.)  You just have to be careful about stockpiles now.  Put your human meat in a frozen stockpile that's a ways away from everything else and they should leave it alone.  Make sure to put a trade beacon in it so you can sell it.  ;)