[MOD] (Alpha 9) FireFly v0.45: Content Update

Started by blaze7736, March 22, 2015, 04:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze7736

Description:
Welcome to the firefly mod, We have been working hard to bring some of the grand features of this awesome show to life. The mod currently brings two major factions to the game with many features planed to come. We hope to live up to this great show and hope you enjoy. 

Features:
"If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing. And, if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order." - Zoe, Yes the Reavers are here.

The central government and law-enforcement organization of the Verse, The Alliance is here to bring order to the chaos along with taxes.

Art Rundown!
Hi this is TWrecks speaking. I have been working hard at bringing a lot of nice new textures to this mod. I thought I would pick out a couple of my favourites and give you guys something to look at.

The Reavers seem to be the most popular aspect of this mod thus far, with people telling us to make them eat everyone and the like. I can't give you that unfortunately but what I can do is make them look seriously scary. Here are some images.

Reaver front

Reaver side

Reaver rear, dat ass!

Now I know at least some of you are interested in weapons (I know I am). So here is the current lineup of Browncoat weaponry (I kinda went on a late night spree D:). These will not be in the game for quite a while, but it least it gives you an idea of what is coming.

Browncoat Heavy Rifle

Browncoat Revolver

Browncoat Rifle

Browncoat Super Shorty

Browncoat Shotgun

Browncoat SMG

Browncoat Sniper Rifle

Browncoat Assualt Rifle

Browncoat Carbine

Also before I go, if you steal my textures without asking, I will get my soldiers to rip off your head and piss down your neck and I will give them plenty of gum to chew while they do it. Otherwise, feel free to ask!

Have a nice night everyone!
[/center]

The Team:
Blaze: Dashingly handsome rouge programer who regularly hacks the pentagon and laughs in the face of their security, and likes to play video games in his spare time, which he has an awful lot of because hacking things is so easy for him.

TWrecks: A Dictator of the small country of Solumbia enjoys long walks along the beach and drawing epic textures. He makes the textures and makes sure the team is working by cracking the whip of pain.

Update log:

• V0.3 - Release
  • V0.45 - More Alliance Guns and Cloths (Mostly Complete Now) and Boss Reavers fear them

Upcoming Features:

• Fully Fleshed out Reavers
  • Brown Coats

Download:
Current Versions:
http:http://www.mediafire.com/download/zfqpo09fwfp0tp1/FireFly_v0.45.rar

Final Words:
I hope you guys enjoy this mod as much as we have enjoyed making it, we welcome all feedback and if you have any ideas or want to help just say so. So enjoy and remember that you can "Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me".

silentlord

are the Reavers gonna come in massive waves like the zombie mod? as that would be cool and scary.

SaymonCZ

Vonholtz

Ok seeing how it has factions to it.  I am sure it will need a new started. So I will put this in on my next new started. It looks like fun. Nice one.  ;D

jabbamonkey

Awesome. I've been waiting for someone to put this together (especially because mentions Firefly as an influence).

Tequilas

Saymon stole what I was about to ask. Excellent mod!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Tequilas

Scrooge? Now you're making me think of The Three Scrooges.  ;D

Tequilas

Quote from: Tequilas on March 22, 2015, 03:12:32 PM
Scrooge? Now you're making me think of The Three Scrooges.  ;D

Or is it The Three Stooges?

blaze7736

Thanks for the awesome response firstly i will have the sniper fixed for next update i must of missed typed the values, also note that due to factions this does require a new start and new world as for balancing we have spent a fair bit of time going over items in the mod but as always we sometimes miss stuff so any bugs or issues just mention it. 

jabbamonkey

I just wanted to check... when a reaver is incapacitated ... what happens when you lock them in a cell with a non-reaver?  Or can you NOT take reavers prisoners at all? (havent had time to test this out for myself yet)

blaze7736

Yes at this stage they have a difficulty of 100 to recruit but we plan to make them more refined, reavers will be more refined next as we firstly focused on the alliance and now comes more work on the reavers 

T-Wrecks

Saymon. This is far more balanced than the guns mod. xD

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2015, 06:16:30 PM
I can say, no the reaver don't eat the other prisoner.

I think it would be awesome to have the reavers eat others... You could create a cell where you dump "unwanteds"...

T-Wrecks

We will definitely be adding stuff like that after we finish alliance.