[Request/Idea] Headstart

Started by |Recon|, March 22, 2015, 12:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|Recon|

From playing the game for a good few hours I can see that it takes a while to complete/build a ship. It also takes a while to get into building a decent base.
So what if there was either a game mode or story teller that drops you right in the middle? With better starting gear, a few extra colonists and enough materials to build a functional base straight away.
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I like to build in games like this as well as fight without having to wait for it.
So you'd be dropped down and you'd be given a chance to build up a base like normal, but obviously you could do better than normal. The raids would start a little bit harder with more enemies and better gear.
The idea is that the game would have a headstart. Perhaps the mission here is to colonise this rimworld and you've been given the resources to do it, the goal being to have a total of 25 colonists in total or something instead of building a ship to escape?

This may already be a suggestion that I haven't seen (I'm new here) and there might be a mod for it as well. So... uhm tell me what you guys think!

|Recon|

That looks promising, I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks!

|Recon|