Meet Geiss, the empath

Started by Ungweliante, March 23, 2015, 10:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungweliante

Correct career choice? Although somehow, he made me think of Piter de Vries, from Dune :P

SpaceDorf

Other than that the combination is awesome ingame I can understand your doubts for carreer-choice ..

I can actually see Geiss talking some professional mushy hippie bullshit and then finish with something like "and now f**k off,
i don't care about you or your stupid sh*t .."

And this .. his namesake germanies low-tier celebrity .. he fits the profile quite well too :)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Geiss

Edit : And I would looooooove to send him to a rimworld, like a lot of other celebs ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

NoImageAvailable

There are some really nonsensical combos possible both for backgrounds and traits. I remember a colonist who was a vatgrown soldier (incapable of healing) turned glitterworld surgeon. I imagine it must've looked something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMuZY5Bt34
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

milon

Wow, that's awesome!  I'd love to have Geiss join my colony!  He'd recruit anyone we wanted, and for anyone we don't want...  remove organs, butcher for meat/leather, and sell off the pieces.  :D  (Funny - colonists care if you sell a whole living person, but they don't mind if you do it in pieces.)

b0rsuk

It's possible to have a Glitterworld Surgeon without the Medicine skill !

Woyzeck

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 23, 2015, 10:32:52 AM
There are some really nonsensical combos possible both for backgrounds and traits. I remember a colonist who was a vatgrown soldier (incapable of healing) turned glitterworld surgeon.

Nonsensical in more ways than one. I never understood what kind of fool creates an army of soldiers incapable of performing first aid. That would be very quick and expensive way to lose every war.

Boboid

Quote from: Woyzeck on March 23, 2015, 05:36:46 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 23, 2015, 10:32:52 AM
There are some really nonsensical combos possible both for backgrounds and traits. I remember a colonist who was a vatgrown soldier (incapable of healing) turned glitterworld surgeon.

Nonsensical in more ways than one. I never understood what kind of fool creates an army of soldiers incapable of performing first aid. That would be very quick and expensive way to lose every war.

The same guy who designed the Stormtroopers presumably.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

lusername

I think I've seen a combination of backgrounds that rendered a pawn incapable of doing anything at all, just flat 0s and -'s across the board.

b0rsuk

In my opinion the game needs to rethink its approach to background combinations. Either each background should have a requirement (for example a person with disabled medicine can't become Glitterworld Surgeon), or make later background override the earlier one and err on the side of enabling skills rather than disabling them. So a vatgrown soldier might still become a glitterworld surgeon, and there might be a good story behind it, but he should be a surgeon with Medicine skill!!

lusername

The sensible option would be that if a background gives a bonus to a skill, that skill is always enabled.