Meal stupididty

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, March 23, 2015, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Okay i have my cook stove up and frying potatoes and berries to make simple meals. I noticed my colonist are eating raw food so i looked at me food stock and i had plenty of meals for 2 armies. So curious i watched them and instead of going in to the freezer to get a good meal they grab raw food from my growing zone to eat AND TAKE TO THE TABLE THAT'S NEXT TO THE FREEZER! Please halp i dunno waz happenin here :(
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

hyperkiller

Are the meals forbidden? Are the meals spoiled? (room below 32?)  take a picture and show us if that still don't help.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Its not letting me post the pic its too large for it to fit
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mechanoid Hivemind

file:///C:/Users/Jon/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon%20Studios/RimWorld/Screenshots/screenshot9.png

Heres the screen shot idk how to upload it on here and i am gonna be leaving for work soon so i cant take the time to figure it out

RemingtonRyder

As a workaround, you can manually prioritise eating from cooked meals by right-clicking on the meals.

If you're unable to do this then the food stack is tied up by something else (which is still a bug, in my opinion) like feeding a patient. A way around this is to increase the number of meal stacks. They're going to be frozen, so it's not like the food is going to waste.

As for the raw food eating, you may need to prioritise hauling and get that food shifted to the freezer. I agree that it shouldn't happen when there's a better alternative nearby.

Gaesatae

Certainly screenshots or a savegame might be useful to figure out the issue. Eating works OK for me. Another common cause for your colonist to not eat meals could be that the stored meals are in a prisoner room.

Mechanoid Hivemind

How do i make my screen shots smaller?
Because its too big to fit in here

Gaesatae

You can reduce temporarily the game resolution to make a smaller screenshot. You can also try to upload the image to another web like http://imgur.com and post the link here.

Tynan

I've addressed this issue for A10, thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog