Boomalope story

Started by picollo, August 24, 2015, 07:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picollo

Started new colony. Decided to play with new Animal taming. Hares could be good as a meat for winter, couldn't they?
So I've created barn. Tamed few of them, everything went good. Then suddenly Boomalope self tamed. No. I won't risk holding them together.
So let's create restricted zone for boomalope far away from base. Just for boomalope. She had grass to eat, my base was secure, everybody was happy. Untill raid happened. Some raiders attached my base, one or two attacked boomalope. Good. She will die, right? Wrong. Raiders hurt boomalope, but then they started to flee. I have assigned some orders, then I see that  my vet is carrying boomalope to base. Animal sleeping spots there. He put boomalope there, started to threat her, but it was too late. Boomalope died. Kaboom. That's how Rimworld Baked Hares have been created.

Hayhorse

Wut are Boomalopes? They sound scary..... ( Havent touched A12 yet )

Mr.Cross

Picture a Boomrat that mated with a Dromedra (Or however you spell it). It's the size of the Dromedra, has the same color but has big bubbles on it's back. Now it's okay for you to pet it, however should you kill it, it explodes, and I hear the radius of the explosion is huge.
Claims to know most things.

A Friend

Quote from: Hayhorse on August 24, 2015, 08:50:10 PM
Wut are Boomalopes? They sound scary..... ( Havent touched A12 yet )
It's an artillery shell with legs.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Darkfirephoenix

Am I the only one that will now try to make a herd of boomalopes and train them as suicide bombers for sieges? :D

b0rsuk

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on August 25, 2015, 03:15:17 AM
Am I the only one that will now try to make a herd of boomalopes and train them as suicide bombers for sieges? :D

Actually they're quite fragile and slow, prone to chain reaction. The easiest manhunter pack unless no one in your colony can shoot. Your best bet would be unleashing boomalopes at night, when they're sleeping. That should make for a scenic event.

A Friend

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on August 25, 2015, 03:15:17 AM
Boomalopes looks like an effective tribal repellant. Just place them in a area near your killbox or defenses and watch as the melee bastards swarm it and explode.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Alitaria

Two words:
Psycho
Boomalopes

http://i.imgur.com/8lUzY08.jpg

Single most terrifying experience in this colony because all it takes is one visitor to injure a single Boomalope and the whole front half of my colony goes up in smoke
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Jamini

Boomalope manhuner packs are the most hilarious, most terrifying, most awesome thing. Especially the chain-reaction explosions. (Melee not advised)