Everything that is wrong with mods as they are now from a new player perspective

Started by Smikis, March 23, 2015, 07:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: tylers2001 on March 24, 2015, 04:03:12 PM
Dude if you dont like how the mods are then DONT LOOK AT THE MODS. just like cyber bullying. "Scientist have discovered an astonoshing way to stop cyber bulling" *shows picture of a power button* its the same principle.
While this may be true, I can concur that to a new player the mods forum is a little daunting.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: daft73 on March 24, 2015, 03:25:42 PM
@ MarvinKosh, would not sticky-ing the mods list , help newer players? Just a suggestion. I guess the only thing stopping it is the fact that it is not updated enough?

Actually, if you see a mod which isn't on the list yet, feel free to PM me it to me. I can help InfinityKage to maintain it when I'm not patrolling for troublemakers and spam.

Um, the reason why it isn't stickied? This is covered in the FAQ for publishing mods:

QuoteQ: Can my mod or list of mods be pinned?
A: No. It will be unfair to other mod creators if the list or mod is pinned cause some mods might be missed been added to the list.

I get that it would be very useful to keep it at the top, really. I spent ten minutes today trying to figure out which page it was on, thinking it had been deleted. Nope. It was on Page 3, I just didn't spot it.

However, skullywag has been working on something which might eventually replace such a list. So maybe we should try to get behind that?

skullywag

Still working on it, had a bit of a slow down recently but its still in play.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

daft73

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 24, 2015, 05:39:31 PM...
QuoteQ: Can my mod or list of mods be pinned?
A: No. It will be unfair to other mod creators if the list or mod is pinned cause some mods might be missed been added to the list.
Derp, I knew that.

need more coffee. ::)

Giraffe

Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PM
How many mods skyrim had, probably millions by now, how many are used actively , 20?

Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PMhow many are used actively , 20?

Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PM20?

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAH!

Seriously this person is either a huge troll or a genuine ignoramus.

rexx1888

Quote from: tylers2001 on March 24, 2015, 04:03:12 PM
Dude if you dont like how the mods are then DONT LOOK AT THE MODS. just like cyber bullying. "Scientist have discovered an astonoshing way to stop cyber bulling" *shows picture of a power button* its the same principle.

complete derail, but thats not how you stop cyber bullying, thats how cyber bullying works... the goal is to hurt that person so much they stop using something thats useful to them... i hope you dont hand out that sort of advice everywhere you think its applicable :\

prongssage

Quote from: daft73 on March 24, 2015, 03:25:42 PM
@ MarvinKosh, would not sticky-ing the mods list , help newer players? Just a suggestion. I guess the only thing stopping it is the fact that it is not updated enough?

when i come on to the site even after a few hours there are 4 to 5 pages of topic with new post since i usually just click on show unread post. most f the ones that deal with mods are usually just on going mods so there is no need for the list to updated. I guess a bump would work but i get tired of seeing those and most of the time i quit looking at that page.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Giraffe on March 27, 2015, 01:55:27 AM
Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PM
How many mods skyrim had, probably millions by now, how many are used actively , 20?

Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PMhow many are used actively , 20?

Quote from: Smikis on March 24, 2015, 12:02:21 PM20?

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAH!

Seriously this person is either a huge troll or a genuine ignoramus.
....I just.... trying to play a besthesda game with only 20 mods? You need at least 5 for patching/bugfixes alone, in most cases.

...my skyrim is running with 217 mods installed. My morrowind 135.

And a LOT of the morrowind mods are modpacks/merged mods.