Citizens becoming invisible and crashing the game; and reloading save wont work.

Started by barry_scot, November 17, 2013, 07:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry_scot

I had been playing a save for a couple of hours and made a large base with lots of citizens with weapons and a number of auto-gun turrets; however when a large squirrel attack happened a few citzens became injurred and other became invisibile but still had their name tags. After trying to click on the name tags of the invisible citizens the game froze; after awhile it unfroze but my followers where still invisible. This is when i decided to exist to main menu and load back in; however when quicking load the game became white and i only could see name tags moving on screen i also quit the game and tried again but still the same result.

Semmy

What version number are you playing and witch os are you using?

Maybe a savegame after they became invisible?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

barry_scot

i am using the newest version of the game i think as i have just bought the game and i am playing on windows 7

Semmy

Edmund Burke

barry_scot

well i must be on that then, but ive made a new save and it hasnt happened again yet, but it was annouying and hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Semmy

Tynan cant fix it if we can't reproduce it.
Since we don't know how it happened
Edmund Burke

barry_scot

well everyone was grouped together, maybe the game couldnt register all the citizens? but over than that i have no idea how it happened

Semmy

I have been trying to play with all my goons selected and seeing if it would reproduce if some got hurt and/or died.
But can't reproduce it.

Will keep looking though
Edmund Burke

barry_scot

i wish i had recorded it now but its on of those things that you dont expect. i could take a picture of the loading screen but i dont know how much it will help

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Zorbane

Quote from: barry_scot on November 17, 2013, 01:53:33 PM
i wish i had recorded it now but its on of those things that you dont expect. i could take a picture of the loading screen but i dont know how much it will help

If you still have a saved game file that might help

Semmy

Quote from: Zorbane on November 17, 2013, 02:34:50 PM
Quote from: barry_scot on November 17, 2013, 01:53:33 PM

If you still have a saved game file that might help

I already asked him i hope he does.
This might show whats happening.

I really cant reproduce it with all my goons selected and getting them injured dying or whatever combination
Edmund Burke

Semmy

if you have dropbox just dump it in there and hand us a link.

Or upload it to your post as an attachment
Edmund Burke

barry_scot

i dont have drop box and i cant attach the file to the comment, it's too big