Benefits of certain bionics?

Started by Goldenpotatoes, March 24, 2015, 10:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

Most mods and some vanilla aspects allow you to augment colonists with varying effects, ranging from consciousness, manipulation, movement, to breathing.

Most of them are self-explanatory, but what about things like hearing, breathing, or consciousness? Is there any actual benefit to augmenting a colonist to enhance these or are they currently just placeholders for core stuff/fluff?

Boboid

Some are duds, others have very small benefits.
I'll just go down the list (Feel free to correct me if I've missed anything here)

Consciousness: Extremely important - used for literally everything
Sight: Very important - Used for most tasks including combat.
Hearing: Almost useless - Has a small impact on the Trade Price Improvement stat
Moving: Very important - Self explanatory!
Manipulation: See above ^
Talking: Socially important - Diplomatic Gifts/Social Chats/Trade prices
Eating: Self explanatory - Determines eating speed
Breathing: Does nothing. AFAIK
Blood Filtration: Affects disease immunity speed
Blood Pumping: Does nothing. AFAIK
Metabolism: Does nothing. AFAIK

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Zipko

I think metabolism also affects immunity speed, but not sure.

Boboid

If it does it's unlisted - you can look at immunity speed in the colonists information panel now.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

SSS

Goldenpotatoes, whenever you select a pawn or anything else in the game, you can hit the "i" icon for info on it. When you view a human pawn's info, you'll see stats like their walking speed, their combat hit chances, their work speeds for various jobs, and so on. If you click any of these stats the game shows you how they're calculated. That's how Boboid knows that consciousness affects virtually everything, for example.

Take a look at it sometime. It's a rather nifty feature; I wish the tutorial would point it out to people (especially the part about being able to click stats to find out how they're calculated).