[MOD] (Alpha 9) Stroyent .99b

Started by cythedag, March 25, 2015, 06:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cythedag

Introducing Stroyent!

Hello everyone!
Are you tired of letting all of that Human meaty goodness go to waste when you either cremate or bury the fallen?
Try Stroyent!TM
(galactic patent pending)

This juicer takes all of that delectable flesh (pre-butchered of course) and breaks it down into it's molecular components! All of the amino acids, enzymes, and minerals are preserved in this high tech Human goo! Stroyent is such an unnatural high tech product that it cannot rot or go rancid, and it's so delicious and nutritious you don't have to be a soulless cybernetic cannibal to enjoy it!
Try it today!

Thanks to Kirid for the awesome stroyent icon, and JuliaEllie for inspiration from her Apothicarius mod.
Please let me know if you run into any bugs, or have any comments/suggestions.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9j1g8ff6itux5pq/Stroyent99b.rar?dl=0

eternalglory

Oh I love human meat!

It's NUTRIOUS!

skullywag

Human smoothies! I love this game.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

FridayBiology

New "if that was said outside Rimworld Forums i'd be arrested, quote"
"Oh i love human meat"

> mod is pretty sweet, just waiting for a amputated arm/leg/infected kidney object to throw into a blender in A10
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

cythedag

Quote from: Viceroy on March 25, 2015, 01:27:32 PM

Thanks man. I will take your suggestions to the glorious Makron into consideration. I'm actually working on a mod that uses Xerigium in a Medicine recipe, but honestly that's been done before so I may just expand on this stroyent mod some more. Maybe add a new ingredient like Nanites or something as part of a reciepe to use stroyent as medicine. I would like to eventually make a Neurocyte implantable that instantly converts captured colonists to your side, at the cost of making them psychopaths that cannot use the social skill. If that is even possible anyways. I'm still looking into the whole .dll modding thing. I have some C# knowledge and I've looked at other peoples assemblies, but I really haven't figured much out yet. If anyone reading this can help me out, I would be very thankful.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

cythedag

>>Viceroy
Thanks again! I really am going to try dll modding.
Really "officially" I'm just a huge nerd. Don't give me too much credit, the Strogg alphabet is just a graphical replacement of English font.
Although from all the enemy taunts I heard in Q2 and Q4 they speak in a very odd almost Egyptian type of phonetic. Probably keeping with the whole Cthulhu-esqe theme consistent in the Quake series. I kinda wish I actually knew how all of the letters are pronounced. Sadly, I don't think the Id dev team thought into that much detail, even though the Strogg are a very fascinating science fiction concept.

Dragoon

Hurray no more starving to death during winters!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

HBKRKO619

What's the difference between this and the soilent green from apothecarius ?

Apothecarius is one of my favorite mod and with zombie apocalypse, it's easy to have pretty much illimited food xDDD so what's this mod could add ?

cythedag

Well, for one you have to butcher the meat beforehand. Two, you get a higher yield. And finally three, it uses different graphics.
Thanks for the constructive input.

JuliaEllie

Hello, Im JuliaEllie from the Rimworld forums and I approve of this mod. *makes shopping TV pose*

rditto48801

So, it's basically like Soylent Green production, but rather than using the stuff to feed algae, it's instead fed strait to colonists... not a mod I would use, but definitely an interesting concept, and likely handy for people who like colonies filled with cannibals, and maybe also for cannibals lacking jaws.

Is it just for human stuff, or can it be used for meats in generals?
You know, to make a meaty alternative to fruit smoothies for those who can't be bothered to eat fruits and vegetables in any form.
Maybe also a Cannibal Cocktail. Stroylent mixed with other liquified meat types. Either for extra flavor, nutrients (some of those pirates/tribals look pretty scrawny), or just help extend foodmeat stocks while still appealing to a colony's cannibals, and perhaps tricking regular colonists into not realizing what the added flavor in their boar flavor protein shake is...

(I can't believe I just type that stuff out...)
*quickly runs away screaming in Home Alone style*
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

cythedag

>>rditto48801
It's considered meat, so you can use it in recipes. Also, the process takes the "Human" out of the meat and it's not considered cannibalism to eat it. Really the whole reason I made this mod was so that I could have a relatively balanced way of using human meat in food for colonists who aren't cannibals. Like if you play in a frozen biome were food can be scarce at times. An interesting note is that eating it raw doesn't give colonists bad thoughts, and it doesn't need to be refrigerated. It's perfect food for prisoners.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: cythedag on March 25, 2015, 08:24:38 PM
Well, for one you have to butcher the meat beforehand. Two, you get a higher yield. And finally three, it uses different graphics.
Thanks for the constructive input.

Ok thank you for the insight :) I will try it ^^