The Story of Ian Braddock...

Started by baekdal, March 25, 2015, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baekdal

Let me tell you a little story. This is Ian Braddock. He is a nice chap from the clan of Crouca of Kangaroo, and a good friend of my colony. One day he came by for a visit. We had a nice chat, drank some beers, and discussed the case of alpha beavers. It was a nice day. But then, as he was preparing to go home, the pirates dropped in. Sadly, Ian was caught in the crossfire, and was knocked out.

After an intense firefight, we finally manage to repel the invaders, and we rushed out to rescue Ian which at this point was in considerable pain, almost bleeding out, and quite delirious. Yes, we 'rescued' him, not 'captured', because Ian was our friend. And Ian was then rushed to the hospital, treated with all the best medicine and by our best doctors.

After a couple of days of recovery, I started wondering why Ian wasn't back on his feet. Surely, he would want to go home by now. All his wounds were healed, but he refused to leave his bed. But then I discovered the reason. Ian had lost his left leg. Apparently the pirates had blown it right off. One moment it was there attached to him... the next, well... we never found it.

But no worries. I had a bionic leg in storage, so I would just give this to Ian. Again, because he was our friend and our guest. That's how we roll in my colony. But... you might notice something missing in the screenshot below:

Yes, no 'operations' tab. Apparently, since Ian is a guest, I'm not allowed to operate on him. So... Ian is kind of stuck. He can't move because he is missing a leg. And I can't help him, because I'm not allowed to operate on him. Meanwhile, Ian was getting more and more grumpy because of the cramped space in the hospital.

So, what do you do? Well... I could arrest him and threat him as a prisoner. But that would mean antagonizing his clan, not to mention annoy the hell out of Ian ...even if it was for a good cause. Mmmm... not a smart plan. And what about the mood debuff?

So, as any good host, I ended up doing what you see in the picture above. I built a huge spacious room, with all the comforts Ian could possibly want (including a big screen TV). Now Ian is happy. He is well-fed. Have a lot of social chats, is spending all day in bed watching TV ... for, literally, the rest of his life ;)

I even filled the room with flowers, since Ian, as you may have noticed, is an avid botanist.

NoImageAvailable

The obvious issue aside, I have to say its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

baekdal

w00d

i got by the rule, in space, no one can hear you scream..

PineyCreek

My understanding is in A10 if someone from their faction is visiting they will take them home, but I agree we should have a tab for that and I think we should get an additional bonus in improved relations for doing so. I was in the same position with a poor woman who were visiting while raiders were preparing to attack and I of course set someone to rescue her and provide the best medical care we could provide. Sadly she had to live in my medical bay until she died... I don't know if the game became self aware and took pity on the woman traped in a hospital bed or a bug because I still don't know what killed a healthy, fully fed, person in my nice warm med bay.

litlbear

if you have the food just keep him around
yes

curi0

MyNameIsSpyder

Let's just hope raiders don't like to steal flat screen TVs...

baekdal

They won't be able to enter my base...
http://imgur.com/a/jU3Cm ;)

My killbox can be repaired from the inside, so...
see: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5936.msg118293#msg118293

And yes, I got loads of food. So much that I'm only making fancy meals. Ian is very well catered for ;)