Factions

Started by Workload, November 17, 2013, 02:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Workload

EDIT: I change it from races to different human factions
Just wondering if you plan on making different Human factions that the player could recruit.
Give each Faction their own traits/skills    and for names and story I’m not the best with making names up. So if you got a better one please let me know and I’ll change it and add traits. I just put down some example ones, they are not the best but hoping you guys got some nice ones that are fare and make sense to Rimworld. 
The skills should be around +10 all together and no higher then +3 or -3 on one skill.

Race- Basic Human
Genders- Normal
Incapable of- (none)
Skills
Construction      +1
Growing            +1
Research           +0
Mining               +0
Shooting           +2
Melee                +0
Social               +2
Cooking            +2
Medicine           +1
Artistic             +1
Crafting           +0
Traits- Keep same
Story: Keep same
Looks- Human
Perks %3 boost to barter prices/ nothing else due to they are the even skilled Faction.

Race- The Greys - Human  <---  Needs better name
Genders- NA                                                                                                                                                     
Incapable of- More likely to get Fighting ones/shooting melee
Skills
Construction      +0
Growing            +1
Research           +3
Mining               +0
Shooting            -1
Melee                -1
Social               +1
Cooking            +0
Medicine           +3
Artistic             +2
Crafting            +2
Traits- might have to add few new ones.
Story: Humans that alter there own DNA though science to make their race have no genders. They reproduce in a lab by growing them. They are a kind but not to social to other Factions.
Looks: Tall, Thin, color depends mostly darks greys, No hair, 2 arms/ 2 legs 
Perks: Less chance to have a lab fire/ %5 boost in research speed,crafting,medicince/ -%10 shooting speed.

Race- Molarli  - Human
Genders- Normal
Incapable of- More likely to get Research/Artistic
Skills
Construction      +2
Growing            +0
Research           -2
Mining              +3
Shooting           +0
Melee               +1
Social               +1
Cooking            +1
Medicine           +0
Artistic              -1
Crafting            +3
Traits- might have to add few new ones.
Story:  People who mostly live in asteroids fields and ships.
Looks: tallness normal, size normal, Very pale skin, Normal hair, 2 arms/ 2 legs 
Perks: They don’t like bright lit instead they prefer the dark

Let me know if you got some other faction team ideas

Galileus

Can't find the exact quote right now, but I believe Tynan stated we won't get closer to aliens than muffalos and post-human civilizations.

Semmy

The closest to aliens the game might get really really maybe are xeno-humans.
This was stated by tynan.

See it as an challenge for the modders to make aliens d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Quote from: Semmy on November 17, 2013, 04:41:49 PMSee it as an challenge for the modders to make aliens d-;

You can separate renderer types for different creatures (like squirrels not getting human bodies :P) so it shouldn't be too hard. Still, me, I'm waiting for WH40K mod :P

DeltaV

Yeah, if you read the creative rewards guideline-lore thing it tells you that essentially there are no aliens in the game's universe, or at least none have been found since nobody can go faster than light.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Workload

darn o well I can live with that. I just saw a lots of other suggest with aliens my bad, will check out the guideline-lore
Maybe can switch these to all human and say their different factions of people/ what reigns they came from. could this work?

Nasikabatrachus

The game background establishes that there are wide varieties of mid-level tech human groups, including dwarves and giants, so it's reasonable that different "races" with varying skill proclivities and aptitudes might be included as development progresses. Personally, I'm looking forward to making an actual Dwarf Colony, though I suspect that will be a while down the road.