Project Terra?

Started by apljee, March 27, 2015, 10:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

Has anyone else played Project Terra? It's a browser-based nation simulator game. Here's a description from the website:

QuoteProject Terra is an advanced, complex, and free online nation simulation game that aims for total realism through continuous development and improvements. This game presents the player with thousands of options. Choose from among various government systems, which laws you wish to propose, a mega-city's worth of buildings to construct, what resources to trade (and which resources you will keep), all while managing your population and workforce, and building, researching, and deploying numerous military units. With over 50 complex, interactive nation variables allowing you to lead a revolution, form a new nation, and rule it as you choose! Create a leader and forge a powerful nation reflecting your goals and values, from a military superpower to an industrial powerhouse. Your population, resources, and income all grow in real time and make use of some advanced coding features. The best way to find out about the game is to register and play for free!

As of now, I've created a nation called Rimworld with the capital of We Landed. If anyone else wants to play with me, and possibly do some in-game stuff feel free to comment below, or just voice your opinion on the game and your thoughts about it.

-- If you want to register and start an alliance of the rimworlds, please go use one of the links below. If you use a link, please comment saying you've used it because each link can only be used once.

Link 1 - Link Taken by JuliaEllie
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4 - Link Taken by Latta
Link 5

JuliaEllie

Looking at the game - used first link

apljee

Here's a picture of my government's political party - as you can see, the Rimocrats (Rimocracy) takes up the majority of my government.

(Ignore everything down in my windows bar.)

Update: Apparently, only 389 representatives from the Rimocrats wanted Civil Rights.

Huh.

Update 2: Quote taken from the "Laws" page of the website, where I can pass new laws:

QuoteWhere belief in Norse Gods and Goddesses is taught and evangelized and belief in Norse cosmology, Norse mythological ideas and other elements of Norse mythology is promoted. As the law models your society on ancient Norse ones, it will be more authoritarian, more warlike, with harsh punishments for crime and less emphasis on social issues like disease prevention.

Basically, I can pass a law that turns my nation into a Norse-based society.

Latta

Used 4th to take a look!

Justin C

I played a handful of nation sims years and years ago.

For a while I was an admin for a game called Megalomania, which at its peak only had like 250 concurrent users, but the game took up so much of my time in my late teens. For 2 or 3 years it was one of the only games I played.