Started by mipen, March 26, 2015, 05:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray_Anor

It's my backstories for main alter-ego pawn

<BackstoryDef>
    <defName>GamebloggerAdultHood</defName>
    <title>Video game blogger</title>
    <titleShort>Gameblogger</titleShort>
    <baseDescription>NAME was worked as programmer in big corp. HECAP have a hobby: videogaming and videoblogging.</baseDescription>
    <bodytypeMale>Male</bodytypeMale>
    <bodyTypeFemale>Female</bodyTypeFemale>
    <slot>Adulthood</slot>
   <workDisables>
    </workDisables>
    <skillGains>
      <li>
        <defName>Research</defName>
        <amount>3</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Shooting</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Social</defName>
        <amount>2</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Artistic</defName>
        <amount>2</amount>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
    <spawnCategories>
      <li>Civil</li>
    </spawnCategories>
  </BackstoryDef>

<BackstoryDef>
    <defName>YoungReaderChildHood</defName>
    <title>Young reader</title>
    <titleShort>Reader</titleShort>
    <baseDescription>NAME was like to read many books. As many as HE may to find. Very many books. But HE have not so much friends, because have not time for them.</baseDescription>
    <bodytypeMale>Thin</bodytypeMale>
    <bodyTypeFemale>Thin</bodyTypeFemale>
    <slot>Childhood</slot>
    <workDisables>
    </workDisables>
    <skillGains>
      <li>
        <defName>Construction</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Growing</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Research</defName>
        <amount>3</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Mining</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Shooting</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Melee</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Social</defName>
        <amount>-3</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Medicine</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Artistic</defName>
        <amount>2</amount>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defName>Crafting</defName>
        <amount>1</amount>
      </li>
    </skillGains>
    <spawnCategories>
      <li>Civil</li>
      <li>Raider</li>
    </spawnCategories>
  </BackstoryDef>

maybe some inbalanced, but... it's my story and I'm a writer of that )))

Dragoon

Hey..does this need to be updated for alpha 10?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

De1ta

Quote from: Dragoon on April 19, 2015, 05:57:45 AM
Hey..does this need to be updated for alpha 10?

I think it does; I get an error in the debug window saying "Found no usable data when trying to get Backstories.BackstoryDefs from file NameDefTemplate.xml"

As this did not happen in A9, and the only other mod I've got active is Prepare Carefully (which was previously compatible), I'm guessing its a bug from trying to run an A9 mod in A10.

mipen

Kingmal

This is an amazing mod! ;D My one wish is for there to be a way to remove certain backstories, since a few of them (particularly the backer-created ones) are more annoying than anything. It's easy enough to skip over them, but it wastes time and you can't stop them from showing up in colonists you recruit after you've started the game.

Probably impossible though, especially since it'd be a bit rude to people who backed the game early, so Tynan's probably put a little effort in to making sure it's not easy to remove them. Great mod nonetheless, I don't know how I lived before discovering it.
Proud member of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on April 23, 2015, 06:37:15 AM
Now updated to alpha 10!

I have been looking for something like this! Perfect. Thank you!

mipen

Quote from: Kingmal on May 14, 2015, 09:49:23 PM
This is an amazing mod! ;D My one wish is for there to be a way to remove certain backstories, since a few of them (particularly the backer-created ones) are more annoying than anything. It's easy enough to skip over them, but it wastes time and you can't stop them from showing up in colonists you recruit after you've started the game.

Probably impossible though, especially since it'd be a bit rude to people who backed the game early, so Tynan's probably put a little effort in to making sure it's not easy to remove them. Great mod nonetheless, I don't know how I lived before discovering it.
Actually it is easy to remove existing backstories, I could add that functionality in if you wish.

Quote from: Nimrod on May 15, 2015, 03:37:42 AM
Quote from: mipen on April 23, 2015, 06:37:15 AM
Now updated to alpha 10!

I have been looking for something like this! Perfect. Thank you!
You're welcome! :)

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 15, 2015, 06:55:54 AM

Actually it is easy to remove existing backstories, I could add that functionality in if you wish.

I would also greatly appreciate this function.

A question of my own: Would it be possible to give backstories FIXED connected TraitDefs?
So you could make a "Serial Killer" Backstory that also always gave "Psycopath" and "Bloodlust" ... just as an example :D

Since its easy th write TraitDefs that could really open up some creative new ways in my opinion.

mipen

Quote from: Nimrod on May 15, 2015, 08:20:36 AM
Quote from: mipen on May 15, 2015, 06:55:54 AM

I would also greatly appreciate this function.

A question of my own: Would it be possible to give backstories FIXED connected TraitDefs?
So you could make a "Serial Killer" Backstory that also always gave "Psycopath" and "Bloodlust" ... just as an example :D

Since its easy th write TraitDefs that could really open up some creative new ways in my opinion.
This is a lot more difficult to do, I did try to do it earlier but it didn't work so I gave up haha. I'll give it another when I have some time and see if I can get it going, I agree it would be a nice thing to have :)

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 15, 2015, 11:21:06 PM
This is a lot more difficult to do, I did try to do it earlier but it didn't work so I gave up haha. I'll give it another when I have some time and see if I can get it going, I agree it would be a nice thing to have :)

Awesome! :D
I hope you find a way to make it work.

mipen

Quote from: Nimrod on May 16, 2015, 06:16:39 AM

I have added PawnBios, which combine two backstories together to make a unique pawn. I wasn't able to find any way to tie in specific traits with those however :(

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 17, 2015, 07:26:21 AM
Quote from: Nimrod on May 16, 2015, 06:16:39 AM

I have added PawnBios, which combine two backstories together to make a unique pawn. I wasn't able to find any way to tie in specific traits with those however :(

This is great work! :D
No worries some things can't be done ... now. Who knows what the future brings, eh? ;)

Andouce

Thanks for continuing to improve this Mipen. Also thanks for adding my backstories. Keep it up ! :)

mipen

Quote from: Andouce on May 17, 2015, 08:26:45 AM
Thanks for continuing to improve this Mipen. Also thanks for adding my backstories. Keep it up ! :)
No problem! They are really good :)

Imca

Can this mod only load one Def of each type at a time?

While all my backstories show up in prepare carefully, they keep getting droped upon the loading of a save.

Edit: Correction, I tried merging them and I am still losing my backstory every time I load the save, it just says that there not found and it is replacing them with a random.

Even though there working perfectly fine in prepare carefully, and on dropping into a new world.