[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: thardy01 on September 02, 2015, 02:58:03 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mlvd4xuz2fiub8/SCA11Core_modified.zip

This is a modified version of SCA11 that I made for myself to work with alpha 12.
There are some things that i couldn't make work as i'm NOT a modder or programmer the most obvious are healing scars, the terrafoming pump, the increase in wall strength from research, the various training dummy types and the shield generators. There maybe other things i've missed if so sorry. mention them and if i can ill fix.

I do NOT take any credit for this mod and apologize to the author if this annoys him in any way and ill take it down.
I love you for this. Been thinking about it myself, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Now I don't have to!

darkrage000

This is a modified version of SCA11 that I made for myself to work with alpha 12.

please dont post updates to other peoples mods.. this mod has NOT been abandoned and is the intellectual property of Abrexus.
It has already been stated that he is working on a remake of the Mod.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: darkrage000 on September 02, 2015, 04:33:19 PM

please dont post updates to other peoples mods.. this mod has NOT been abandoned and is the intellectual property of Abrexus.
From the first page; Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Attribution was given, the derivative work is given for free, and is provided without a license. That seems to fulfil the legal requirements (well perhaps there should actually be a license, but that seems a bit over the top). As for common decency, I'ld say thardy01 has done nothing wrong - he clearly states it's a temporary fix to allow people to use some parts of the original mod and that he'll take it down if/when abrexus requests.

I'ld rather this kind of stuff was posted in this thread, as opposed to being updated only in a bloated modpack, or 'released' as a new mod. As for your attitude, unless you've spoken to Abrexus and you're just conveying his opinion, I'ld say you're being overly hostile. If this is actually Abrexus' opinion, he needs to change license.

For me, this allows me a small fix while I wait for Abrexus' upcoming work, which will undoubtedly be great.

TLDR; calm down, there's no reason to get so upset.

Ithildae

What on earth are you going on about? This is well within the boundaries of the licence provided by the author. The reason thardy is being careful in his post is because he respects the work of Abrexus. Your heart is at the right place though.

darkrage000

Quote from: l2032 on September 02, 2015, 04:52:27 PM
As for your attitude, unless you've spoken to Abrexus and you're just conveying his opinion, I'ld say you're being overly hostile. If this is actually Abrexus' opinion, he needs to change license.

TLDR; calm down, there's no reason to get so upset.

Show me where i got hostile or had an attitude please.

darkrage000

Quote from: Ithildae on September 02, 2015, 05:01:17 PM

What on earth are you going on about? This is well within the boundaries of the licence provided by the author. The reason thardy is being careful in his post is because he respects the work of Abrexus. Your heart is at the right place though.

ahh, apologies, i didnt see the license he had released it on.  im used to seeing people jump on the forums the day after an update comes out crying that someone needs to take it over.

qurdind

There are some things that i couldn't make work as i'm NOT a modder or programmer the most obvious are healing scars, the terrafoming pump, the increase in wall strength from research, the various training dummy types and the shield generators. There maybe other things i've missed if so sorry. mention them and if i can ill fix.

I do NOT take any credit for this mod and apologize to the author if this annoys him in any way and ill take it down.

So, the steam generator requires a hopper with logs instead of kindling for some reason. The hoppers don't accept logs.

thardy01

Quote from: qurdind on September 02, 2015, 08:14:38 PM

So, the steam generator requires a hopper with logs instead of kindling for some reason. The hoppers don't accept logs.

Thats because its a custom building he made that I think is tied to his dll which i have no clue as to how to modify. So id be surprised if the steam generator does anything because i just changed the thingClass on it so the game would load. I didn't mention it in my earlier post because I forgot. I'll see if I can find a better work around but I doubt it. Hopefully  Abrexus will finish his new mod soon.

milon

^ I think a quick XML edit would allow the hopper to accept logs just fine.

spawny

So will there be a version compatible with Alpha 12D ? I love this mod... this and EdB. These 2 should be implemented in the vanilla...

DaemonDeathAngel

It seems like no one chooses to read previous pages...

pigman999999999

well there are 77 and counting and about 50 or so are from  anther alpha

Goo Poni

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on September 06, 2015, 03:37:28 PM
It seems like no one chooses to read previous pages...

Nope, no-one does and Abrexus hasn't made a post in the page or page before of the average person's "Where's A12 update?" so people just take it to be ded.

DaemonDeathAngel

I have made more than four posts on his behalf, as I have spoken to him multiple times concerning SC and his new mod. If you look at the previous page you will see the posts.

TLHeart

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on September 09, 2015, 06:56:12 PM
I have made more than four posts on his behalf, as I have spoken to him multiple times concerning SC and his new mod. If you look at the previous page you will see the posts.

But, not to be rude, that is just hearsay.  As far as I can tell Superior crafting is abandoned and dead. There are no statements from the author regarding any new mod, or updating this mod I can find.

Which for me, sucks, as I enjoyed this mod.