[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

I believe Abrexus did make a post on the matter but it is quite a few pages back now.

isistoy

Only a few people knows that there is a new ongoing project...

Now, people also have lifes and matters to tend to.
if you consider people have these previous things, are able to plan on doing stuff, work with others contributors, foresaw a stability period with A13 not in the scope before 6 months and maybe that would help smooth your thoughts about a new mod.
Visibility again, is probably not that important right now...

As to a migrated A12 SC, nobody but Abrexus can say...
::)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

PookyJM

Can we have some sort of idea of how much time is needed to finish the new mod (a week, many weeks, months?) or simply know if it's at it's early stage or well in progress ?
Superior crafting was awesome. I hope I can see it reborn better than ever soon !

thenightgaunt

That's a tall order though. The only person who would know that would be Abrexus and there's a good possibility that even he doesn't know.

It depends on how far into it he is and how much experience he has with projects like these. Add to that the idea that the new version's supposed to be a different mod and not just an update on the old Superior Crafting (I think, tell me if I'm wrong there). So then it shifts over to the question of how long would it take to create a new mod.

DaemonDeathAngel

Last I spoke to him was release day of A12 and he said that the new mod soul begin being worked on, I haven't been able to Skype him lately due to internet and not having it. He did however give me permission to update and release any parts of SC that I wanted to take the Tim to fix. Perhaps I will work on that.

As I said though, Abrexus did tell me SC likely would not be updated and that the "new mod" soul take its place, as there soul be more ability to expand on specific aspects.

Muramas

You do know, you can just use ultimate overhaul mod which has SC in it for A12.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14229.0

DaemonDeathAngel

I just realized how terrible my phone makes my spelling... But yeah, you could do what Muramas said. Though I'm planning to update and release pieces at a time, as well.

Beathrus

I need this... But I can't get it from SK because of the large file size; and my tiny internet speed. x.x

DaemonDeathAngel

I'm slowly working on updating bits at a time, though I'm still adjusting to my new job, so time I scarce. Once I have a suitable amount updated I'll post them. It will, however, be in pieces, that way you can choose what you want to use.

Beathrus

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on September 14, 2015, 11:21:28 PM
I'm slowly working on updating bits at a time, though I'm still adjusting to my new job, so time I scarce. Once I have a suitable amount updated I'll post them. It will, however, be in pieces, that way you can choose what you want to use.

Thank you, for all the Hard work!

dismar

As I've been working on a large mod pack that may or may not ever get finished ... I have reworked a lot of Superior Crafting to work again in alpha 12. No this isn't SA as you know it. Its just all the stuff minus a few things that require an update .dll file. It's also a work in progress so there still maybe a few weird bugs here and there. It's NOT designed as the original is. The research is different for my mod pack but this is the base and you will find MOST of the Crafting stuff you love :)

All credit for the original design of art work and coding goes to Abrexus and I hope that his new project is as great as his last.
Superior Crafting Redesigned Base.

DaemonDeathAngel

You mind if I take a look at what exactly you had to change that way I have a general idea of what to watch for? I'm planning on releasing the update so as you can use all of the parts the same way superior crafting was, only it'll be sections.

Beathrus

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on September 16, 2015, 10:35:39 PM
You mind if I take a look at what exactly you had to change that way I have a general idea of what to watch for? I'm planning on releasing the update so as you can use all of the parts the same way superior crafting was, only it'll be sections.

:O You and Dismar should get together and work on Bangin' out the A12d update! -Much nodding- Would be faster if you both worked together!

dismar

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on September 16, 2015, 10:35:39 PM
oh i posted here for you to save a bunch of time no need to double you time changing basic. i broke apart some files cause i worked on pieces over the last few weeks but it can easily be reassemble :)

mckinnal