[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Abrexus

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Abrexus on March 29, 2015, 01:48:05 PM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on March 29, 2015, 01:21:08 PM
Save compatible???

It should be.  I didn't make any changes to existing items.
Okay cause i am pretty far in my world and didnt wanna risk it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Sykes0

I've just noticed that my designated crafter was not getting any experience from working on any sort of bench, like stonecutting, making sand/glass or making steel bars, was this intentional cause it's quite difficult for me to get a person to level 10 crafting so i can make bionic stuff.

Abrexus

Quote from: Sykes0 on March 29, 2015, 02:31:27 PM
I've just noticed that my designated crafter was not getting any experience from working on any sort of bench, like stonecutting, making sand/glass or making steel bars, was this intentional cause it's quite difficult for me to get a person to level 10 crafting so i can make bionic stuff.

by default, you don't get crafting experience (even in the vanilla build) from making non-items.  I'm on the fence on that myself.  I can change that if the general consensus is that they should give experience.

mrofa

Didnt test much stuff in a9 but from what i seen only research give actuall exp to resercher
All i do is clutter all around.

Fansibubbles

It says in the FAQ you can click on the Smelter to change the material it needs to be made of at start but I'm clicking and it ain't changing and right click doesn't give me any option either.

PineyCreek

This reminds me a lot of the TTM mod back in A7. The only thing missing is the custom events mod which added a bunch of new random events. Now if you add a bunch of new random events you will officially be my hero. I am loving this mod and look forward to what you plan to do with the cooking system.

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on March 29, 2015, 05:33:10 PM
About wall lights,
currently they just use basic resources.
Shouldn't you need 1 steelbar for conduit and 5 glass for the lamp too ?

TY Sir, fixed and will be updated shortly!

mathwizi2005

Holy crap, dude. I didn't expect a complete overhaul. Totally getting this running tomorrow. BUT!!!
Hows the interaction between this and Extended Surgery and Bionics since I notice you added a load of bionics of your own?  (More that what exactly should I expect they're interaction to be like)

AllenWL

Quote from: Abrexus on March 29, 2015, 03:53:58 PM
Quote from: Sykes0 on March 29, 2015, 02:31:27 PM
I think it should give experience, but only up until a certain point(If that's possible). Since stuff like making bricks can never go wrong(as in, have really sucky quality), being able to get a planet-class crafter on brick making would be unbalanced, not to mention weird. Why would cutting bricks make you that good at crafting?

But since they only way to let people learn to be better crafters currently is to make them craft a bunch of things, which ends up giving you a lot of shoddy/poor things, or find a guy with good crafting abilities from the start, it can get slightly annoying.

Being able to put our crafter-in-training to say, level 5 or something on simple things like stone bricks before making them make the more complicated stuff would be really nice.

by default, you don't get crafting experience (even in the vanilla build) from making non-items.  I'm on the fence on that myself.  I can change that if the general consensus is that they should give experience.

Abrexus

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on March 29, 2015, 11:44:43 PM
Holy crap, dude. I didn't expect a complete overhaul. Totally getting this running tomorrow. BUT!!!
Hows the interaction between this and Extended Surgery and Bionics since I notice you added a load of bionics of your own?  (More that what exactly should I expect they're interaction to be like)

Extended surgery will conflict, but you would just be duplicating what's already integrated in SC.  You can fix bones, remove scars, and fix bad backs, along with building prosthetics and bionics, and growing organs.  I encourage you to check it out and see.  I am a huge fan of Ykara's mod, and it was the inspiration for my take on expanding vanilla surgery.  Ykara was also nice enough to include the source code (as I do) so that was a huge help.  I figure why try and outdo what I think is one of the best surgery mods available.

cythedag

>>Abrexus
Bloody brilliant, man. Love the meat jerky addition.... Now all of a sudden I want to make Jerked Human Meat.... That sounded vaguely sexual. Yay! Unintentional hilarity! Another thing for me to force my hapless colonists to eat! Thanks for your genius! I hope you continue to refine and expand on this wonderful mod!

UMK

So it is an ultimate everything-mod (except guns and some mscellaneous stuff)?
Any advanced lamps by the way? Vanilla 150W lamps are killing me (1 geothermal plant = 24 lamps, wtf).

cheetah2003

Awesome mod.  Sadly it doesn't really co-exist with other mods very well due to it redoing a lot of things.  But I still love it.

Might look into the Glittertech and Industrialisation mods for more source material to grow this mod some more.

Also if you're feeling upto it, look into the zombie apocolypse mod too, it doesn't seem to work with this mod (i'm not getting any zombie spawns), and I do miss my zombies.

Seems zombies are working.  I load them after your mod now.  Hope nothing else breaks.  :D

One other thing I just noticed:  The game complains you have no meal source when all you have is a grill.  Might wanna check into that. 

Keep up the great work Abrexus!