[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josmow

yeah, you can force them to do the work repeatedly but that makes you focus on them. which wastes time you could spend elsewhere, like building a new housing bunker, but if it was possible to not require the micromanagement (or as much) of the crafting stuffs it would be nice. if you increase the complexity of the crafting system, adding more resources, etc, you should not have to baby every step of the process. shouldn't the highest complexity item be the first thing to attempt to craft, then the subsequent components that are required to craft it. something that would make it check if it has the resources, if it doesn't have them, then it would go to the lower complexity tables, attempting to craft the materials (if there are bills for them) that are missing.

while its not a big deal most of the time, i realized i had one of my tables just sitting there idle for an extremely long time due to pawns finding other things more important to craft, than to craft a sword, or a gun, or other thing that i kinda wanted asap.

@mrofa pawns tend to get angry with you when you limit them to an area without food sources =p
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

mrofa

Just  select the whole base or your whole  home area with that zone and unslect the interaction squares and benches you dont want him to use.

Better stuff = more complexity, if it would be other way around you would build power armors from stone chunks or snow :P
All i do is clutter all around.

josmow

Quote from: mrofa on July 13, 2015, 07:54:12 PM
*snip*
Better stuff = more complexity, if it would be other way around you would build power armors from stone chunks or snow :P
what i mean by more complex i mean crafted materials, power armor should be prioritized before a bill of its materials, if said materials are available. and if those are not available (steel, plasteel, etc) they should then be crafted if a bill is there to facilitate. then it should repeat and check to see if the power armor (or other complex build) can be completed with available resources.

i always have do until (x) and its always higher than the required amount that i'm trying to use up in another bill, however i always end up not having the resources and they always prioritize making sand, or another very basic process.

so more or less a hierarchy of tables...... wow that sounds stupid.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

Sempie

Seemingly there's a bug or something in this latest version, or I'm stupid oO

I can't build the furnance and thus can't get metal bars.
I restarted and reinstalled several times. I've grindet to research almost everything to III or higher, but no furnance,...
Version is 0.11.857.

Also, I'm not able to research construction.

josmow

@Sempie
make sure you have superior crafting loading last in the mod order, the last mod to load overwrites any changes from any other mods you have loaded before it. if you have a mod that changes something after superior crafting loads, it will break it.

hope this helps you

Sempie

Now I tried:
- complete clean rimworld 11b
- installed overhaul modpack as guide said, except SC mod
- copies SC mod into mod folder
-> same issue

After that, removed SC from mod-list ingame and undone that step afterwart.
Tried this with the steps as listed above, as well as simply after installing it as told by how-to-install.

=( So sad, with 11a I didn't had any problems, love this mod so much.

josmow

if i am not mistaken, overhaul has its own modified version of SC so that all the mods in the pack work together. if you are attempting to install .712 manually then you will most likely have conflicts since it doesn't have the changes overhaul adds.

pop

Hello I have a problem.
My colonist had ''bad back". After operation , where i amputated spine, i wanted to install Bionic spine, but i haven't this option in operation menu.

josmow

did you do the operation to examine (or whatever its called, don't currently have one to check) and make the "bad back" actually be on the spine, and not on their torso?

pop

Firstly, i press to "diagnose bad back".
Then i had option "amputate spine''.
And now i can't install Bionic spine (i haven't any options)

[attachment deleted due to age]

josmow

is it being carried by someone? or in a stockpile and unforbidden?

pop

josmow

what mods are you running? another mod might have a conflict and cause the medical operations to not work for SC

pop

this
(but i can use biomatter for different operations)

[attachment deleted due to age]

kaptain_kavern

What about EDBModOrder? Doesn't seem active on your screenshot