[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akiceabear

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 19, 2015, 11:31:15 PM
I have a lot of mods installed so i'm not sure if this is your mod but if it is could you make it so the torches had an auto rearm option like traps do instead of having to manually place them down after they go out? Less of a chore to do, more reason to use them.

Great idea! Hope to see it!

Romi

josmow

www.sendspace.com (the file hosting website Abrexus uses) seems to either be down, or having issues. just wait for them to come back up.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

josmow

the file host is back up, if anyone was waiting for it
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

Devon_v

I have to agree that the gattling turret seems to trump all others. The sniper turret might have its uses, but a sniper rifle is probably a better idea in general.  The slightly shorter range of the gattling turret is well worth the sheer amount of lead it spews, and the shotgun turret just doesn't seem to do enough damage to justify the even shorter range. Standard turrets are simply pointless after the specials have been researched.

Casazzo

I have another question:

Is it right and planned, that all enemys attack my base in melee mode? Even the big gattling gun wielding mechanoids?

I tried to figure out why and i think it's because of the 0.9 fillbox of the embrasures. I still wonder, why the enemys do not use their ranged weapons to damage embrasures and walls?

Othobrithol

Even at a lower fill percent (my embrasures are .75 iirc) the mechanoids just roll past being hammered. This did not occur prior to 11b. It might have been an unintentional AI bug introduced. I have no evidence other than they systematically slither over under fire towards an area that has less turret coverage.

As a side note the normally "good as dead" colonists with massive brain injuries were healed with a small smattering of biomatter, like a scar. I noticed in the def you had commented out some lines that would have defined an exclusive list of legal parts that would have prevented this. Related no doubt to "* Fix to allow scars to be healed on any body part". One can only dream of an age where politics could be solved on an outpatient basis.

Entropy147

The link doesn't work for me  :(

darkrage000

how do I make electronic chips? I dont have a powered Crafting table in my Production tab. (also not present in god mode)
I have all the other tables/items/weapons available.. just no crafting table

<activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>SCA11Core</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>RT Fusebox</li>
    <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
    <li>ED-DeepStrike</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-OmniGel</li>
    <li>ED-PersonalNanoShields</li>
    <li>ED-Plants24H</li>
    <li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>ED-Vent</li>
    <li>ED-WirelessPower</li>
    <li>AdditionalJoyObjectsV2.11</li>
    <li>GlitterTech</li>
    <li>MD2Base-13</li>
    <li>MD2Fortifications-5</li>
    <li>Industrialisation</li>
    <li>MAI</li>
    <li>MD2Industry-8</li>
    <li>MD2Manufacturing-12</li>
    <li>MD2Power-5</li>
    <li>MD2Storage-4</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_HiRes</li>
    <li>ProductionStuffed-ProductionStuffed1.1</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>BatteriesStuffed-BatteriesStuffed1.0</li>
    <li>Bulk_Meals</li>
    <li>DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.2</li>
    <li>RWAutoSell</li>
    <li>PowerCell-PowerCell1.0</li>
    <li>PrisonImprovements</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>ExtendedFabrics-ExtendedFabrics1.0</li>
    <li>ExtendedMedicine-ExtendedMedicine1.0</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>PersonalShieldMKII-PersonalShieldMKII1.0</li>
    <li>PowerArmourMKII-PowerArmourMKII1.0</li>
    <li>SolarsStuffed-SolarsStuffed1.0</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>SmallSolarsStuffed-SmallSolarsStuffed1.1</li>
    <li>AdvancedLamps</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
  </activeMods>

EDIT:
If i move SCcore to the bottom of the list, i get the crafting table. however, graphics get wonky,,, such as the MAI Recharge Station getting a white sandbag look

darkrage000

addendum:

if i change the mod order and move the SCA core to the bottom, put down the crafting table blueprint, then move it back to the top to preserve graphics, the table becomes a machining Table and gives errors in the description panel.

GetInspectString exception on TableMachining_Blueprint2195323: System.NullReferenceException: Object not set to an instance of an object at Rimworld.Blueprint_Build.GetInspectString () (0x00000) in <filename unknown>:0

erathia

We need to implement a new acronym just for this, i'd propose TMM (2 much mods)  8)

prototype2001

I posted this several weeks ago about turrents being the most OP things i've ever seen, almost makes me want to go back to vanilla. The flamethrower makes things trivial as well, if you can make raids funnel to a 1x1 block where you have 2-3 flamethrowers standing on the other side its not even a game at that point.

And the turret base the mod "Misc" adds allows you to mount the flamethrower as a turret which puts the ridiculousness of the gatling gun in SC to shame. Flamethrower, gatling, & turret base + flamethrower all trivialize the game, they should be on par with the vanilla 3 shot burst gun turrent, not god-mode in comparison in burst, accuracy, and range.

mrofa

Nice one was wondering if it will work with haplos mod :D
Anyways late game god mode is kinda the gray area, since strenght of raids incerase all the time, colonist should learn some effective ways to defend themself, but then again this ways of defending shouldnt be op but still semi effective, so it wont take the challange of the raids.
But this also depends on player play style, i mostly use them as a lure/mine so my snipers can do thier jobs, others can be all for static defense, then others can use just the overhelmong number of thier colonists or a mix of any of this ways, and prapobly other ways to. And this is when we get into that gray zone which make it very hard to think a workable solution for all.
All i do is clutter all around.

prototype2001

Gatling requires no strategy, just place 3-4 of them and everything gets slaughtered, flamethrowers require a funnel, everything in the front of the funnel gets aoe stunned while being on fire, everything in the back of the funnel kill themselves with friendly fire, and this isn't even considering the fact that you can place "chunks" of stone at the funnel to snail the enemy movement, or even better yet pre-fire the flame throwers into the funnel setting the grounds on fire. Its very trivial with next to no effort, no way i can take on 100+ raids with this little effort in vanilla.

Of course there are other god-mode checkpoints you reach such as fully bionic 3 man crew with assault rifles that takes on ANY amount of enemies with movement speed of 8m/s and accuracy of 99% at ~34 range. But turrents are early game. As far as the bionics comment, i sure hope you can achieve this in vanilla, because i'd feel dirty playing with SC as it makes game too easy.