[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Many thanks to the TwitchTV streamers listed below who are supporters of Superior Crafting.  Many great ideas for the mod have been conceived from the streamers and viewers there.  Please feel free to drop in, share your thoughts, and say hello!  Also, a special thanks to Das24680.  I first found out about Rimworld on his Youtube channel.  It's entirely his fault I got sucked into the game and this amazing mod community!

Special thanks to Kirid, jacob814, Skullywag, & Jaxxa for allowing me to incorporate their work into Superior Crafting!  Please note:  Any use of Superior Crafting Alpha 11 additions and features requires a request be sent to Abrexus.  This is due to the fact that some of the new code and textures are not mine, and were given to me for my use in this pack only.

Latest Version
Superior Crafting Alpha 11b CORE Mod Download v0712

*note*  this is for Rimworld alpha 11b and later ONLY.

Previous Versions
Superior Crafting Alpha 11 CORE Mod Download v0703

*note*  this may NOT be save game compatible with versions earlier than 0701 and is not compatible with alpha 11b or later.

So what is Superior Crafting?  Well, it's my vision on how a redesign of the research tree and production chain can enhance the feel of starting out alone and isolated on a new world.  With Superior Crafting, you start with minimal items you can build, and must research your way up to the more advanced items.  The production chain is also enhanced, so that crafting plays a larger role in your colonies growth.  This mod may not be for everyone.  You have to work hard to unlock the good stuff, nothing is given to you for free.  You'll also have to make hard choices as to what you want to research next.  This choice matters, and depending on the biome you start in, one technology may benefit you more than if you started somewhere else.

Please feel free to leave any comments, questions, or ideas, because without you the community this mod would not be what it is today!

Changes:
* Updated to alpha 11
* Training items are now used automatically when the pawn is idle, as well as manual use
* Added a flamethrower weapon
* Added a fire extinguisher
* Hydroponic tables can now automatically change all connected tables to grow the same plant type
* Updated all in game textures to remove unsightly ghosting
* Replaced wood plank texture with something more pleasing to the eye
* Balanced vents so temperature equalizes more evenly between connected rooms
* Decreased the cost of campfires to help balance starting in cold climates
* Decreased the cost of mulch used to fertilize soil
* Mulch now is made from kindling instead of whole logs
* Increased the amount of silver traders have available to buy your goods with
* You can no longer extract biomatter from a rotten corpse

Fixes:
* Hoppers now properly accept hauled items
* Growing zones now working properly for crops
* Meal source alert now properly recognizes the cookstove, grill, and food prep table
* Floors can now be removed
* Equipment rack is now able to store items properly
* Minor fix to allow for worktables to function better
* Raiders should no longer be armed with fire extinguishers
* Colonists should now be able to resume crafting melee weapons at the craftsman's table
* Fixed bug when adding the 5th colonist to the training menu
* Fixed the advanced prosthetic arm, power claw, & scyther blade so they now properly work as melee weapons
* Colonists will now stop training if asked to perform another job
* Fix to workgiver code for fire extinguishers
* Fix to allow scars to be healed on any body part
* Fixed error when fighting fire with pawn who has a melee weapon equipped
* Fixed duplicate slave/pirate trader
* Doors now have the forbidden command added back

- FAQ -
Question:  I want to build a furnace, but it wants to make it out of slate blocks and I don't have any and can't make any.
Answer:  If you click on the icon in the build menu, you can select what types of blocks you can build it from.  Sometimes the default selection isn't a type of block you may already have.

Question:  How do I use the training devices?
Answer:  All four training devices are mannable.  Just activate your pawn and right-click the item to direct them to man it.  They will stop using it when they are tired, hungry, or interrupted by you.

- Mods I play SC with -
EdB Interface UI Mod
EdB Prepare Carefully
Pawn State Icons (v03d)
Miscellaneous V1.11.2 - Vanilla Enhanced
I use the above mods in all my games, and they all work without any problems so far.

Zombie Apocalypse Fix
This is a fix for the Zombie Apocalypse mod.  Overwrite the Races_Zombie.xml file located in the  "Defs/ThingsDefs" folder of the Zombie Apocalypse Mod folder, with the one included in this ZIP file.

Superior Crafting
by Abrexus & Mrofa
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Abrexus

Superior Crafting Highlights!

Complete Surgery, Prosthetics, and Bionics Crafting (Including scar removal & bone replacement)
Four Training Items (Holosuite, Punching Bag, Medical Dummy, and Shooting Range)
Upgradable Food Replicator (So your colonists don't have to live on Nutrient Paste)
Bunker Shield (Can be attached to your embrasures or used stand alone)
New Turrets (Manned and Unmanned - Gatling, Shotgun, and Sniper)
Craftable Medicine that can be made in the Chemlab
Lighted & Dragable Hydroponics Table
Stone Embrasures
Dragable Tables
Lighted Walls
Blast Doors

Sykes0

this mod looks really cool, saw Rawdee123 stream it and Abraxus was really cool explaining it on the stream, can't wait to try it :D

apljee

I'll have to try this mod. It seems there's been a lot of research overhaul mods (including mine) recently!

Ramsis

I had to bug the CRAP out of Abrexus just to get him to come back. I had to send emails, physically call his cell phone, threaten him with violence, and even mass bother him via Skype. Trust me when I say it was worth the effort and I'm glad I got him to come back.

That being said, I can't wait to see just how great this mod gets and so help me god if Abrexus tries to abandon us again....
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

mrofa

Quote from: Ramsis on March 26, 2015, 05:47:00 PM
I had to bug the CRAP out of Abrexus just to get him to come back. I had to send emails, physically call his cell phone, threaten him with violence, and even mass bother him via Skype. Trust me when I say it was worth the effort and I'm glad I got him to come back.

That being said, I can't wait to see just how great this mod gets and so help me god if Abrexus tries to abandon us again....

Oh  god so good that i dont have fan boys in clutter :D

Anyways guys grate work :D
Btw i love the tabels looks so well good, maybe i should take you to make my textures :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Patrykbono20

Thanks Man :)
Full compatility for TS Mod and Apparello ?

Abrexus

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on March 26, 2015, 06:34:50 PM
Thanks Man :)
Full compatility for TS Mod and Apparello ?

I haven't tested it with those yet, although Apparello should work fairly well as I didn't change the default cloth def names.  It does work well with the EdB Mods and the Zombie Apocalypse mod.

Just an FYI there is a typo in the smelting recipe, but it just a test description typo, the recipe does produce the correct materials.

apljee

May I ask what you made that tech tree in (not the background, just the techtree diagram), I've been struggling with finding a reliable choice for my mod.

Abrexus

Quote from: apljee on March 26, 2015, 07:06:30 PM
May I ask what you made that tech tree in (not the background, just the techtree diagram), I've been struggling with finding a reliable choice for my mod.
I used "drive.draw.io" from my google chrome browser.  I was a bit surprised at how easy it was to use, and it exports it as a PNG with a transparent background, which makes it easy to transpose onto something else.

cythedag

Is this compatible with extended surgery and bionics?

Abrexus

Quote from: cythedag on March 26, 2015, 07:24:09 PM
Is this compatible with extended surgery and bionics?

As I am a big fan of that mod myself, I have included most of those features in this mod as well, so you wouldn't need to run both.

krazy_tony_13

f0xh0und696

welp, looks like my colony will cease to exist once i install this beauty again, also at least my mods list will be sorter too.
thanks for the revival, of this gemstone ;)

millenium

im having an issue with the backyard furnace. i build it and it dissapears

debug log says could not resolve cross reference: no verse.thingdef named metal found to give to verse.thingcount 35x null

at least thats what popped up when i built it i have alot of mods so maybe something is conflicting ill check and report back.

strike that i cant even start a new colony with just this mod.