[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante King

FYI: I can't build regular walls made of stone or metals, besides the lighted walls, which lag me to death, and I'm not building a high-tech base out of wood, which is flammable, VERY flammable

cythedag

>>millenium
backyard furnace? isnt that industrialization mod? Im pretty sure it isnt compatible with this mod.
>>Abrexus
Also, this mod adds a great amount of difficulty to this game.... and I absolutely love it! there are a few things like the occasional typo, on the looms crafting menu you have make cloth twice but one of them is for deavilstrand or something like that but its just named make cloth like the regular one. Anyways, I had a few reservations before trying this mod (not a huge fan of loads of crafting tables) but so far it is really quite great. 90% of it feels vanilla. I like it.

cythedag

>>Abrexus
Im pretty far into a game just using your mod (and edb stuff except scenarios). I have the chemlab and the bionics table. I queued up to make some medicine, I have all the ingredients but my colonists arent making any. I noticed in the workgiver defs that the chemlab isnt listed would that be the reason i cant make medicine? Also, i have corpses in stock in my fridge, but the bionics table doesnt have an option to process corpses into biomatter, only bills for body parts. Oddly though, its called a bionics work table and not an organ vat but the bionics table claims to be an organ vat. im a little confused. Could i get some feedback?

EDIT: Also, my dudes arent making mulch....

Koupally

I thought his MOD would be fun, but.  It's just a pain.  It wasted my time about four times before I realized you can't really do anything unless you start out on a place with a beach, that has boom rats and has slate stone. (Who knows what else I could add on here, I'm not sure because I deleted it after building up and establishing a compound only to find out that I'm boned because I had no access to sand in the area I had chosen.)  This pretty much limits where you can even start out at.  You can't even get to the point of being able to trade without glass, which requires sand.  And you're pretty much screwed if you didn't start in an area with slate chunks.  Good concept, poorly executed, in my opinion.

Forgive me if I'm misinformed, or if I missed something right under my nose that solves all these problems.  But I couldn't find it and I'd rather not have a mod that limits where I can choose to start out, let alone one that doesn't even warn me about it's limitations before I waste a huge chunk of time trying to enjoy it.

cythedag

>>Koupally
I understand were you're coming from, but he did just release this mod after all. Really the part that bugs me the most is that this hasn't been thoroughly tested by the author before release. The organ vat is very broken. WorkGiverDefs is incomplete leading to a few tables not even working at all. This game has a debug menu, you can unlock everything in game to test out mods like this. I just don't understand how a developer could drop the ball like that. At first I liked it, but now I'm just disappointed after wasting 3 hours playing it.

Abrexus

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes!  I've updated to fix the workgiver files for the chemlab, bionics table, and organ vat.  Also some non-breaking  recipe text is fixed.  As for the furnace, it is built out of stone, and if by default it is set to a stone you don't have, click the icon in the build menu and select stone that you do.  It will give you the option then to make it out of stone that you do have.  The same goes for the hide bed.

f0xh0und696

all my colonists keep, breaking (wandering/broken), is this down to the code or part of the rimsanal storyteller and/or corresponding packs.
get like 4 colonists a day breaking, not to mention a besiege every 2 days

cythedag

>>Abrexus
Bugs I've Noticed/Suggestions
*raw devilstrand's item description is the name
*Suggest wood log floor for starting out (maybe balance it out so it's not as beautiful as plank floor or has a walking speed debuff)
*Organ vat, and bionic crafting table have the same name
*Worktables need <itemSurface>False</itemSurface> variable to keep colonists from eating on them
*Suggest having a plasteel bar icon different than plasteel ore to avoid confusion
EDIT: You actually do have a plasteel icon in the textures folder, you need to change the variable in Items_Resources.xml from <graphicPath>Things/Item/Resource/Plasteel</graphicPath> to <graphicPath>Things/Item/Resource/PlasteelBar</graphicPath>
*"Organ Vat" (named Bionic Crafting Table) is still broken, no way to make Biomatter from corpses to make organs

You have fixed the medicine and mulch crafting. Thank you.

cythedag

Stuff I noticed while rummaging thru your code.

*Snippet from Buildings_Production.xml

Line 679
<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
<defName>TableOrganvat</defName>
<EType>BuildingComplex</EType>
<label>bionic crafting table</label> *Wrong label

*Snippet from Recipes_Production.xml

Line   636   
<RecipeDef>
<defName>ExtractBiomatterCorpse</defName>
<label>extract biomatter from corpse</label>
<description>Extracts biomatter from a corpse.</description>
Line 659       
<products>
<ArtilleryShell>10</ArtilleryShell> *Wat? Should be Biomatter.
</products>

EDIT: I also noticed you need this code for the ExtractBiomatterCorpse RecipeDef to work:
<recipeUsers>
<li>TableOrganvat</li>
</recipeUsers>

Abrexus

@cythedag  Thank you for all the help!  Corrections made and new version is uploaded.  I also fixed a bug with Construction II not properly unlocking conduit walls and powered doors.  They should now unlock properly, and be able to use all materials.

cythedag

Bugs

FertilizerPump's shadow is messed up. It's shadow looks like a wall.

Organvat - still cannot process biomatter
I tried adding variable <recipeUsers>TableOrganvat</recipeUsers> to the biomatter reciepe but its throwing an exception in the assembly. dll modding isn't my forte, but maybe it's related to that? Maybe im stupid and it's not related at all. Would like to process biomatter eventually so i can make organs.

EDIT: Also, outdoor fences act as roof support. I can use the no roof zone tool to fix it but is there a way to make it not a roof support by default?

Matthiasagreen

I may cry from happiness. I have waited a long time for this to come back!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

millenium

Quote from: cythedag on March 26, 2015, 10:29:39 PM
>>millenium
backyard furnace? isnt that industrialization mod? Im pretty sure it isnt compatible with this mod.

mass updating and not paying attention sorry

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

cythedag

Code Corrections

I figured out how to fix the organ vat not working properly here are the changes i made:

Buildings_Production.xml:
Line 711
<recipes>
<li>ExtractBiomatterCorpse</li>
</recipes>

Recipes_Production.xml:
Line 644
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<categories>
<li>CorpsesHumanoid</li>
</categories>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<categories>
<li>CorpsesHumanoid</li>
</categories>
<specialFiltersToDisallow>
<li>AllowRotten</li>
<li>AllowBuried</li>
</specialFiltersToDisallow>
</fixedIngredientFilter>

Also I changed in Workgiversdef <defName>DoBillsTableOrganvat</defName> to <defName>DoBillsBiomatter</defName>

I just tested the changes in game and it now functions properly. You can make corpses into biomatter. I suggest upping the biomatter from corpses to 35, that way you can still get one usable organ from a corpse. just a suggestion.