[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Trying the mod, just in the beginning, so I might have missed a few things, but..

I loaded it after landing my colonists to use the prepare carefully mod, and now all the rich soil and stone tiles turned into sand??
Weapons seem weird. Just weird. I have a steel ore spear that does 15 damage(about) A dead raider dropped a normal steel club. It deals 1 damage.

Also, I think it uses a bit too much things.
Just to give my colonist a hide bed(with patchy hide blankets, and rather a poor quality to boot), I needed to make a saw with logs and steel ore. Then make a furnace with planks and bricks(tore down a old stone wall I found for the bricks), then smelt the steel ore to steel blocks, then use the blocks to make a food preparation table, then butcher animal for hide, then make a bed. Just so my colonists didn't have to sleep on the floor.

I mean, I love having to work for stuff, but it just feels like so much... clutter.

Also, I note jerky does not keep for longer than raw meat. Was somewhat disappointed.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Yeah me too with the whole jerky thing it should last a long time.........ANY WAY!!! I love it its so much fun i am having a blast with it i hesitated because my other colony was still kicking then a raid came and screwed me but i love it KEEP IT GOING!!!! PLEASE!!!
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

UMK

There is a floor vent from clutter and ducts from heat redistribution. Hope you can figure out the rest  :D.

Eredas1

Fansibubbles

Quote from: Fansibubbles on March 29, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
It says in the FAQ you can click on the Smelter to change the material it needs to be made of at start but I'm clicking and it ain't changing and right click doesn't give me any option either.

For anyone wondering how I fixed this, you need to have some of the resource on the map before you can change. So if your default bed or smelter requires things you don't have, skin an animal or make some blocks of a resource you do have and then you can change it, but not before.

Dewion

Hi everyone.

About that jerky.
I made it behave like "survival meal" by changing
ThingDef ParentName="MealRottable"> to <ThingDef ParentName="MealBase"> in Items_Meals.xml

Btw, could the one who made this mod give a list what this mod DOES NOT change, so i know what other mods i can still use? :)

Delekhan

I love, love, love this mod! It makes the game doubleplusgood.

I'm having an issue, though: Regardless of what type of automated turret gun I build, they all behave as standard sentry guns. In other words, an automated sniper turret behaves as a standard sentry gun with its four shots, same for the automated gatling turret. This problem does not occur with the manned turrets, which work properly.

Abrexus

Quote from: AllenWL on March 30, 2015, 09:09:08 AM
Trying the mod, just in the beginning, so I might have missed a few things, but..

I loaded it after landing my colonists to use the prepare carefully mod, and now all the rich soil and stone tiles turned into sand??
Weapons seem weird. Just weird. I have a steel ore spear that does 15 damage(about) A dead raider dropped a normal steel club. It deals 1 damage.

Also, I think it uses a bit too much things.
Just to give my colonist a hide bed(with patchy hide blankets, and rather a poor quality to boot), I needed to make a saw with logs and steel ore. Then make a furnace with planks and bricks(tore down a old stone wall I found for the bricks), then smelt the steel ore to steel blocks, then use the blocks to make a food preparation table, then butcher animal for hide, then make a bed. Just so my colonists didn't have to sleep on the floor.

I mean, I love having to work for stuff, but it just feels like so much... clutter.

Also, I note jerky does not keep for longer than raw meat. Was somewhat disappointed.

Actually I agree with you on the hide bed thing.  It takes way too long to make the prep table, so in the next update I hope to post very shortly I am going to change that so you just need wood logs and a little ore.

I'll also see about changing the "shelf life" of jerky.

Abrexus

Quote from: Delekhan on March 30, 2015, 03:20:44 PM
I love, love, love this mod! It makes the game doubleplusgood.

I'm having an issue, though: Regardless of what type of automated turret gun I build, they all behave as standard sentry guns. In other words, an automated sniper turret behaves as a standard sentry gun with its four shots, same for the automated gatling turret. This problem does not occur with the manned turrets, which work properly.

Updated and they should now work properly, along with a few other fixes.

skywyze

See, that's why this is the only thread I am subscribed to: Abraxus is so responsive and really seems to listen to what people say about the mod. I am really excited to see what else is up his/her sleeve. Keep up the fantastic work! I'm sure I'm alone when I say I really appreciate it.

Abrexus

Quote from: skywyze on March 30, 2015, 04:00:33 PM
See, that's why this is the only thread I am subscribed to: Abraxus is so responsive and really seems to listen to what people say about the mod. I am really excited to see what else is up his/her sleeve. Keep up the fantastic work! I'm sure I'm alone when I say I really appreciate it.

I really appreciate the kind words!  I also just updated the Jerky to have a 30 day shelf life.  It wont break a save, but it may not affect existing jerky you have already made.

skywyze

Heh, oops. I meant to say "I'm sure I'm NOT alone..." >.<

Thanks again Abraxus! Keep it coming!

Abrexus

Quote from: skywyze on March 30, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Heh, oops. I meant to say "I'm sure I'm NOT alone..." >.<

Thanks again Abraxus! Keep it coming!

:P  I knew what ya meant!

Anyway here's some thoughts for the future of Superior Crafting....

I'm thinking of breaking the mod down as follows:

The Core "Superior Crafting:  The Return" Mod (Required for all expansions)
Expansions will be separate, but will require the core mod (Will not be expansion dependent)
Expansions will be things like the "Keepin' Cool" edition (Which adds more temperature control items)

Expansions ideas I have planned...

Keepin' Cool (Already implemented, but not separate)
Let's Get Cookin' (Expansion of the cooking system, inspiration taken from Hermit's Farm Mod

This would help me expand on SC without having to rework one huge mod each time a new alpha is released, and also allow me to integrate popular mods so people can choose what content they wish to expand on.  What do you all think?

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2015, 03:12:42 AM
Did you do anything to the Traders ?
I notice the bulk trader never sold Uranium anymore, and no other trader sold that either.

I'm going to do a full rework of the traders.  Thank you for pointing this out, I'll double check to see what the deal is with uranium, and get a fix out if needed ASAP.