[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Just an update...

Traders now updated.  New traders added and existing ones balanced.  Exotic trader now offers Uranium.

mathwizi2005

Would it be possible to add Bionic Organs as well as a sort of chest replacement?
Another idea would be to give tiered upgrades to pre-existing objects when research stages finish.

pctr2142

So I recently started trying a new world with this mod and so far it is great. I am however having an issue with the jerky, although I'm not sure its not simply an compatibility issue with biodiversity. On jerky I am having two spoil dates, one of 4 days and one of the 30 listed for this mod. After the 4 days expire the item simply disappears. Other than that it seems to be working fine with biodiversity though.

Abrexus

Quote from: pctr2142 on March 30, 2015, 10:50:33 PM
So I recently started trying a new world with this mod and so far it is great. I am however having an issue with the jerky, although I'm not sure its not simply an compatibility issue with biodiversity. On jerky I am having two spoil dates, one of 4 days and one of the 30 listed for this mod. After the 4 days expire the item simply disappears. Other than that it seems to be working fine with biodiversity though.

Ok, I believe I have the expiration date issue fixed.  It was picking up the 4 day expire ParentName="MealRottable" - made the correction, tested, and now it should be working normally.  Note any jerky you already have may not pick up the change.

Shadu_Murasaki

I couldn't find a download link for this awesome mod pack. Could anyone assist me with this?

AllenWL

Quote from: Abrexus on March 30, 2015, 04:04:45 PM
I really appreciate the kind words!  I also just updated the Jerky to have a 30 day shelf life.  It wont break a save, but it may not affect existing jerky you have already made.
Oh, that's fast.
Always good to see people responsive about their work :D

On another note, I researched security one, and was surprised to see that it also unlocked the improvised steel turret-and that it needed 60 steel bars and 80 steel ore(or was it the other way around?) to make. Interesting.
So I was wondering, would it be possible to make all buildings and such need steel bars rather than ore, and have the starting resources be bars instead of ore?

Telarin

This mod seems to make Rimworld what it feels like it should be. A struggle to build, and tradeoff decisions for research. I love it.

One thing I noticed however, is that for the "No meal source" tip the game gives, it does not recognize the grill as a meal source.

One small suggestion that I would love to see added (not sure if it is even possible within the RimWorld modding framework). One of the construction levels should allow the ability to build a foundation or platform that would replace water or mud with concrete so that it can be built upon.

Abrexus

Quote from: AllenWL on March 31, 2015, 07:40:43 AM
On another note, I researched security one, and was surprised to see that it also unlocked the improvised steel turret-and that it needed 60 steel bars and 80 steel ore(or was it the other way around?) to make. Interesting.
So I was wondering, would it be possible to make all buildings and such need steel bars rather than ore, and have the starting resources be bars instead of ore?

That almost appears as if you may be having a mod conflict of some sort.  The only turret that is unlocking with security I is the manned turret which is set to cost 250 steel bars.  I double checked starting a new game and I only see that one unlocking.

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on March 31, 2015, 09:07:50 AM
This mod seems to make Rimworld what it feels like it should be. A struggle to build, and tradeoff decisions for research. I love it.

One thing I noticed however, is that for the "No meal source" tip the game gives, it does not recognize the grill as a meal source.

One small suggestion that I would love to see added (not sure if it is even possible within the RimWorld modding framework). One of the construction levels should allow the ability to build a foundation or platform that would replace water or mud with concrete so that it can be built upon.

The no meal source error appears to be tied to the hardcoded tutorial not recognizing the grill - I'll see what I can do to fix this, but I can't promise anything.  As for the other suggestion, you can use the Terraforming pump to achieve just what you want.  It unlocks with Agriculture IV.

Larmantine

This is by far the best mod out there, thanks.

I've just updated to the latest version, and there something odd. I can't seem to be able to issue repair orders, but I'm starting to think that the fault lies somewhere on my end.

EDIT: Yup, I'm an idiot. I forgot that they do repairs in home zones only. Sorry.

skullywag

Meal source alert, spot the problem:

using System;
using System.Linq;
using Verse;
namespace RimWorld
{
public class Alert_NeedMealSource : Alert_Medium
{
public override AlertReport Report
{
get
{
if (GenDate.DaysPassed < 2)
{
return false;
}
if (Find.ListerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist.Any((Building b) => b.def == ThingDefOf.NutrientPasteDispenser || b.def == ThingDefOf.CookStove))
{
return false;
}
return true;
}
}
public Alert_NeedMealSource()
{
this.baseLabel = "NeedMealSource".Translate();
this.baseExplanation = "NeedMealSourceDesc".Translate();
}
}
}

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Abrexus

Quote from: skullywag on March 31, 2015, 10:52:26 AM
Meal source alert, spot the problem:

You are a gentleman and a scholar!  I will get on that fix as soon as I am done work for the day :)

thenightgaunt

This is a fantastic mod. I love the tech tree and the slow going rough start that it forces on the player. It give me a reason to grow multiple crops and forces me to rely on farming and hunting to survive (I generally jump right into hydroponics).

I restarted my game just to give it a shot and it's forced me to completely rethink my mod loadout. Combined with the Crash Landing mod it creates a rather brutal start to a colony but that's not really a bad thing.

Sykes0

Quote from: thenightgaunt on March 31, 2015, 05:08:52 PM
This is a fantastic mod. I love the tech tree and the slow going rough start that it forces on the player. It give me a reason to grow multiple crops and forces me to rely on farming and hunting to survive (I generally jump right into hydroponics).

I restarted my game just to give it a shot and it's forced me to completely rethink my mod loadout. Combined with the Crash Landing mod it creates a rather brutal start to a colony but that's not really a bad thing.

That sounds awesome! Crash landing on a planet full of zombies waiting for the zombie apocalypse with this mod on, bloody brutal! :D

Abrexus

Updated to version 2f - did a pass on construction costs for all items, and fixed items so they now require the proper materials to build.