[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savagedingo

Does anyone see value in having an option for crafted bills to have a "keep x amount in stock"?   I feel that is kind of in between making an infinite amount of something and only telling it to craft x amount of times. 

Seeker89

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 02, 2015, 07:50:47 PM
Does anyone see value in having an option for crafted bills to have a "keep x amount in stock"?   I feel that is kind of in between making an infinite amount of something and only telling it to craft x amount of times. 

I sometimes do. As we need both wood planks and logs, it's nice to just have 1000 of just planks. Same goes with medication... you just need like 100 of those.

Savagedingo

I've noticed that my jogger, instead of being faster than everyone else, is slower than everyone else.  Anyone else had this problem?

cheetah2003

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 02, 2015, 08:59:29 PM
I've noticed that my jogger, instead of being faster than everyone else, is slower than everyone else.  Anyone else had this problem?
It's possible your jogger has other injuries that are affecting its movement.  Did you check that?

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 02, 2015, 01:02:07 PM
Minor bug: When placing an automated sniper turret, the range circle shown around it is not correct. It shows only the range of the normal turret, not the 45 range of the sniper turret.

Another bug: At the Chemlab, when you have a "Create until you have x" Bill setup for artificial bones, it is counting the number of stacks of bones, rather than the actual number of bones in each stack for the total.

Good catches....I have them both fixed along with a few other minor glitches, and should have an update shortly.

Abrexus

Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 02, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
For those interested, I have integrated some other mods into Superior Crafting.

I really appreciate your taking the time to do this.  What my plan is for Alpha 10, is to have the "Core" SC mod, then have expansion packs that integrate properly other popular mods people request.  Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 02, 2015, 09:17:44 AM
Any chance of getting helmets added in to the list of items we can craft? Seems like they would be easier to craft than armor and weapons, so it makes sense to me.
I will be adding helmets tomorrow.  The last two days I've been focusing on bug fixes and playing the mod.  I find things much easier by actually playing it (which is something I don't often get to do!)

Baarogue

Quote from: Seeker89 on April 02, 2015, 08:47:44 PM
Quote from: Savagedingo on April 02, 2015, 07:50:47 PM

I sometimes do. As we need both wood planks and logs, it's nice to just have 1000 of just planks. Same goes with medication... you just need like 100 of those.

Isn't that how "make until you have X" already works? At least, that's how it works for me. I always set up a "make simple meals until you have X" bill on my stove and my cooks always get to work replenishing the stock every mealtime without my further input.

AllenWL

I would like a 'make until between X and Y' or something like that.

It's really annoying to have my cook run along to the kitchen every time a guy goes to eat, and having him say, make 15 meals, then only go to make more if our meal stockpile goes below 5 would be a real help.

mathwizi2005

If you're gonna start on helmets, why not go the whole 9-yards and do up a complex crafting system to create armor and weapons, much like how the current Bionic system works?

Abrexus

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 03, 2015, 12:46:00 AM
If you're gonna start on helmets, why not go the whole 9-yards and do up a complex crafting system to create armor and weapons, much like how the current Bionic system works?

There already is armor/weapon crafting, I just didn't put in helmets prior to releasing.

Telarin

Thanks for all the great work and quick fixes Abrexus, this is definitely my favorite mod out there.

One small balancing issue, and of course, with all things balance related, this is just opinion. It seems to me that guns are crafted way too quickly. After all, building a gun by hand from scratch requires a lot of time to machine and fit parts, etc. I would suggest the crafting time for guns be more on the order of a large sculpture where it takes several days. After all, the only truly limited resource in a game like this is time. Every thing else can be replenished by spending enough time on it, so that should really be the resource most adjusted to maintain a good balance.

eberkain

Quote from: Abrexus on April 03, 2015, 08:54:00 AM
Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 03, 2015, 12:46:00 AM

There already is armor/weapon crafting, I just didn't put in helmets prior to releasing.

I was wondering this, I installed the mod and played last night for a while, researched all the tier 1 stuff and was building all kinds of things.  I am loving all the changes so far and was hoping there was something in the higher tier's for building real guns.  I wish there was a spreadsheet or something that would show all the items that could be crafted and where they come from and what resources they need, etc...

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 03, 2015, 09:22:54 AM
Thanks for all the great work and quick fixes Abrexus, this is definitely my favorite mod out there.

One small balancing issue, and of course, with all things balance related, this is just opinion. It seems to me that guns are crafted way too quickly. After all, building a gun by hand from scratch requires a lot of time to machine and fit parts, etc. I would suggest the crafting time for guns be more on the order of a large sculpture where it takes several days. After all, the only truly limited resource in a game like this is time. Every thing else can be replenished by spending enough time on it, so that should really be the resource most adjusted to maintain a good balance.

That's a good point, and I struggled with the time to work for crafted weapons.  This evening I plan to add the helmets, and I'll take a second look at adjusting the times.

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 03, 2015, 10:11:31 AM
Did you change anything at the crafting quality system ?
My crafter got crafting 20 and was crafting with that skill 15+ duster and the best one was just excellent.
Normaly i would get some masterpieces and legendary or i just was unlucky this time.

I did nothing to change the quality of crafted items.  In fact I didn't even touch the cloth recipes.