[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeni

Can you please put the stone cutting bench as its used by the droids in m2 industrialisation, you both use it to make ur sand, but somehow theyre different kinds of sand, ones for your glass and the other is for his silicon.

Dewion

Quote from: Abrexus on April 03, 2015, 09:38:35 AM
Quote from: Telarin on April 03, 2015, 09:22:54 AM
Thanks for all the great work and quick fixes Abrexus, this is definitely my favorite mod out there.

One small balancing issue, and of course, with all things balance related, this is just opinion. It seems to me that guns are crafted way too quickly. After all, building a gun by hand from scratch requires a lot of time to machine and fit parts, etc. I would suggest the crafting time for guns be more on the order of a large sculpture where it takes several days. After all, the only truly limited resource in a game like this is time. Every thing else can be replenished by spending enough time on it, so that should really be the resource most adjusted to maintain a good balance.

That's a good point, and I struggled with the time to work for crafted weapons.  This evening I plan to add the helmets, and I'll take a second look at adjusting the times.

Just note that, if realism is the goal, real month in Rimworld is only 12 days, so 6 days is 15 real days and so on. So one must think how long crafting would take in real life and then divide it to fit Rimworld time.  :)

Btw, i'm really having a blast with this mod. I like that tiered researching and other features, i'm also using prison improvements and few other mods. :P

Savagedingo

Wood floor #3, the 'Carved oak flooring for the stylish colonist', look weird to anyone else?  It's twice the beauty ranking of the initial wood floor, but it looks so odd.  Are there other wood floors that I'll be able to get later on so I don't have to worry about this one as much?

just_dont

Oh my god.
I just noticed SupCrafting is back. Now I can play me some RimWorld again (after trying SupCrafting I've got a sort of a mental block which prevents me from playing vanilla any more)!
Abrexus, you're my hero.

Goo Poni

It can't possibly be. A modpack similar to TTM. For Alpha 9. I might actually have to update to A9 and really get back into playing. OP, you're an awful person for doing this to me.

Delekhan

I really like how the latest update feels. You were right that the adjusted crafting times make everything flow in a much more satisfying way.

I especially like the Steam Generator. It's fun! One suggestion: Can we have a button to turn the generator on or off (Kind of like the coal power generator from Mechanical Defense 2). That way it can serve as a backup/reserve power source even into the late game.

Also is there any chance we could integrate EatKenny's Browning .50 Cal Turret into the mod? It's super, super satisfying, not over or underpowered, and it would be nice if we could make it out of steel bars instead of ore (it currently costs 550 steel ore, and has a similar range to the sentry turret, 50% more damage, better accuracy, larger size, and an awesome sound effect).

Finally, could we have reinforced/buried/hidden power conduits integrated into the mod? I think they're in the Enhanced Defence mod. They're twice as durable as regular power conduits and hidden. They could unlock at Power III or Power II, or maybe Construction III (which currently only unlocks blast doors).

Abrexus

Quote from: Delekhan on April 04, 2015, 11:30:06 AM
I really like how the latest update feels. You were right that the adjusted crafting times make everything flow in a much more satisfying way.

I especially like the Steam Generator. It's fun! One suggestion: Can we have a button to turn the generator on or off (Kind of like the coal power generator from Mechanical Defense 2). That way it can serve as a backup/reserve power source even into the late game.

Also is there any chance we could integrate EatKenny's Browning .50 Cal Turret into the mod? It's super, super satisfying, not over or underpowered, and it would be nice if we could make it out of steel bars instead of ore (it currently costs 550 steel ore, and has a similar range to the sentry turret, 50% more damage, better accuracy, larger size, and an awesome sound effect).

Finally, could we have reinforced/buried/hidden power conduits integrated into the mod? I think they're in the Enhanced Defence mod. They're twice as durable as regular power conduits and hidden. They could unlock at Power III or Power II, or maybe Construction III (which currently only unlocks blast doors).

I think that could be added!  And thanks to all the nice comments, I am glad to be back. Huge update later today....keep an eye out!  The update will not be save game breaking either :)

Savagedingo

Quote from: Canute on April 04, 2015, 05:13:56 AM
No just these 3.
And personaly i don't think the look for the carved oak isn't that bad.
At moment i use it for the private rooms, while the main room got a mosaik of this and #2.

Do you mind providing a screenshot of how your rooms look with the wood?  Thanks.

Savagedingo

Thanks for the screenshot.  I still think it looks odd, maybe I'm the odd man out.  By the way, where do you get those character icons in the top right corner?

Savagedingo

Is crop generation affected at all with this mod?  I feel like with strictly vanilla my freezer was almost always full with harvest but I find that I'm having a hard time keeping up with the demand with this mod.

Abrexus

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 04, 2015, 02:21:50 PM
Is crop generation affected at all with this mod?  I feel like with strictly vanilla my freezer was almost always full with harvest but I find that I'm having a hard time keeping up with the demand with this mod.

The crop stats were not changes at all with this mod.  The only thing added was that the cotton plant produces cotton instead of cloth directly (same with devilstrand) - growth rate and output has not changed.

Savagedingo

Quote from: Abrexus on April 04, 2015, 02:23:59 PM
The crop stats were not changes at all with this mod.  The only thing added was that the cotton plant produces cotton instead of cloth directly (same with devilstrand) - growth rate and output has not changed.

Thanks for the fast reply, I guess I'll pull up my other save and see what the difference is.

eberkain

Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 02, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
For those interested, I have integrated some other mods into Superior Crafting.

I'm just adding this to this mod's thread rather than starting a new one.  Abrexus is welcomed to do whatever with these files I guess?  Anyway, this brings in the mine, lathe, concrete mixer and nuke plant from Industrialization, along with the high-powered power plants from glittertech and the enhanced battery.  All of these use resources from Superior Crafting, with the exception of Titanium from glittertech.  I removed copper and aluminium from Industrialization, adding titanium and plasteel to the mining bills.  Also I added in the fuseboxes and quantum storage stuff from RT's mods.  again these will need resources from superior crafting (electronics.)  Research has been adjusted for these as well, they're there, just unlock most of the power and construction trees to open up research for the items.  High-grade steel is also present (from industrialization) along with associated smelters.  I have not resolved producing Magnetic Coils, Alpha Poly and Beta Poly.  So you will have to buy those from the Black Market trader (included in More Superior Crafting.)

All of this works fine with Zombies as well, been playing with this for a few days now, just thought I'd share my tweaks.

Recommended load order:  Prepare Carefully, Enhanced Interface, Superior Crafting, More Superior Crafting, Zombies.  Not using any other mods.

Mod found here:  https://www.pkunk.net/rimworld/MoreSuperiorCrafting.2015.04.02.7z

Edit: Almost forgot, I also put in the ceiling lights (and adjusted their cost), and a couple of the resource storage tables from Clutter.
One more edit:  The power switch mod is in this as well.

Anyone have a mirror for this, cannot seem to get it to downloaded from that site.

EDIT: NVM, it finally worked.

Savagedingo

What exactly does mulch do for us?  I understand fertilizing the soil, but what exactly does it mean for the game?  I had a bunch of crops planted and then I threw mulch under it all and I'm not sure it did anything.  Is the mulch only to be used on ground that you can't plant on initially?

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 04, 2015, 03:52:27 PM
What exactly does mulch do for us?  I understand fertilizing the soil, but what exactly does it mean for the game?  I had a bunch of crops planted and then I threw mulch under it all and I'm not sure it did anything.  Is the mulch only to be used on ground that you can't plant on initially?
Fertilisation means the ground becomes more fertile, which in turn means your crops take less time to grow.

Personally feel the difference isn't notable last time I played (older version), but I never really found hydroponics bays to be a lot better either.