[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savagedingo

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 04, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
Fertilisation means the ground becomes more fertile, which in turn means your crops take less time to grow.

Personally feel the difference isn't notable last time I played (older version), but I never really found hydroponics bays to be a lot better either.

Thanks.  I'll probably be shifting to hydroponics soon enough, just to get out of the heat, but was just wondering about the mulch. 

Abrexus

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 04, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
Fertilisation means the ground becomes more fertile, which in turn means your crops take less time to grow.

Personally feel the difference isn't notable last time I played (older version), but I never really found hydroponics bays to be a lot better either.

Mulch allows you to turn normal soil into fertile soil.  Again, I didn't change the default vanilla values of soil, fertile soil, or the hydroponics bay growth rates, but it may be worth taking a look at.

Delekhan

I think rich soil grows 15% more quickly. Not really that significant.

Hydroponics doesn't really offer any real advantage over regular farming either considering its huge cost to set up. And all it takes is a power outage or solar flare to kill everything you're growing. I see it as something to use if you absolutely don't have any regular soil to farm.

Ralinth

Wow this mod puts a whole new spin on things. Up till now my researcher was also my crafter, but that has to change now. Mod makes the start a little harder, and you need some more planning to work your way through it. All in all an excellent mod to add to the collection.

Smikis

When and how are you supposed to select different crafting materials, disabled all other mods, restarting game 20 times and I cannot change any of starting materials, sometimes they change them-self like bed leather, to random animal, but when I click on it, only selection is one it is on currently.

Only walls I can build is Wooden and I need slate for steel production table I though that was fixed as well, am I missing something here?

Savagedingo

Quote from: Smikis on April 04, 2015, 07:34:49 PM
When and how are you supposed to select different crafting materials, disabled all other mods, restarting game 20 times and I cannot change any of starting materials, sometimes they change them-self like bed leather, to random animal, but when I click on it, only selection is one it is on currently.

Only walls I can build is Wooden and I need slate for steel production table I though that was fixed as well, am I missing something here?

As you gather more materials, the other materials will open up and you'll be able to choose them like you usually can.  That threw me for a loop when I first started playing with this mod as well. 

Savagedingo

I'm pretty confused as it comes to vents right now.  I've upgraded completely when it comes to temperature control, and I'm pretty excited for the larger, industrial sized machines.  I'm just not sure when I'd use all the different types of vents/ducts.  The regular vent seems pretty good to me, I've got it strung between a few rooms and it keeps them all the same temperature.  So when would I need the active vent?  It says it can automatically close itself to control airflow.  In what type of situation would I want it to close though?

The duct opening, smart fan, and powered fan are confusing as well.  Anyone know of a link to maybe information for this or a youtube video that explains the differences?  If not, if someone could explain it I would be grateful.  If not, I guess I'll god mode it and try to see what they all do on a new colony.

chrisb2e9

Anyone else run out of plasteel pretty fast? I'm out, can't find more and i haven't seen any traders with it. Is there a way to cheat it in?

Other than that, I love the mod. One question though, for someone manning a turret, they don't seem to have a lot of defense from attackers. Can you place the turret behind something for cover? Or can a turret with built in cover be added in?

Savagedingo

Quote from: chrisb2e9 on April 04, 2015, 08:19:46 PM
Anyone else run out of plasteel pretty fast? I'm out, can't find more and i haven't seen any traders with it. Is there a way to cheat it in?

Other than that, I love the mod. One question though, for someone manning a turret, they don't seem to have a lot of defense from attackers. Can you place the turret behind something for cover? Or can a turret with built in cover be added in?

I've seen traders with it, but I definitely understand the chance that they don't have it, or the prices are ridiculous.  You can turn on developer mode in the options, and then activate God Mode up top.  At that point you'll be able to spawn anything that your colonists would be able to place.  I'm not sure if you could just drop 2000 plasteel on the ground though.

just_dont

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 04, 2015, 08:03:36 PM
I'm pretty confused as it comes to vents right now.
Read the original mod thread here, it explains how it works.

Abrexus

Update posted!

Superior Crafting is now split into the Core Mod, and expansions.  The core mod includes all the features of Superior crafting, and the expansions add in mod integration of popular mods, as requested.  The expansions are mostly the same as their original counterparts, but changed slightly to work within the Superior Crafting research tree, and resource changes.  They are optional, and not required to run the main Superior Crafting Mod.  If you already have a colony you started with a prior version of Superior Crafting, you will need the core mod and Xpac1 to continue with that colony.  You can optionally add Xpac 2 & 3 as well.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 05, 2015, 01:48:46 AM
Update posted!

Superior Crafting is now split into the Core Mod, and expansions.  The core mod includes all the features of Superior crafting, and the expansions add in mod integration of popular mods, as requested.  The expansions are mostly the same as their original counterparts, but changed slightly to work within the Superior Crafting research tree, and resource changes.  They are optional, and not required to run the main Superior Crafting Mod.  If you already have a colony you started with a prior version of Superior Crafting, you will need the core mod and Xpac1 to continue with that colony.  You can optionally add Xpac 2 & 3 as well.

Awesome! it would be great if you could add compatibility for your surgery mod to be compatible with the zombie apocalypse mod, here is an example of how Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering did it, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0 Download for fix: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yzj5xluq1rswu4n/Zombie_Apocalypse_Fix.zip

Abrexus

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 05, 2015, 02:14:05 AM
Awesome! it would be great if you could add compatibility for your surgery mod to be compatible with the zombie apocalypse mod, here is an example of how Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering did it, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0 Download for fix: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yzj5xluq1rswu4n/Zombie_Apocalypse_Fix.zip

I'm working on that as I type this oddly enough :)  Also, the long awaited Aparello Xpac!

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 05, 2015, 02:44:27 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 05, 2015, 02:14:05 AM

I'm working on that as I type this oddly enough :)  Also, the long awaited Aparello Xpac!

Awsome! :) then if you have time you can make a mod ive been wanting for along time, a circuit breaker mod where one circuit breaker can cover the overload of 2 batteries during an overload event leaving you with half you current stored power, that way i can bring back that event. There is a fuse mod but all it does is stop the damage from the explosion, still draining all your power and i would like an actual circuit breaker that can save you half your current stored power along with stopping the explosion. my idea is that one circuit breaker can cover the load of two fully charged batteries. Obviously this is wishful thinking and you have enough on your plate as it is but if you get the time it would be amazing :)

Smikis

My cotton plants are producing cloth instead of raw cotton(with latest expansion version, upgraded from previous all in one).
Hoppers need higher priority, my steam generator was fed only once at the start, now even with 2 hoppers noone is delivering wood *( yes its set to wood).

Some other suggestion for  main mod , include https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9277.0 , small mod that could work very well with early food production if integrated to simple means, mushrooms can be used as vegetables or as extra meal