[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuckrain

Ceiling lights :3 now i can finally finish my colony :D

Thanks alot for the update man!

Telarin

I upgraded to the new version and installed XPac 1 and Xpac 2 (I was not running the prison enhancements before) and am seeing a major performance decrease. I now get little half-second pauses every few seconds. I only have 5 colonists at this point, so it is not caused by too many colonists (and this game was running very smooth before I upgraded the mods this morning.

Savagedingo

What exactly does expansion 2 and 3 give?  I'm guessing they are other mods that have been incorporated into this one, but I couldn't find anything on the prison improvements.

Abrexus

Quote from: Smikis on April 05, 2015, 08:32:03 AM
My cotton plants are producing cloth instead of raw cotton(with latest expansion version, upgraded from previous all in one).
Hoppers need higher priority, my steam generator was fed only once at the start, now even with 2 hoppers noone is delivering wood *( yes its set to wood).

Some other suggestion for  main mod , include https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9277.0 , small mod that could work very well with early food production if integrated to simple means, mushrooms can be used as vegetables or as extra meal

Not sure what's happening with your cotton plants.  The code hasn't changed with the split, and my plants still produce raw cotton.  What other mods are you running?  I suspect you must have a mod loading that changes the Plants_Cultivated.xml file.

Also, I'll take a look at that other mod you suggest.  I love the glowy look!

Delekhan

They're both awesome. Prison improvements gives you new tools for managing prisons and prisoners, and best of all allows you to forcibly enslave prisoners to do your dirty work.

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 05, 2015, 11:41:17 AM
I upgraded to the new version and installed XPac 1 and Xpac 2 (I was not running the prison enhancements before) and am seeing a major performance decrease. I now get little half-second pauses every few seconds. I only have 5 colonists at this point, so it is not caused by too many colonists (and this game was running very smooth before I upgraded the mods this morning.

The core mod and Xpac1 are the same as the prior version before the change.  I suspect the problem must be with Xpac2.  See if you experience the same problem with that one disabled.

Abrexus

Quote from: Delekhan on April 05, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
They're both awesome. Prison improvements gives you new tools for managing prisons and prisoners, and best of all allows you to forcibly enslave prisoners to do your dirty work.

^^ what he said :)

Savagedingo

So I'm messing around with coolers and whatnot, and I've seen that if it's going to cool a room, it will outline in blue, heat will outline in red, but what exactly does yellow do?  I think it has something to do with the sharing of temperatures.  I'm trying to place a cooler deeper into the mountain without a legitimate way to get rid of the heat, I was just going to build a small recess behind the cooler to let the heat sit there.  But when I go to place the cooler there it outlines everything in yellow.  Does this mean that it won't work?  That I would need to get that heat to the outside somehow?

Savagedingo

I've been trying to figure out all the vents/duct work in developer mode and every time I go to place an Active Vent, I get the debuff thing popping up.  Is this okay?  Or will the active vent not work correctly?

Delekhan

Just wondering, do you know when the Aparello integration will be completed? I'm excited to see that included and don't want to start a new colony until it's out :)

Seeker89

Hey all
I decide to make a quick fix for this mod to the Zombie one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B485pubk5LKdbXJBTjdDdWJrNXc/view?usp=sharing

I'll try google's drive for the download, if you guys have a problem with it just tell me.
or.... dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjrpz4upbyllr3c/Zombie%20SC9%20fix.zip?dl=0
On another note, I haven't fully tested it so bug reports would be good.

This is based on Ykara's Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering fixes that's on the bottom of that OP's page.

Seeker

AllenWL

Read it as 'ExplosionMania' and was excited. Then was slightly dissapointed.
Then saw the 'more mechanoid integration' as was excited again.

Just a question, but do I need to have the more mechanoid mod and the integration, or just the integration?

Eh, nevermind, figured it out.

On another note, I got the prison improvements thing, and made a slave collar, but can't do anything with it other then make my own colonists wear it, and pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work. Help?

Abrexus

Quote from: Seeker89 on April 05, 2015, 08:47:42 PM
Hey all
I decide to make a quick fix for this mod to the Zombie one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B485pubk5LKdbXJBTjdDdWJrNXc/view?usp=sharing

I'll try google's drive for the download, if you guys have a problem with it just tell me.
or.... dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjrpz4upbyllr3c/Zombie%20SC9%20fix.zip?dl=0
On another note, I haven't fully tested it so bug reports would be good.

This is based on Ykara's Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering fixes that's on the bottom of that OP's page.

Seeker

Thanks very much!  Added and credited on main page!

AllenWL

I think the training things(Medical dummy, hologram[or whatever it was called]) need to be nerfed a bit. Or a lot.

I was able to train a level 20 medic and warden in a few in-game weeks. Sure they both had burning passion and spent all day on it, but considering my artist with burning passion or researcher with burning passion took a good two years of non-stop(other then eating or sleeping) work to reach level 20, it's pretty unbalanced.

Also, would like to be able to choose what stone to make. It really sucks when your colonists won't make those granite bricks to build your defenses because of the marble bricks you had them make for your artist, and juggling around the block-making is annoying.

Telarin

Would it be possible to add an option somewhere to the "Extract Biomatter" job on the Organ Vat to automatically strip corpses first?

Also, my performance issue after the upgrade seems to have resolved itself after a few days of play. Can't tell you exactly what did it, but it may have been related to removing and re-designating my prison area, but that is mostly just speculation. If it recurs, I will try to isolate a solution more systematically.