[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filippe999

is it possible to remove the vannila overhaul features? i like the normal research tree but i want the training equipment

Thaldis

Hello, I have a little problem. I am using this mod and one of my colonists lost her left ear. I didn't really care, made her a bionic one and tried having an operation but it is not there in the list. Before that I operated on another colonist healing her Torso Scar.

Smikis

Seems that all prosthetics and organs have placeholder requirements, all of them require "Ingredients"  say "Ingredients 30, Ingredients 20" instead of "Plasteel bars 30, Steel bars 20"

Smikis

Quote from: filippe999 on April 06, 2015, 09:32:31 AM
is it possible to remove the vannila overhaul features? i like the normal research tree but i want the training equipment

There are stand a lone mods for both shooting range and medic training, not sure if there is one for melee, or w/e extra is in this one

Abrexus

Quote from: Thaldis on April 06, 2015, 10:36:38 AM
Hello, I have a little problem. I am using this mod and one of my colonists lost her left ear. I didn't really care, made her a bionic one and tried having an operation but it is not there in the list. Before that I operated on another colonist healing her Torso Scar.

There must be another mod over-writing the Races_Humanoid file if the option isn't there.  I just tested it, and it works...also was watching Tuckrain stream it on twitch, and he has a fully Bionic person.

Abrexus

Quote from: Smikis on April 06, 2015, 12:33:44 PM
Seems that all prosthetics and organs have placeholder requirements, all of them require "Ingredients"  say "Ingredients 30, Ingredients 20" instead of "Plasteel bars 30, Steel bars 20"

They all look fine to me....are you looking at the Items_BodyParts.mxl file in the defs folder?

<ThingDef ParentName="BodyPartBase">
<defName>BionicEar</defName>
<label>bionic ear</label>
<description>Advanced piece of technology made not only to fully replace a natural ear, but also to give supernatural hearing.</description>
<graphicPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/MedBionic</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<statBases>
<MarketValue>1850</MarketValue>
<WorkToMake>3000</WorkToMake>
</statBases>
<costList>
<ArtificialBone>2</ArtificialBone>
<PlasteelBar>30</PlasteelBar>
<Electronics>10</Electronics>
</costList>
<recipeMaker>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<minLevel>10</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
<workSpeedStat>SmithingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
<effectWorking>Smith</effectWorking>
<soundWorking>Recipe_Smith</soundWorking>
<recipeUsers>
<li>TableBionics</li>
</recipeUsers>
<unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedWeapon</unfinishedThingDef>
</recipeMaker>
<artificialBodyPartsTags>
<li>Bionic</li>
</artificialBodyPartsTags>
</ThingDef>

This is what I have in mine.

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 06, 2015, 09:27:15 AM
Would it be possible to add an option somewhere to the "Extract Biomatter" job on the Organ Vat to automatically strip corpses first?

Also, my performance issue after the upgrade seems to have resolved itself after a few days of play. Can't tell you exactly what did it, but it may have been related to removing and re-designating my prison area, but that is mostly just speculation. If it recurs, I will try to isolate a solution more systematically.

Alpha 10 will be out soon I am guessing, and I'll see about adding it in that version.

Abrexus

Quote from: filippe999 on April 06, 2015, 09:32:31 AM

There is a standalone version of some of them other people made as Smikis mentioned.  I will see about posting a file with mine for you though.  They are the same ones I had in Superior Crafting for Alpha 6.

Thaldis

Quote from: Abrexus on April 06, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Quote from: Thaldis on April 06, 2015, 10:36:38 AM

There must be another mod over-writing the Races_Humanoid file if the option isn't there.  I just tested it, and it works...also was watching Tuckrain stream it on twitch, and he has a fully Bionic person.

Welp, that could be a problem, because the only other mods I have are EdB Interface UI Mod and EdB Prepare Carefully and I saw this mod was tested with those. Oh, and I also have what Smikis wrote about prosthetic and organ requirements only having Ingredients in the description.

Edit: I looked inside Items_BodyParts.mxl and it's written in there what is required... Ingame it's not. I don't know what to do.

Smikis

Quote from: Abrexus on April 06, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
Quote from: Smikis on April 06, 2015, 12:33:44 PM

They all look fine to me....are you looking at the Items_BodyParts.mxl file in the defs folder?

<ThingDef ParentName="BodyPartBase">
<defName>BionicEar</defName>
<label>bionic ear</label>
<description>Advanced piece of technology made not only to fully replace a natural ear, but also to give supernatural hearing.</description>
<graphicPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/MedBionic</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<statBases>
<MarketValue>1850</MarketValue>
<WorkToMake>3000</WorkToMake>
</statBases>
<costList>
<ArtificialBone>2</ArtificialBone>
<PlasteelBar>30</PlasteelBar>
<Electronics>10</Electronics>
</costList>
<recipeMaker>
<skillRequirements>
<li>
<skill>Crafting</skill>
<minLevel>10</minLevel>
</li>
</skillRequirements>
<workSpeedStat>SmithingSpeed</workSpeedStat>
<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
<effectWorking>Smith</effectWorking>
<soundWorking>Recipe_Smith</soundWorking>
<recipeUsers>
<li>TableBionics</li>
</recipeUsers>
<unfinishedThingDef>UnfinishedWeapon</unfinishedThingDef>
</recipeMaker>
<artificialBodyPartsTags>
<li>Bionic</li>
</artificialBodyPartsTags>
</ThingDef>

This is what I have in mine.

I mean in actual game it just says Ingredients 30 , Ingredients 20 , Ingredients XX in crafting stations that deal with bionics/prosthetics/organs

@Thaldis , I could attach bionic ear as well, maybe you haven't crafted it?

Smikis

Seems if door to Embrasure is destroyed, roof collapses, killing everyone inside and also crushing majority of the walls, which makes no sense, its just a door >_<

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 06, 2015, 06:43:05 PM
Didn't he wrote "made her a bionic one" ? So he got an ear, crafting isn't the problem i think.
Installing the bionic ear into the pawn is the problem.
Did you try to install the bionic ear to someone else then the one who miss an ear ?
Do you got medicin, not herbal medicin, regular medicin ?
Good questions.  I also am at a loss as to what's wrong.  I tested it twice, and I can craft and install the bionic ear on any of my colonists.  I tried it on both an existing colony and a fresh one I started from scratch.  Nothing has changed with that code in quite a while.

Delekhan

I can confirm that all bionic body parts work perfectly, and install properly. The only one I haven't tested is the Positronic Brain Implant (no AI cores to spare!)

cheetah2003

So Abrexus.. I've noticed one mildly annoying thing going on with your mod since the beginning.

I has to do with the way <recipeMaker> is behaving within ThingDefs.  Basically what I'm seeing, is when recipes are generated in this manner, directly inside the definition of things, when you go to the crafting station and add the bill, the right side of the window, it shows things like:

10 Ingredients
60 Ingredients

While the filtering in the center is accurate to which ingredients needed, the actual readout on the right is ambiguous.  It's probably a flaw of some kind in the game's engine I guess.

However, I've worked out a work around to get the right side to properly read out like thus:

10 Plasteel bars
60 Steel bars

Basically, instead of shoving recipes into the thingdefs with <recipeMaker>, make a seperate recipe.xml and do the definitions in here in the format it desires.  You can bind the recipes to a specific crafting station here, I've found, which is nice, cuz this gives us a way to add recipes to existing crafting stations without redefining the crafting station's recipe list.  I can give you some of the mods to your files I've been working on to redo all the recipe definitions in this manner, if you want 'em.

One thing I haven't discovered is any sort of way to restrict a recipe to a technology development which would be really nice, since this could open up the ability of a research topic to add more recipes to an existing crafting station.  If anyone here knows a way of doing that, please let me know.  I've tried <researchPrerequisites> inside recipedefs, but it just throws an error on load.

Abrexus

Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 06, 2015, 11:34:40 PM
So Abrexus.. I've noticed one mildly annoying thing going on with your mod since the beginning.

I has to do with the way <recipeMaker> is behaving within ThingDefs.  Basically what I'm seeing, is when recipes are generated in this manner, directly inside the definition of things, when you go to the crafting station and add the bill, the right side of the window, it shows things like:

10 Ingredients
60 Ingredients

While the filtering in the center is accurate to which ingredients needed, the actual readout on the right is ambiguous.  It's probably a flaw of some kind in the game's engine I guess.

However, I've worked out a work around to get the right side to properly read out like thus:

10 Plasteel bars
60 Steel bars

Basically, instead of shoving recipes into the thingdefs with <recipeMaker>, make a seperate recipe.xml and do the definitions in here in the format it desires.  You can bind the recipes to a specific crafting station here, I've found, which is nice, cuz this gives us a way to add recipes to existing crafting stations without redefining the crafting station's recipe list.  I can give you some of the mods to your files I've been working on to redo all the recipe definitions in this manner, if you want 'em.

One thing I haven't discovered is any sort of way to restrict a recipe to a technology development which would be really nice, since this could open up the ability of a research topic to add more recipes to an existing crafting station.  If anyone here knows a way of doing that, please let me know.  I've tried <researchPrerequisites> inside recipedefs, but it just throws an error on load.

You have to write a .dll file to unlock the recipes on research