[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathwizi2005

Quote from: NihilRex on April 08, 2015, 10:26:58 PM
I'd stream SC. but it seems to behave oddly with the droids from Mechanical Defense, and the Mending Table mod, so for the moment I'm going to skip SC.

Just grabbed MD2 in its entirety so I'm gonna see if I can recreate your issues.
Also gonna play with Mod Order, may just solve the issue.

Goo Poni

Behave oddly? I have both of these mods installed (complete MD2 and the Mending Table) along with SC and it all works fine. About the only annoyance I have is that the Cremator droid seems to have been updated to cremate everything, so I can't repurpose mechanoids with the MoreMechanoids mod but these are interaction unrelated to SC.

mathwizi2005

I find using EdB ModOrder and forcing SCA9Core to load just after Vanilla Core fixes any initial issues to the point where it loads old saves.

eberkain

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 09, 2015, 01:45:34 PM
I find using EdB ModOrder and forcing SCA9Core to load just after Vanilla Core fixes any initial issues to the point where it loads old saves.

I will add that I was having problems with SC for a bit and everything fixed its self after I setup the ModOrder like this: Core, SCCore, XP1, XP2, XP3, Everything else.

eberkain

So what weapon mods will work with SC, any suggestions?

mathwizi2005

ATM Mining&Co. works (once the recipe handler is fixed as I had to spawn in energy packs for weapon crafting just now)
I'm sure Project Armory will work out of the box once its updated.
Rimfire does not for some reason, it forces a cascading error log to the point where I can't find the source issue to report it.

just_dont

Regarding Zombie Apocalypse compatibility fix.

You'd want to apply changes only to Zombie Apocalypse mod (overwrite Races_Zombie.xml), get yourself LoadOrder mod, and make sure Zombie Apocalypse loads AFTER Superior Crafting.

The other way doesn't seem to work, Zombie Apocalypse fails to properly start itself up, and you won't see "Zombie Virus Active" notification and won't get proper zombie raids.

mathwizi2005

It should be said that SC and its expansions should ALWAYS be loaded before any other mods.
I recommend adding this in bold on the main post.

NihilRex

Quote from: Goo Poni on April 09, 2015, 01:26:15 PM
Behave oddly? I have both of these mods installed (complete MD2 and the Mending Table) along with SC and it all works fine. About the only annoyance I have is that the Cremator droid seems to have been updated to cremate everything, so I can't repurpose mechanoids with the MoreMechanoids mod but these are interaction unrelated to SC.

I have a nice little modlist - http://pastebin.com/RcpyjcUC

When SC is installed, Droids with Mending do not mend, and Growers do not grow.  Mending can be forced, with right clicking, but growing cannot.

Polok432

i put the rewrite fix  in  zombie mod and nothing happends apparently i just broke the game lol.

Seeker89

Quote from: just_dont on April 09, 2015, 05:32:50 PM

You'd want to apply changes only to Zombie Apocalypse mod (overwrite Races_Zombie.xml), get yourself LoadOrder mod, and make sure Zombie Apocalypse loads AFTER Superior Crafting.

The other way doesn't seem to work, Zombie Apocalypse fails to properly start itself up, and you won't see "Zombie Virus Active" notification and won't get proper zombie raids.

Ah... I see what I did there. I'll upload a fix later on. (with better testing)

eberkain

Quote from: Seeker89 on April 10, 2015, 06:37:23 AM

I was wondering why I have yet to see zombies in the game.

Seeker89

Quote from: eberkain on April 10, 2015, 07:13:51 AM
Quote from: Seeker89 on April 10, 2015, 06:37:23 AM

I was wondering why I have yet to see zombies in the game.

I was too.... which is why that was kinda sad.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t6a3lu3b29otva/Zombie%20SC9%20fixV2.zip?dl=0
Try that one.

I haven't completely decided yet but It has been posted that Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering is one of the best ones for that kind of stuff. I could make a patch for that one too, unless someone has another mod they would like

AllenWL

It seems like electronic chips eat a lot of sliver. It takes twenty silver for every five chips, so a auto turret needs two hundred silver each, as do saber shields... not to mention all the other things that need them. They eat up hundreds of silver to make, and boy is it hard to keep up with the demand...

What does the bolt launcher arm do? I gave one to my colonist, but all it did was mess up her manipulation

just_dont

Quote from: Seeker89 on April 10, 2015, 05:27:46 PM
I was too.... which is why that was kinda sad.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t6a3lu3b29otva/Zombie%20SC9%20fixV2.zip?dl=0
Try that one.
This one seems to be better. The standard notifications (name-the-colony, birthdays, etc) are coming now, and they didn't before.