[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_dont

Quote from: AllenWL on April 10, 2015, 09:45:15 PM
It seems like electronic chips eat a lot of sliver. It takes twenty silver for every five chips, so a auto turret needs two hundred silver each, as do saber shields... not to mention all the other things that need them.
Considering that it's all "late-game stuff" (AI turrets, shields, advanced prosthetics, etc) I'd say it's a nice balance. Silver is easy to obtain via bulk-trading, so if you want to set up lots of turrets or somesuch, you need to set up some reasonably valuable production (medicine is by far the most easy). Then you just sell your products for silver.

------------------------------
That being said, though, I think turrets need some small balance adjustments:
1) Basic turrets are quite weak compared to specialized turrets, yet have the same costs. I think it would be nice to just reduce costs to reflect their firepower. -75 metal and -75 metal, -5 chips for the manned and unmanned variants?
2) Gatlings are very universal and spammable (nothing beats moar dakka), up to the point where I don't even consider shotgun turrets except for indoors close-quarters where gatling tends to create lots of property damage due to stray bullets. I'd like to see gatlings treated as slightly more powerful than other specialized turrets (as they are). Perhaps slightly raise their costs?

Savagedingo

Beathrus

So, quick question about the Terraforming pump, what exactly is its range? There is no designator, so I don't know exactly how far it can spread. :/

I placed one, but it only spread like, 2 blocks from where the pump was placed; is that its range?

just_dont

Quote from: Beathrus on April 11, 2015, 01:55:42 PM
So, quick question about the Terraforming pump, what exactly is its range? There is no designator, so I don't know exactly how far it can spread.
I believe it's exactly like old vanilla pump: 5 tiles radius (generally same area as sun lamp). It works rather slowly and it takes a lot of time to cover entire area.

Savagedingo

25 total tiles become terraformed with the pump.  That's not too bad.

Beathrus

Alright, Thanks. I was confused as to why it seemed to stop working, but I must have not given it enough time.

Savagedingo

Quote from: Beathrus on April 11, 2015, 03:02:20 PM
Alright, Thanks. I was confused as to why it seemed to stop working, but I must have not given it enough time.

No, you are completely right, it only goes 2 blocks in each direction.  But it's a 5x5 grid overall.

Beathrus

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 11, 2015, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on April 11, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

No, you are completely right, it only goes 2 blocks in each direction.  But it's a 5x5 grid overall.

Oh.. I was really hoping I could just set it up and let it do an area the same as Sun Lamp. v.v Well, Guess I'll have to move the pumps around and everything.

Also, do you think there is ever a chance the superior crafting mod will add in like, light strips? Like, just strips you can place like lamps on the ground? I'm playing with the Darkness Mod, and besides 'Wall Lights' there isn't much choice for light options.

AllenWL

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 11, 2015, 02:19:05 PM
25 total tiles become terraformed with the pump.  That's not too bad.
Eh, considering that the pump needs to be on solid ground, it you can only terraform a average of around ten or so tiles of liquid, which I find is the only place you would really use the pump on, as all other places, you can fertilize, or build hydroponics on. Not that much, really, and not really worth it in my opinion if you think about having to construct/deconstruct pumps all the time. I'd rather the pump be much more expensive to make, and eat up more power, but terraform a much larger area.

Edit: I would also like a ingratiation with Combat Realism. It works, but it acts slightly weird, so...

mathwizi2005

Quote from: AllenWL on April 12, 2015, 06:46:44 AM
Edit: I would also like a ingratiation with Combat Realism. It works, but it acts slightly weird, so...

How exactly is it acting weird? I have had no odd issues so far.

AllenWL

Mainly, two different walls with different durability, improvised turret that uses 80 steel ore and 60(I think) resources, and the damage modifiers(walls more sturdy against bullets and weaker against explosions) not seeming to work perfectly when CR is loaded after SC, and
(seemingly) not working at all when CR is loaded before SC(shotguns fire a single large bullet, explosions don't send out sharpinal, etc)

Oh, also, I'm using the prison improvements ingratiation, and it seems to not work properly. You can build the structures, but can't transfer prisoners or enslave them. The option to do so doesn't appear at all. Also, the information tab for the fences claim that the fences and fence gates are made of wood when you can only craft them out of metal.

NephilimNexus

I'm really liking this mod, but I do have one question: How do I make low-tech items like knives and swords?  I unlocked the smithing bench which makes hi-tech guns and whatnot, but I can't seem to figure out how to make clubs, spears, etc.

mathwizi2005

Well I know the Powered Crafting table does and thats a T2 Crafting and T1 Power upgrade I believe.

Slywyn

I haven't been able to get people to use the shooting range. Am I telling them to use it the wrong way?

Clicking or right clicking on it does nothing, and the game will stack things on top of it as if it doesn't exist.

Same thing's happening with the medical dummy.

Slywyn

Quote from: Canute on April 13, 2015, 02:07:12 AM
Set the colonist into draft/combat mode.
Let the colonist attack/use the shooting range,punching bag, medicin dummy, holosuite.
They will pratice until they get hungry,sleepy or other important task pop up for them.

Ah! Okay, I never would have known to do that.