[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joetank

Yea I can't go into just how awesome you made the game Abrexus. I feel like I'm not even playing Rimworld without your mod installed. Can't wait to jump back into it once your finished bro!

Abrexus

Quote from: joetank on April 16, 2015, 08:16:38 PM
Yea I can't go into just how awesome you made the game Abrexus. I feel like I'm not even playing Rimworld without your mod installed. Can't wait to jump back into it once your finished bro!

I really appreciate your kind words.  It's real motivation for me.  The good news is......the update is done!  I'm testing it now to make sure everything is actually working.  Expect to see an update posted before too long.

Computica

Great mod man, I remember one of the recipes costs being switched around, though I forget what it was supposed to make. It was 1? + 5? = ?

The 5 was supposed to be a cheap ingredient but ended up being the ore expensive one. If I see it again in your Alpha 10 release I'll let you know.

Rauminen

First of all, thanks for the hard work! This mod is awesome, changes up the whole game, and for the better :)

Since you're in testing, there are a couple things I noticed with the A9 version (2g I believe)
- Sometimes (no clear pattern, appears to be random with do X times bills) they would start to construct the bionic arm, leg or spine from wood logs, which they can never finish. The work to make goes down to zero, then even into negative if you don't notice it in time. What this does is effectively halts the production for that bill - you have to delete the bill, haul away the unfinished wooden log bionic thing and start over. Does not seem to happen for bionic eyes though.

- For "Old gunshot" type wounds, the option to heal them with biomatter appears, but it doesn't actually do anything when applied. Works fine with scars.

Savagedingo

kakafika

Quote from: Rauminen on April 18, 2015, 05:03:04 AM
First of all, thanks for the hard work! This mod is awesome, changes up the whole game, and for the better :)

Since you're in testing, there are a couple things I noticed with the A9 version (2g I believe)
- Sometimes (no clear pattern, appears to be random with do X times bills) they would start to construct the bionic arm, leg or spine from wood logs, which they can never finish. The work to make goes down to zero, then even into negative if you don't notice it in time. What this does is effectively halts the production for that bill - you have to delete the bill, haul away the unfinished wooden log bionic thing and start over. Does not seem to happen for bionic eyes though.

I've seen the same thing. Though in my case with a wooden bionic arm it was easy to fix. Just click on the "Unfinished XXXX" and click cancel. Somebody hauled away the wood and he started making an arm with correct materials.

Abrexus

Tonight at 9pm EDT, the mod will be streamed by Krazy_Tony_13 on TwitchTV!  Come join us to get an early access link for the mod download.  The mod will be released on this thread right after the stream.

Telarin

Quote from: Abrexus on April 18, 2015, 07:40:37 PM
Tonight at 9pm EDT, the mod will be streamed by Krazy_Tony_13 on TwitchTV!  Come join us to get an early access link for the mod download.  The mod will be released on this thread right after the stream.

Such a tease!

Slywyn

I'll wait for the link to be posted here.

Not really a big fan of the "You have to come watch a stream to get this!" type things.

Abrexus

Link posted!  The stream is still going strong, so please feel free to stop by and say hello if you get a chance!

DustBust

I'm having issues getting this to work, I've basically crashed 10C and even unzipping the file and starting it without this MOD doesn't work now and also do I replace CORE with this MOD? Not sure what is going on...

Marlekind

Wait...you deleted the Core folder in the mods section?  if so, put that back you silly thing!  Always leave that checkmarked!  And then just unzip SC's core mod into the mods folder!

DustBust

Yeah, I figured it out, not sure what I did anyways having a big problem, the first tier turrets do not work and the steam generator, the colonists keep removing and adding the wood over and over again.... so its a bit hard to play without turrets (I like big waves of enemies) Please fix and thanks. Let me know if  you need any further details, I'm running on 10C.

Slywyn

You have to set the priority of the hopper attached to the Steam Generator higher so they don't keep moving things.

You have to recruit your colonists and force them to man the turret before they'll use it.

Abrexus

Update to fix problem with turrets - should not be save breaking, but it may be necessary to remove any built turrets before updating.