[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XelNigma

Any one find any work around to keep your cooks from removing the wood logs from the hoppers connected to the steam generators?

I'm currently testing haveing the logs forbidden, if that fails I'll just lock the door.

Ninefinger

Quote from: XelNigma on April 20, 2015, 01:22:32 AM
Any one find any work around to keep your cooks from removing the wood logs from the hoppers connected to the steam generators?

I'm currently testing haveing the logs forbidden, if that fails I'll just lock the door.

He updated it so it uses kindling now instead of logs :)

mathwizi2005

Actually, you already can just merely repair organs....well, not so much repair as replace, via the Organ Vat to create new organs.

Personally, I like Bionic Organs since I always aim for a Borg colony, complete with powered armor.

skullywag

Its due to the way hoppers work. They are just a container for resources, their contents are available to be used if a requester needs them. So a builder needs logs to build something he looks for the closest cell containing logs, if its your hopper hes gonna take em. Forbidding would be the only way currently.

You could make the hopper tick rarely and have it set all contents to forbidden. issue is what if the resource becomes needed elsewhere? The player is forced to dismantle as unforbidding will just get forbidden next rare tick and setting the allowed resource wont matter cuz itll still get unforbidden, unless the check to auto forbid is allowed to be held and unforbidden...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

XelNigma

my cook is still removing the kindling from the hopper.  I'm not even sure if its a cook related issue, just that my only pawn that does this is the one thats the cook, but they are also one of my most active crafters.

Some people seem to think they are taking the logs out of the hopper because they are using them to build/craft with.  Whats not what is going on. The logs are just being removed from the hopper and placed on the ground.
Now with it using kindling instead of the logs its even more clear that is whats going on, seeing as kindling is not used for any building or craft.

Ihatetheinternet

Why am i forced to use wood looking walls after enabling this some one please help

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Ihatetheinternet on April 20, 2015, 01:31:37 PM
Why am i forced to use wood looking walls after enabling this some one please help

ALL walls can be made out of any processed material, Logs, Planks, Metal, and one of 4-5 brick types.
Some selections may not be available due to not enough material for that selection being in a stockpile. (aka atm, all you have is logs)

Slywyn

Quote from: Ihatetheinternet on April 20, 2015, 01:31:37 PM

You have to research the ability to use different materials for walls.

eberkain

Quote from: Canute on April 20, 2015, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: XelNigma on April 20, 2015, 01:30:22 PM
my cook is still removing the kindling from the hopper.  I'm not even sure if its a cook related issue, just that my only pawn that does this is the one thats the cook, but they are also one of my most active crafters.

Some people seem to think they are taking the logs out of the hopper because they are using them to build/craft with.  Whats not what is going on. The logs are just being removed from the hopper and placed on the ground.
Now with it using kindling instead of the logs its even more clear that is whats going on, seeing as kindling is not used for any building or craft.
Like i said before, to change the fuel from log's to kindling don't solve the problem.
It is a cook/hopper problem.
I notice before the job of a cook are to refill the food hopper's even when he isn't enable for hauling.
And this is the problem.
The hopper is still marked as food hopper not as regular container, thats why the cook empty to hopper and try to refill it with food. But since food isn't enabled for this hopper it stay empty.

How about just having two hoppers?  One for food and one for fuel.  I always thought it was a little weird that it was a shared structure.  The machine that dispenses corn and potatoes should be drastically different than the one that dispenses logs and gasoline.

Kitsune

I have a similiar problem with the hopper. Its no problem to fill them with kindlings but someone always come by and empties the hopper like canute says but the funny thing for my begins now. Sometimes the colonist immediatley fills the hopper again with the kindlings and everytime 1 kindling disappears. And he not tire to fill it one time i talk about 10-20 times. o.O

Edit: And as canute sayed, its only a problem with cook's disable cook and its fine, enable cook again and he run's to the hopper happy kindling switching and quiet giggles. ;D

Enjoyment

For now, you can just forbid kindling in the hopper - your cook will leave it, and you haulers would still replenish it.
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

reaper0022

how about a "Stun Gun" or Stun Turret so i can get more helper buddies, i always like getting more help. i try to mod it in myself but is just crashes the game.

Abrexus

Quote from: Enjoyment on April 20, 2015, 04:36:52 PM
For now, you can just forbid kindling in the hopper - your cook will leave it, and you haulers would still replenish it.

The "Great Hopper Fix of 2015" has been uploaded!  Also made a few other small changes.  Your cooks should leave them hoppas alone!

Darcclan

Abrexus you done goofed, you copy pasted your synth hopper onto your power hopper, so that it not only says the same description (which is fine) but to get a hopper for the steam engine, you need to research food synth to unlock both your hoppers.

TLDR, GenHopper needs to be <researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>, not researchPrerequisite>FoodSynthesizer</researchPrerequisite>, thanks for the fix though!, it really did need its own hopper, was getting tired of unchecking food stuff in the alpha 9 version