[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: Darcclan on April 20, 2015, 06:15:00 PM
Abrexus you done goofed, you copy pasted your synth hopper onto your power hopper, so that it not only says the same description (which is fine) but to get a hopper for the steam engine, you need to research food synth to unlock both your hoppers.

TLDR, GenHopper needs to be <researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>, not researchPrerequisite>FoodSynthesizer</researchPrerequisite>, thanks for the fix though!, it really did need its own hopper, was getting tired of unchecking food stuff in the alpha 9 version

Good catch!  Fixed and updated.

Inertial Mage

let me rephrase my poorly worded question from earlier. where can i get sand to make glass, im stuck and cant make solar power

Abrexus

Quote from: Inertial Mage on April 20, 2015, 06:34:22 PM
let me rephrase my poorly worded question from earlier. where can i get sand to make glass, im stuck and cant make solar power

Sand can be made at the craftsman's table & powered crafting table.

Darcclan

Also if you don't mind Abrexus if you could add back in the vents from the previous Alpha 9 version, that'd be great! I ask because just having only a vent to equalize temp isn't enough for things like steam vents and being able to vent AC's (and use the heat), for example last playthrough I made a room behind my freezer, with the exhaust from the industrial cooler and some industrial heaters, then i pumped the hot air all throughout my base using the ducts and pumped the excess (during summer) outside my base (also using ducts). Can't really replicate that with just vents (mainly because there's no way to vent from inside to outside in a temp controlled way in vanilla

*Edit*
Another thing, how do i get rid of scars using this mod?

Abrexus

Quote from: Darcclan on April 20, 2015, 07:53:38 PM

You use the operations tab just like you would for removing/replacing a body part, and if there is a scar that can be treated it will show up at the bottom of the window as shown below:

Note, you will need Biomatter to remove them which you get fro the organ vat.  Bad backs can be diagnosed to move them from the torso to the spine, then replacing the spine with a bionic one fixes that as well.

Savagedingo

Quote from: Darcclan on April 20, 2015, 07:53:38 PM
Also if you don't mind Abrexus if you could add back in the vents from the previous Alpha 9 version, that'd be great! I ask because just having only a vent to equalize temp isn't enough for things like steam vents and being able to vent AC's (and use the heat), for example last playthrough I made a room behind my freezer, with the exhaust from the industrial cooler and some industrial heaters, then i pumped the hot air all throughout my base using the ducts and pumped the excess (during summer) outside my base (also using ducts). Can't really replicate that with just vents (mainly because there's no way to vent from inside to outside in a temp controlled way in vanilla

*Edit*

You're gonna have to show me how to do that stuff with the ducts and vents whenever it gets worked out.  I never could figure out a reasonable way to use them. 

Solarstorm45

Hey Abrexus love your mod was wondering if theres a way to rotate embrasures or if they are set as they are thanks man

Kolljak

My post was utterly ignored so im bumpin it and reposting

Found a bug with the hoppers the Ai will rapidly "remove" "add" "remove" "add" anything that isnt food put in the hopper for no reason [fuel] [wood] is the only two items ive tried so far. but they keep taking the fuel out so icant use the genereator.

Anthiar

Running along side careful prep, and attempting to make a bionic spine will not complete. Runs down to 20ish work remaining and the colonist abandons the job. This also seems to break my workstation as clearing the bill and trying to start again results in no one working and I am unable to click on the table and prioritize the job.

If you need any info from me for debugging or whatnot just let me know.

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Anthiar on April 20, 2015, 11:01:57 PM
Running along side careful prep, and attempting to make a bionic spine will not complete. Runs down to 20ish work remaining and the colonist abandons the job. This also seems to break my workstation as clearing the bill and trying to start again results in no one working and I am unable to click on the table and prioritize the job.

If you need any info from me for debugging or whatnot just let me know.

I was just running into this issue on stream a few minutes ago. Abrexus should have this fixed on next release. For now, tell your Bionic table to suspend everything till the fix is set, otherwise, you'll get a pile of unfinished parts.

CountOverride

Quote from: Kolljak on April 20, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

Found a bug with the hoppers the Ai will rapidly "remove" "add" "remove" "add" anything that isnt food put in the hopper for no reason [fuel] [wood] is the only two items ive tried so far. but they keep taking the fuel out so icant use the genereator.

I'm having this same issue. if anyone can find a fix for this, I'd be very appreciative.

Ninefinger

Quote from: CountOverride on April 21, 2015, 12:01:44 AM
Quote from: Kolljak on April 20, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

I'm having this same issue. if anyone can find a fix for this, I'd be very appreciative.

already been fixed as far as i know but have not tested it...

The "Great Hopper Fix of 2015" has been uploaded!  Also made a few other small changes.  Your cooks should leave them hoppas alone!

Abrexus you done goofed, you copy pasted your synth hopper onto your power hopper, so that it not only says the same description (which is fine) but to get a hopper for the steam engine, you need to research food synth to unlock both your hoppers.

TLDR, GenHopper needs to be <researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>, not researchPrerequisite>FoodSynthesizer</researchPrerequisite>, thanks for the fix though!, it really did need its own hopper, was getting tired of unchecking food stuff

with the new update with this fix applied manually it shoudl work theoretically.

Grynnreaper

can you link Great Hopper Fix of 2015? same issue and I have no idea what all that other stuff means

CountOverride

He's referring to a discussion one page back. I'm thinking we just need to update the mod and we're good to go. I don't see any reference to a hotfix, so he must have just reuploaded the fixed version. Testing it out now.

Kitsune

Thank you for your work abrexus. :D I can use hooper's again, yay!