[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: Playbahnosh on April 21, 2015, 03:54:29 PM
Quote from: Th3_D00D3 on April 21, 2015, 03:49:15 PM
Can you add something like a mending or item repair table? Maybe even an item-upgrade table where you can improve the quality of weapons and apperal for additional cost?

I second this, but I think an Upgrade/Disassemble option should be added to the items' respective crafting tables, so weapons are handled at the smithing table and apparel at the loom or something.

Your wish is my command!  I'm actually working on something like that right now.  Great suggestion!

Buuuh

Quite nice mod, but very unbalanced. I started in a world, with almost no sandstone. Just found quite enough to build a furnace (60 pieces). Furthermore no more sandstone so i got stuck for glass. No solar panels, and not even a radiostation (what is it named in english?), so i am not even able to buy sandstone.
Why the heck does a radio station need glass?
I suppose to build a furnace out of any kind of stone, and a radiostation out of whatever may be in every world, maybe metal only.

Darcclan

@Buuuh The furnaces can be built out of any kind of stone already, you just right click them

DustBust

Quote from: Buuuh on April 21, 2015, 04:15:42 PM
Quite nice mod, but very unbalanced. I started in a world, with almost no sandstone. Just found quite enough to build a furnace (60 pieces). Furthermore no more sandstone so i got stuck for glass. No solar panels, and not even a radiostation (what is it named in english?), so i am not even able to buy sandstone.
Why the heck does a radio station need glass?
I suppose to build a furnace out of any kind of stone, and a radiostation out of whatever may be in every world, maybe metal only.

I've never noticed sandstone was necessary for sand, always took any type of stone I thought... unless I've just been lucky...

eberkain

Just pulled the most recent version for my wife, the generator hopper description says 'holds resources for the food synthesizer', but it does work correctly.

Darcclan

@eberkain yea thats just a copy paste mistake, it'll work as intended

JagenXI

Abrexus, I am a huge fan of the modding community in this game, I took one look at your mod and had to do a double take. Im gonna try this out tonight and post my feelings about it tomorrow. Im very excited to try this mod and thank you so much for taking the time to make your mod what it is today. Anyways keep up the good work!

Abrexus

Quote from: eberkain on April 21, 2015, 04:58:37 PM
Just pulled the most recent version for my wife, the generator hopper description says 'holds resources for the food synthesizer', but it does work correctly.

It wouldn't be Superior Crafting if I didn't have a typo (or 43)  :o

I'll get that fixed in the next update, and thank you for the heads up!

theubie

With the hopper fix, I think it's time I revisit and do a new let's play.

Ninefinger

Are the bionics and bad backs and scars fixed, or whatever was causing issues, something to do with the surgery?

Dante King

Mod doesn't work, only using EdbPrepCare and the mod. Any help?

Abrexus

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 22, 2015, 12:50:20 AM
Are the bionics and bad backs and scars fixed, or whatever was causing issues, something to do with the surgery?

Yes, both are working just fine.  I didn't have them in the initial release because I had to rework the code, but they were added back several days ago.

Current list of changes and fixes...

Changes:
* Updated to alpha 10
* All body part recipes moved from recipemaker to actual recipes, so the ingredients can be viewed properly
* Battery efficiency now increases with power research
* Wall durability now increases with construction research
* Minor rework to crafting recipe output for powered crafting tables
* Traders reworked and new crafted goods trader added
* Industrial heater and cooler added
* Added kindling to replace wood logs as fuel for steam generator
* Bad backs and scars can now be diagnosed and fixed once again
* Recipe added to the chemlab to allow you to synthesize plasteel from steel ore and raw devilstrand
* Implemented the "Great Hopper Fix of 2015"
* Added hops to agricultural trader

Fixes:
* Corrected XML for turrets so they now function properly
* Reduced burst fire rate of gatling turret to 15 instead of 30
* Prosthetic crafting no longer uses the unfinished parts mechanic, and should work as normal

Muramas

I have been playing your mod for a bit and I have a suggestion.

Steam Furnace: Switch Iron bars -> stone blocks
-since you need to craft iron bars to produce more things I found it difficult to go past the next stage and hard to get power going, I would suggest changing steam furnace to be built out of stone blocks instead of iron. This will improve the speed which power is started since stone blocks are made in larger quantity and more availability.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 22, 2015, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 22, 2015, 12:50:20 AM

Yes, both are working just fine.  I didn't have them in the initial release because I had to rework the code, but they were added back several days ago.

Current list of changes and fixes...

Changes:
* Updated to alpha 10
* All body part recipes moved from recipemaker to actual recipes, so the ingredients can be viewed properly
* Battery efficiency now increases with power research
* Wall durability now increases with construction research
* Minor rework to crafting recipe output for powered crafting tables
* Traders reworked and new crafted goods trader added
* Industrial heater and cooler added
* Added kindling to replace wood logs as fuel for steam generator
* Bad backs and scars can now be diagnosed and fixed once again
* Recipe added to the chemlab to allow you to synthesize plasteel from steel ore and raw devilstrand
* Implemented the "Great Hopper Fix of 2015"
* Added hops to agricultural trader

Fixes:
* Corrected XML for turrets so they now function properly
* Reduced burst fire rate of gatling turret to 15 instead of 30
* Prosthetic crafting no longer uses the unfinished parts mechanic, and should work as normal

Awesome man! one last question, do we still have to repair all the walls once they get upgraded from researching? if so i was wondering if you would be willing to make a separate download or remove the wall upgrade process, since granite walls can be used for high health and more health might seem overpowered. And i think that this mod would be absolutely perfect without the wall heath upgrade process, and if i am correct all that stuff is simply in the .dll so you would only have to make a separate .dll optional download with it removed, it might be a pain in the ass to make it a separate download but if you do i would love you forever :D

Ninefinger

Quote from: Canute on April 22, 2015, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: Muramas on April 22, 2015, 10:46:20 AM
I have been playing your mod for a bit and I have a suggestion.

Steam Furnace: Switch Iron bars -> stone blocks
-since you need to craft iron bars to produce more things I found it difficult to go past the next stage and hard to get power going, I would suggest changing steam furnace to be built out of stone blocks instead of iron. This will improve the speed which power is started since stone blocks are made in larger quantity and more availability.
Sorry when i am a bit upset,
BUT can't you read abit the forum/patchnotes or the game itself and notice that you can change the building material of the most buildings when you right-click on them ?
If your wish-Material don't get listed there, it isn't maybe on a stockpile yet.
You can build these furnace of any stone material, fact i can't select err what you want iron ? That don't even exist at these mod. Steam furnace hmm that don't exist either.

Furnace can build from any stone material.
and steam generator from stone, hmm no i don't think that would be a good idea.

Yes he was referring to the steam generator and that would definitely be an ok idea since literally there is no difference from having to craft steel into steel bars or chunks into blocks, and there is nothing wrong with burning fuel sources in stone to create steam heat to generate power.

If anyone wants to be able to craft the steam generator out of stone go to SCA10Core/Defs/ThingsDefs and open Buildings_Power.xml with Notepad++ and copy and paste this code directly over top of the current Steam Generator make sure to make a back up file of the original before you do this just in case there are any issues:

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
<defName>SteamGenerator</defName>
<label>steam generator</label>
<thingClass>SuperiorCrafting.Building_SteamGenerator</thingClass>
<graphicPath>Things/Building/SCPower/SteamGenerator2x2</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>
<passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
<fillPercent>1</fillPercent>
<castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
<statBases>
<MaxHitPoints>200</MaxHitPoints>
<WorkToMake>2500</WorkToMake>
<Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
</statBases>
<tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
<description>A steam turbine generator that produces electricity.  Requires a hopper filled with wood logs, or ethanol for fuel.
Energy Output:  750W</description>
<size>(2,2)</size>
<building>
<ignoreNeedsPower>true</ignoreNeedsPower>
<wantsHopperAdjacent>true</wantsHopperAdjacent>
</building>
<costStuffCount>150</costStuffCount>
<stuffCategories>
<li>Stony</li>
</stuffCategories>
<graphicOverdraw>false</graphicOverdraw>
<comps>
<li>
<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
<basePowerConsumption>-1</basePowerConsumption>
<transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower>
<powerToggleable>false</powerToggleable>
</li>
<li>
<compClass>CompHeatPusher</compClass>
<heatPerSecond>3</heatPerSecond>
<heatPushMaxTemperature>25000</heatPushMaxTemperature>
</li>
<li>
<compClass>CompGlower</compClass>
<glowRadius>6</glowRadius>
<glowColor>(217,112,33,0)</glowColor>
</li>
</comps>
<terrainAffordanceNeeded>Light</terrainAffordanceNeeded>
<designationCategory>Power</designationCategory>
<staticSunShadowHeight>0.20</staticSunShadowHeight>
<constructEffect>ConstructMetal</constructEffect>
<researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>
</ThingDef>

I have not tested it but am positive it will work if there are any issues let me know.