[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enjoyment

Quote from: Abrexus on April 23, 2015, 06:54:16 PM
Quote from: SadisticNemesis on April 23, 2015, 04:43:27 PM
Something I've noticed tonight. The beds seem to have a pink outline around them? I didn't even noticed this while playing it all day until a few minutes ago, its rather faint but I thought I'd report it regardless.

Pink is in in 2015, or didn't you know?   ;D

Seriously though, I noticed it but it wasn't a high priority fix....once I get the mod to the point where I feel it's "complete" I'll revisit those textures.

Is this problem with all beds or just with med and pod? If the second, I could help to fix the textures to sve your time for more important work ;)

UPD: Just checked - it apears only in architect menu... with a cloth bed...
UPD2: Hmm... checked the texture and its clean as vanilla. And the defs are ok too. So, Im useless at this moment... Though, can someone test this issue with following texture?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Enjoyment

English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Telarin

I know you have your hands full with your own to-do list, but could I talk you into adding some sort of item repair method to your mod? It seems like it would go along with the enhanced crafting nicely, and frankly, the only other mod I have found with repair is the "mending table" mod which is A) not up to date for A10, with no reply from the creator and B) Feels kind of cheaty since there are no resource requirements for repairing, no chance of lowering the quality of the item, no skill requirements, and happens a little too fast.

I'm thinking something as simple as using a little bit of cloth/leather for repairing cloth/leather items, a little bit of steel for repairing weapons and armor, and having a small chance, based on the initial damage of the item and the crafting skill of the colonist, to drop the quality level of the item, so you can't just repair them forever. If you're interested, I can go into a little more detail on how I see the system working.

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Telarin on April 24, 2015, 07:27:02 AM
I know you have your hands full with your own to-do list, but could I talk you into adding some sort of item repair method to your mod? It seems like it would go along with the enhanced crafting nicely, and frankly, the only other mod I have found with repair is the "mending table" mod which is A) not up to date for A10, with no reply from the creator and B) Feels kind of cheaty since there are no resource requirements for repairing, no chance of lowering the quality of the item, no skill requirements, and happens a little too fast.

I'm thinking something as simple as using a little bit of cloth/leather for repairing cloth/leather items, a little bit of steel for repairing weapons and armor, and having a small chance, based on the initial damage of the item and the crafting skill of the colonist, to drop the quality level of the item, so you can't just repair them forever. If you're interested, I can go into a little more detail on how I see the system working.

TBF, that sounds more like a game mechanic that should be pitched to Tynan instead for vanilla integration.

Telarin

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 24, 2015, 08:49:14 AM
TBF, that sounds more like a game mechanic that should be pitched to Tynan instead for vanilla integration.

I definitely agree, and it has been pitched to him many times since item degradation was added to the game. However, it is unlikely that Tynan will be adding it any time soon. Even if he decides to add it to the next Alpha, that will likely be 2 or 3 months away, since A10 just came out. And since it fits well with a mod that is focused on enhanced crafting, I suggested it here.

kakafika

This mod is a lot of fun! I thought at first that there was maybe a little too much going on, but all the extra crafting requires a larger colony of crafters, and I like to build up big colonies anyway, so it works well with my playstyle  :)

In A9 with all the xpacs, I particularly enjoyed the much more difficult and varied mechs. I also had fun with the change in gameplay when I could reprogram the mechs to do various basic tasks. I eventually had enough crawlers hauling zombie corpses that my colonists could focus on crafting and putting out fires when mechs short-circuited  ;D

I patiently await these xpacs for A10. Hopefully zombie apocalypse updates to A10 soon so it can be used.

Quote from: Abrexus on April 23, 2015, 01:35:32 PM
Quote from: DanRowan on April 23, 2015, 11:55:54 AM
Is there a way to make your colonists use the organ vat like the crematorium? I seem to remember in vanilla that they would automatically burn bodies but I have not seen a colonist use the organ vat to dispose of bodies without me having to give them the command. Could you flag the organ vat as a crematorium so if you dont have one they would use that to get rid of bodies or is that not possible?

All worktables have a set priority order that is predetermined in the workgivers.xml - unfortunately the game does not let you modify the priority order (yet).  Make sure there are no other tables with active crafting orders that are preventing the colonists from working the organ vat, as it is low on the priority list.  You can manually go in and change the priority to a higher number if you prefer.

Assuming that you still have to set a priority order for the worktables you added in your mod, would it be a good idea to add Organ Vat at the top? I also have problems with bodies piling up while my colonists work endlessly on making mulch and sand  :P

Also, is it possible to apply to the Organ Vat the new vanilla mechanic whereby bodies are automatically stripped when being cremated?

kakafika

Is there any way to get more traders to visit? I've been playing Cassandra Rough and my current colony was stuck in limbo for awhile because I could not get a trader with Plasteel for sale to show up (and my devilstrand was taking too long to synthesize bars; thanks for that, btw!). Would I have better chances at trade and a similar overall experience if I switched to Phoebe and upped the difficulty (Phoebe was not challenging last time I tried)?

It seems the problem is exacerbated by the mod since there are more traders; it seems like there is a smaller chance to get the one you want when you get one (it seems to have a chance for trader, then a chance for each specific trader afterwards).

Do others feel there should be greater chances of traders appearing? I can see that maybe the current design is desirable, as it slows down colony transitions to higher levels of functioning and promotes diversifying industries (you could be sitting on stockpiles full of sculptures for a long time); it's just seems a bit random for my tastes. Three agricultural traders in a row can stunt growth for a long time!

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2015, 12:12:28 PM
For some extra traders take a look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
then local traders appear on the map.

Miscellaneous V1.10.2b - Vanilla Enhanced is an excellent addition that works perfect with SC!  I use it myself, and adds the traders.  I may include the link on the front page if Haplo permits.

Telarin

Quote from: Abrexus on April 23, 2015, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: Muramas on April 23, 2015, 03:05:01 PM
I don't know if this is intended, I have a few torso scars that won't go away no matter how many operations. They seem to stays at 2

I'll test this out....I have healed a number of scars just fine, but I can't say if they were torso scars or not.

I have a colonists with an old gunshot wound to the neck. The mod gives me the operation option to "Heal Scar (Neck)". However, doing so has no effect on the injury.

Master Bucketsmith

Taking into account whether or not you would get permission from lending existing work, would it be possible to add;
- Turret bases where you have to jerry rig weapons onto it, instead of having prebuilt turrets;
- Advanced sunlamps and outdoor lamps (TL ones with square/rectangle 'sphere' of light, anyone?);
- Hidden circuits (why circuits would be above ground and susceptible to rain, I don't know...);
- Fuse boxes;
- Extended powerswitches;
- Improved prison stuff;
- Conveyor belts;
- Extended mining (y'know, mining iron/plasteel ore and having to process it first? Much like wood logs vs planks!).
[EDIT:]
- Repairing/mending of items/apparel/weapons (think someone already suggested this in this thread, but I'm not sure anymore.)
In fact, it would also be cool if we could upgrade work items to better qualities, but that might be a lot of coding work.
[/EDIT]

Most, if not all of these come from other mods, of which the names are not placed in my memory. :P
If you are interested in these ideas, I could go fetch links for you.

Feedback? :)

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2015, 02:08:31 PM
Powered Arm, and when you try to install it, it show as Power claw at the operation menu.
After you installed it, the pawn isn't able to mellee attack anymore, and can't do range attack without weapon.
Does the damage from the arm add to the weapon ?

Working on a fix for this....thanks for the report!

Abrexus

Quote from: Telarin on April 24, 2015, 12:41:07 PM
I have a colonists with an old gunshot wound to the neck. The mod gives me the operation option to "Heal Scar (Neck)". However, doing so has no effect on the injury.

It appears this only affects old gunshot wounds....I am able to heal other wounds just fine.  I've got my thinking cap on and am working on a fix!
*edit*  I think I got it fixed....testing it on a few victims...I mean volunteers  ::)

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2015, 04:54:47 PM
About pratice dummy's,
shouldn't you draft your pawn and then send them to practice at the dummy ?
Currently a pawn on combat mode they just use the dummy for 1 xp and leave it.
But on regular mode the pawn use the dummy forever and even get exhaust or starve to dead.

I've noticed they seem to do this now ever since Alpha 10.  I've also had it happen when mining plasteel...they don't stop to go eat/sleep/etc...

Valor

The problem is when pawn starts a task they must finish it, unless the task can be interrupted. For example, if pawn chooses to haul a stone from other side of the map, he will walk there and back with the stone, even if he would start starving. The hauling task doesnt allow interruption. Same for minning, where its most noticeable with bad miner as the rock has 10K health. Pawn must finish the square and then he can decide what to do next.

Some tasks that are interruptable from top of my head: Crafting weapons and armour, Hunting.

sc_bane

So...is it just me or did everyone else end up getting a bunch of crap installed on their puter while downloading this mod? So far, I haven't even been able to FIND the mod. Just some EZ Donload crap and bunch of unwanted toolbar changes. Not happy about it.