[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarin

Quote from: sc_bane on April 24, 2015, 07:30:51 PM
So...is it just me or did everyone else end up getting a bunch of crap installed on their puter while downloading this mod? So far, I haven't even been able to FIND the mod. Just some EZ Donload crap and bunch of unwanted toolbar changes. Not happy about it.

Just you apparently, maybe some kind of malware on your computer. I've downloaded the mod numerous times and never gotten anything other than the file specified.

Ramsis

Quote from: sc_bane on April 24, 2015, 07:30:51 PM
So...is it just me or did everyone else end up getting a bunch of crap installed on their puter while downloading this mod? So far, I haven't even been able to FIND the mod. Just some EZ Donload crap and bunch of unwanted toolbar changes. Not happy about it.

Not sure what you did to get all that, been downloading the mod multiple times and I've never had that issue whatsoever. Maybe you downloaded it from a different site or maybe clicked a button you shouldn't have?
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Abrexus

Daily update complete!  Thanks to everyone for pointing out the bugs.  The changes are as follows:

Changes:
* Added eyes, ears, and noses to the organ vat

Fixes:
* Renamed scar patching to injury, and fixed issue with healing certain types of wounds
* Fixed issue with colonists never stopping to eat or sleep while training
* Fixed issue with Power claw not working as intended

DustBust

Just got a few recipes that would be awesome if you could add...

Ability craft:

Nose - Added 2 seconds before I posted, great!
Foot - Craftable?
Hand - Craftable?
Ear - Added 2 seconds before I posted, great! lol

I like my colonists in tip top condition, especially my soldiers. Thanks!

Muramas

I know you have cybernetic brain but the use of an AI core is pretty high since the traders seem not to sell it anymore. I would love to be able to heal a brain injury...I had a guy who couldn't do anything and I had to eventually put him in cryo.

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Muramas on April 24, 2015, 09:11:25 PM
I know you have cybernetic brain but the use of an AI core is pretty high since the traders seem not to sell it anymore. I would love to be able to heal a brain injury...I had a guy who couldn't do anything and I had to eventually put him in cryo.

I agree, the need for an extremely rare AI Core is a real pain.

Abrexus

Quote from: Muramas on April 24, 2015, 09:11:25 PM

I'm going to redo the traders a bit tomorrow and will have a patch out then.  I'll add the AI Core to the Exotic trader and I am going to combine the Agriculture and Bulk Goods traders.

Xubrim

Quote from: Abrexus on April 24, 2015, 08:34:52 PM
Daily update complete!  Thanks to everyone for pointing out the bugs.  The changes are as follows:

Changes:
* Added eyes, ears, and noses to the organ vat

Was just coming here to request that, hah. Thanks.

When you adjust the traders tomorrow, can you make them more willing to buy player items? I have a stockpile of a bunch of random, crafted stuff I want to offload, but all the traders seem to want are my resources. It can feel a little restricting. If it's for difficulty, maybe traders can just offer a bad price instead?

Oh, and a quick question. With your last version (alpha six, maybe?), training was a selectable, unique task. Any reason you abandoned this approach? Also, I noticed the Joy mechanics can give exp for specific skills. Have you considered hijacking this? For instance, colonists get bored and go to the rifle range to get some practice?

Since I haven't actually posted here yet, welcome back. Good to be playing Superior Crafting again.

Pheanox

I know this has been asked to death, and is even in the faq, but I am having a problem with changing the building type of the smelter furnace to something different.  I left and right click on the icon in the architecture menu but it simply says "You have no usable materials from which to build this."  I am unable to place a template of the furnace for pawns to start working on on the map.  To make sure everything wasn't broken, when I click on wall or door I get the dialogue for what material I want (even at start and I can only select wood). 

Doing a bit more poking around, I also can not change the material for beds, it simply sticks at one material and gives the same error message.  If I try to place the Research Bench which has materials I do not have, I can place the template with no issue.

I'm using Alpha 10f. Mods I'm using are Core (obviously) EdB Mod Order, EdB Interface, EdB Prepare Carefully, Misc. Vanilla Enhanced (by Haplo), and SCA10Core.  These are all mentioned as being compatible (other than mod order but I can't see how it wouldn't be). They are loaded in that order.  I have tried switching the order of Misc Vanilla Enhanced and SCA10Core to see if it made a difference, it did not.  I did try the one just updated a short while ago to see if that fixed the issue, it did not.

Since this isn't a common issue I have probably done something wrong.  Can someone tell me what it is I've done?

Muramas

Another suggestion for later.

I have been using "Refrigerated Food Storage" mod and it would be nice to have something like this integrated.
It seems that it doesn't actually freeze the food but sets the status to max expire date. Also the mod only does food and I would like to see this expanded to other things like medical herbs so I can put one in my medbay. Also

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12243.0

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Pheanox on April 24, 2015, 10:31:11 PM
I know this has been asked to death, and is even in the faq, but I am having a problem with changing the building type of the smelter furnace to something different.  I left and right click on the icon in the architecture menu but it simply says "You have no usable materials from which to build this."  I am unable to place a template of the furnace for pawns to start working on on the map.  To make sure everything wasn't broken, when I click on wall or door I get the dialogue for what material I want (even at start and I can only select wood). 

Doing a bit more poking around, I also can not change the material for beds, it simply sticks at one material and gives the same error message.  If I try to place the Research Bench which has materials I do not have, I can place the template with no issue.

I'm using Alpha 10f. Mods I'm using are Core (obviously) EdB Mod Order, EdB Interface, EdB Prepare Carefully, Misc. Vanilla Enhanced (by Haplo), and SCA10Core.  These are all mentioned as being compatible (other than mod order but I can't see how it wouldn't be). They are loaded in that order.  I have tried switching the order of Misc Vanilla Enhanced and SCA10Core to see if it made a difference, it did not.  I did try the one just updated a short while ago to see if that fixed the issue, it did not.

Since this isn't a common issue I have probably done something wrong.  Can someone tell me what it is I've done?

You need a portion of the material you're building in a stockpile (for selections to unlock, they need to be there)
You need enough resources in the stockpiles for any stage, ie Sandstone lighted walls need 6 sandstone, 1 metal bar, and 1 glass; if you got one sandstone and one metal, the template will be available, but subsequents have no requirements to place as long as the stockpile reads the material as available when placed.
Vanilla bug as of Alpha 6 I believe, run into it ALL the time. (Even though its actually a feature so you don't build objects you can't build at all, I find it as a bug since it denies you access to templates you can process the mats for but it has no scanning potential beyond 'Do you have this in stockpile? Yes or no' )

Quote from: Pheanox on April 24, 2015, 10:31:11 PM

SCA10Core needs to be loaded before ANY OTHER MODS. Abrexus really needs to stress this in the main post as I have been getting crashes myself is SC isn't loaded first

Pheanox

I just did a quick test where I started a new game and dragged a stockpile over the logs you start with.  Set them to Not Forbidden.  I now have logs in my stockpile.  I am still unable to change the bed from Cobraskin to any other material, and get the same error message and am unable to place a bed template.  This is with only Superior Crafting loaded.

I also tried this with wooden planks and trying to make the smelter furnace.

I am unaware of this issue you are mentioning, and I can place templates for every vanilla item even if the required materials are not in any stockpile.  I can also place the template for the Research Bench (needing steel bars) which I can not even make without the smelter.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Pheanox on April 24, 2015, 11:06:14 PM
I just did a quick test where I started a new game and dragged a stockpile over the logs you start with.  Set them to Not Forbidden.  I now have logs in my stockpile.  I am still unable to change the bed from Cobraskin to any other material.  This is with only Superior Crafting loaded.

Certain things can only be built with certain resources for eg, the hide bed is only able to be crafted using 30 wood logs and you also need 10 of any animal leather, cloth bed specifically needs wood planks and cloth, the comfy bed, and pod bed needs steel bars, and cloth, the hospital bed needs steel bars cloth and medicine. regular doors and walls can only be made of wood or planks and i think metal once researched so no more stone walls until you get conduit walls and no more stone beds or doors.

However i am making a ultimate overhaul modpack for alpha 10 soon as a couple mods get another update and my modpack removes the upgrade process of walls health and allows you to craft stone walls and doors again. among tons of other things ive changed balanced added and such. however the beds i leave the way they are.

Pheanox

Alright, think I figured out the problem then.  You have to have something of the material that is variable before you can change it to a different material.  I spawned a bunch of a hide and a bunch of blocks in a stockpile and was able to then change the material and place the template. 

Yup, I figured I was just doing something wrong.  Thank you both for clarifying and dealing with my blonde moment.

mathwizi2005

Yea, like i said. I find that 'Material in stockpile' requirement to be an annoying bug that I wish was fixed but it seems its a feature to stay.