[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

«Temple»

I just realized I could've copied and pasted the Nuclear Reactor Coding from this but 30 minutes ago I made a A10 version from A6 textures and some of its coding xD

Ninefinger

Quote from: Hunter00064 on April 25, 2015, 02:16:11 AM
I just realized I could've copied and pasted the Nuclear Reactor Coding from this but 30 minutes ago I made a A10 version from A6 textures and some of its coding xD

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Canute on April 25, 2015, 03:05:16 AM
That isn't true.
Some mod's should load after SCCore to avoid conflicts, but at the other side SCCore can be load at the last to avoid other conflicts too.

Well that's because of how the order works. One or the other overwrites any changes made to a shared vanilla file, with the latest to load making the latest changes, I think.
So technically, there never are conflicts in files, it's just the result of some mods suddenly missing some data in-game that creates issues.
That's how it works for most games with mod orders. It would be genius if a framework could be created where mods are evaluated and all of their changes take place, unless they are changing the exact same thing. (Think resources, for instance.)

Valor

Heya, I have issue with sabre shield. The shield has 500 HP, but recieves 5* standart damage from all atacks. That is intended? I tested it on purpose and single shot from sniper rifle brought it from 500 to 301 (40 base damage, I assume shield regen was faster than me), and great bow got it to 412 (18 base damage).
Thanks!

Abrexus

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 24, 2015, 04:44:37 PM
Taking into account whether or not you would get permission from lending existing work, would it be possible to add

- Turret bases where you have to jerry rig weapons onto it, instead of having prebuilt turrets;
No plans to do this at this time.  I'm weighing options for how/if I want to re-balance combat

- Advanced sunlamps and outdoor lamps (TL ones with square/rectangle 'sphere' of light, anyone?);
No plans to do this at this time.

- Hidden circuits (why circuits would be above ground and susceptible to rain, I don't know...);
I'm not sure how to do this effectively without having a second layer similar to the way prison architect is designed.

- Fuse boxes;
This will be coming in the first Xpac I hope to have out this weekend, along with the solar flare shield and quantum storage.

- Extended powerswitches;
I like these, but have to get permission from the mod developer first.

- Improved prison stuff;
This will be added as soon as the developer updates his mod to alpha 10.

- Conveyor belts;

- Extended mining (y'know, mining iron/plasteel ore and having to process it first? Much like wood logs vs planks!).
I'm not sure what you're asking for here.  The mod already has you mine steel/plasteel and convert them from ore to bars.

- Repairing/mending of items/apparel/weapons (think someone already suggested this in this thread, but I'm not sure anymore.)
I want to add this as an Xpac, so it's on my list of things to do.

In fact, it would also be cool if we could upgrade work items to better qualities, but that might be a lot of coding work.
If I understand your request we have this in a sense by upgrading to the powered crafting tables which give greater output at a reduced crafting time.

laston

I'm having a problem. 
Rimworld 785.
Mods: EdBInterface, EdBPrepareCarefully, and SCA10Core.
Unable to cook anything.  I was cooking jerky, researched enough to get a cooking stove and suddenly unable to cook anything.   I have meat and veggies.   They are unforbidden.  When I right click on the stove or grill nothing appears.

This link goes to the rzr containing the save and the world.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxasLXuyL9A3VllRUl9yYkJBVUU/view?usp=sharing

Savagedingo

Quote from: laston on April 25, 2015, 10:36:55 AM
I'm having a problem. 
Rimworld 785.
Mods: EdBInterface, EdBPrepareCarefully, and SCA10Core.
Unable to cook anything.  I was cooking jerky, researched enough to get a cooking stove and suddenly unable to cook anything.   I have meat and veggies.   They are unforbidden.  When I right click on the stove or grill nothing appears.

This link goes to the rzr containing the save and the world.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxasLXuyL9A3VllRUl9yYkJBVUU/view?usp=sharing

Not sure what the problem is, is this an old save?  I'm using all of those mods, all updated.  Is there a chance you're using an older version of any of the mods?

laston

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 25, 2015, 08:06:40 AM
Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 24, 2015, 04:44:37 PM
Taking into account whether or not you would get permission from lending existing work, would it be possible to add

- Turret bases where you have to jerry rig weapons onto it, instead of having prebuilt turrets;
No plans to do this at this time.  I'm weighing options for how/if I want to re-balance combat

- Advanced sunlamps and outdoor lamps (TL ones with square/rectangle 'sphere' of light, anyone?);
No plans to do this at this time.

- Hidden circuits (why circuits would be above ground and susceptible to rain, I don't know...);
I'm not sure how to do this effectively without having a second layer similar to the way prison architect is designed.

- Fuse boxes;
This will be coming in the first Xpac I hope to have out this weekend, along with the solar flare shield and quantum storage.

- Extended powerswitches;

- Improved prison stuff;
This will be added as soon as the developer updates his mod to alpha 10.

- Conveyor belts;

- Extended mining (y'know, mining iron/plasteel ore and having to process it first? Much like wood logs vs planks!).
I'm not sure what you're asking for here.  The mod already has you mine steel/plasteel and convert them from ore to bars.

- Repairing/mending of items/apparel/weapons (think someone already suggested this in this thread, but I'm not sure anymore.)
I want to add this as an Xpac, so it's on my list of things to do.

In fact, it would also be cool if we could upgrade work items to better qualities, but that might be a lot of coding work.
If I understand your request we have this in a sense by upgrading to the powered crafting tables which give greater output at a reduced crafting time.

what do you mean by xpack? cause im hoping you dont go adding all these things to the mod, outdoor lamps cant just be added into this mod, i added an outdoor light and wall light into my overhaul modpack and the glow radius had to be significantly reduced or the lighting effect itself looked square and was buggy when placing conduit the light would spread with the conduit, conveyor belts... pls no, repairing mending items is way to overpowered simply being able to deconstruct them back into a portion of there raw materials is way better, quantum storage... pls no, half the battle in this game is inventory management a better solution is being able to convert destroy extra crappy things back into raw components to be able to be re-crafted or simply be selling shit for next to nothing to simply get rid of it, fuse boxes is a good idea to add since i myself already added them into my modpack. prison improvements is useless until tynan adds back in the cabin fever debuff, less is more. I hope by xpack you mean a separate download or something.

Abrexus

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 25, 2015, 12:21:34 PM
what do you mean by xpack? cause im hoping you dont go adding all these things to the mod, outdoor lamps cant just be added into this mod, i added an outdoor light and wall light into my overhaul modpack and the glow radius had to be significantly reduced or the lighting effect itself looked square and was buggy when placing conduit the light would spread with the conduit, conveyor belts... pls no, repairing mending items is way to overpowered simply being able to deconstruct them back into a portion of there raw materials is way better, quantum storage... pls no, half the battle in this game is inventory management a better solution is being able to convert destroy extra crappy things back into raw components to be able to be re-crafted or simply be selling shit for next to nothing to simply get rid of it, fuse boxes is a good idea to add since i myself already added them into my modpack. prison improvements is useless until tynan adds back in the cabin fever debuff, less is more. I hope by xpack you mean a separate download or something.

Woah, hold on there hoss...

I applaud that you are putting together your own modpack, and I wish you the best of success.  That's the beauty of what you're doing....you can add/remove the things you like/don't like about my mod and make it your own.  I will ask however that you refrain from making snap judgements and decisions for me.  If you followed the previous version of my mod at all, you would know the Xpac is an optional download that adds features I feel may be a good fit, but not  essential to the core mod itself, and it's just that....optional.

As always, I encourage feedback and suggestions, but in the end I reserve the right to make it as I see fit.  Feel free like I said before to take the mod and rework it in any way you desire....you're welcome to use my code, textures, whatever you need.

Peace.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 25, 2015, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 25, 2015, 12:21:34 PM

Woah, hold on there hoss...

I applaud that you are putting together your own modpack, and I wish you the best of success.  That's the beauty of what you're doing....you can add/remove the things you like/don't like about my mod and make it your own.  I will ask however that you refrain from making snap judgements and decisions for me.  If you followed the previous version of my mod at all, you would know the Xpac is an optional download that adds features I feel may be a good fit, but not  essential to the core mod itself, and it's just that....optional.

As always, I encourage feedback and suggestions, but in the end I reserve the right to make it as I see fit.  Feel free like I said before to take the mod and rework it in any way you desire....you're welcome to use my code, textures, whatever you need.

Peace.
ok good thats all i was worried about if its separate you can add as much as you want. wheew :D

d3mons

donwload links seems to be not working,
goed to the dowload site, and gives an error afterwards

Ninefinger

Quote from: d3mons on April 25, 2015, 12:56:34 PM
donwload links seems to be not working,
goed to the dowload site, and gives an error afterwards

sendspace might be down for a min just give it a minute or he could be uploading a new patch.

Adamiks

Valor

Quote from: Valor on April 25, 2015, 04:59:47 AM
Heya, I have issue with sabre shield. The shield has 500 HP, but recieves 5* standart damage from all atacks. That is intended? I tested it on purpose and single shot from sniper rifle brought it from 500 to 301 (40 base damage, I assume shield regen was faster than me), and great bow got it to 412 (18 base damage).
Thanks!

Gentle bump please