[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: Probe1 on May 01, 2015, 05:58:57 AM
It'd be very nice to see glassmaking added to the electric furnace or something, since it doesn't have any end game manufacturing method.

The electric smelter actually has four recipes, three of which you don't get with the regular furnace (Make Plasteel Bars, Extract Metal From Slag, and Smelt Weapon).  Also, the electric furnace is the only one where you can make the plasteel bars, so I would consider that end game.  If you are not seeing these recipes, then you may have a mod conflict.

raybonr

First off, I'd like you to know that you've ruined the vanilla game for me, This mod is just that awesome!  :P
   A couple minor things I've noticed. When I had one of my people using the medical dummy for practice the caption at the bottom for that character said "using turret."
   Another thing is producing ethanol at the brewery. It seems like only my artists will work there instead of my craftsmen. (I didn't double check to see if that held true for alcohol as well).

Really man, thanks a ton for all the work you've put into this one!

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: raybonr on May 01, 2015, 12:51:33 PM
   Another thing is producing ethanol at the brewery. It seems like only my artists will work there instead of my craftsmen. (I didn't double check to see if that held true for alcohol as well).

That's funny, because for me, only cooks brew beer or produce ethanol. The rest refuse to work there. o_o

Anyway, question! I have not played with vanilla Rimworld since...long.
Does making a sculpture, a grand sculpture for example, take weeks of constant work?
Does any other stat (crafting, constructing) influence the speed artist make sculptures?
It seems awfully slow for me, and though I could live with it easily, thought I'd ask, just in case.

Thank you!

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: theubie on May 01, 2015, 07:28:49 AM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 01, 2015, 01:44:57 AM
Quote from: Dumatoin on May 01, 2015, 12:57:11 AM
Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 30, 2015, 11:46:35 PM
You can repair, its that sometimes the rick-click context menu....doesn't exactly see it as a job yet. Just give it time and your pawns will repair everything eventually.
Hmm well, the aren't repairing it. That flashing red thing is annoying, and i imagine i can deconstruct and rebuild it before they repair it.

Happened to me as well, seemingly random occurrence. Sometimes they repair it, sometimes they don't. For me, a save-load always fixed it.

Also, are you sure the wall is in a Home Area?

Yes I am. I was using one complex made out of wood, inside a home-zone. As I was getting research(es) done, I've had my pawns repair the same walls 4 times. Sometimes they started repairing it automatically, sometimes they simply didn't give a flying... ^^ I'm sure "Repair" skill was prioritized the whole time, and even if not all my walls were in my home-zone, at least parts of it should've been repaired, but again, when they didn't repair, they did not repair.
A minor annoyance only, having to save-load sometimes, only takes a few seconds anyway.

arigon2001

What are the chances of adding in bionic hands / feet? I have yet to try the bionic leg but assume that it replaces everything including the foot? I have a couple colonists that have lost either a foot or hand from battle so wanted to see if there were more options coming in the future updates?

Keep up the great work! Cheers!

mathwizi2005

Quote from: arigon2001 on May 01, 2015, 09:45:07 PM
What are the chances of adding in bionic hands / feet? I have yet to try the bionic leg but assume that it replaces everything including the foot? I have a couple colonists that have lost either a foot or hand from battle so wanted to see if there were more options coming in the future updates?

ATM Bionic Arms and legs fix any foot/hand ailments

Ninefinger

My ultimate overhaul modpack uses superior crafting as its core mod that every other mod revolves around, but i have overhauled it to be completely compatible with Expanded prosthetics and organ engineering which uses the superior crafting textures for the body parts, and it allows for crafting bionic feet and hands etc. so yes it is possible.

Abrexus

I had to make a decision when making SC as to how deep I would go with adding in extra resources, parts, furniture, everything.  I wanted to make sure I added enough to expand the game, but not so much as to make it unwieldy.  I decided to do arms and legs, but not hands and feet because arms and legs covers that....but if I did toes, fingers, hands....it would just be too much (in my opinion).

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on May 02, 2015, 01:11:51 AM

I had to make a decision when making SC as to how deep I would go with adding in extra resources, parts, furniture, everything.  I wanted to make sure I added enough to expand the game, but not so much as to make it unwieldy.  I decided to do arms and legs, but not hands and feet because arms and legs covers that....but if I did toes, fingers, hands....it would just be too much (in my opinion).

I completely agree.

Abrexus

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 01, 2015, 04:44:15 PM
That's funny, because for me, only cooks brew beer or produce ethanol. The rest refuse to work there. o_o
That's correct....cooks make the brew and the ethenol
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 01, 2015, 04:44:15 PM
Anyway, question! I have not played with vanilla Rimworld since...long.
Does making a sculpture, a grand sculpture for example, take weeks of constant work?
Does any other stat (crafting, constructing) influence the speed artist make sculptures?
It seems awfully slow for me, and though I could live with it easily, thought I'd ask, just in case.

Thank you!

Good questions....I don't have an answer for.  I will say that I reduced the craft times of some clothing and increased it for my weapons to take an average of 1 day to make a decent item....I did not in any way change or impact the quality of the items created and I didn't touch craft times of sculptures.  The "weekly" patch is scheduled to come out Sunday, and in addition to the "Pink Bed Fix" crafting times of powered armor and helmets is also adjusted to be in line with the rest of the craftable stuff....along with a few other surprises.

Enjoyment

Abrexus, do you have plans to implement something like Stonecutting Tweak v1.01 https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7887 to your mod? Yeap, It can make bill-list of crafting table a little bigger, but as for me, it is a cheap cost for such a needed thing?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2015, 01:54:35 AM

Yes, special Grand scupltures are a mega project, look at work number.
1667 for a grand sculpture, even a longsword just need 200(or 67).

Bionic can enhance the manipulation ability, that increase the craft speed. Brain,Arms and spine can increase manipulation.
If you use other armor/appearal mods, there should be some pieces they increase the global work, counterpart are the armor vest or Power armor they lower it.

Yes I thought it wouldn't take but a moment, still, it was a surprise, seeing 1500+ "work" ticking so slowly even though I was playing on 3 times the regular speed. Oh well...
Thanks for telling!

Quote from: Abrexus on May 02, 2015, 01:19:12 AM

Good questions....I don't have an answer for.  I will say that I reduced the craft times of some clothing and increased it for my weapons to take an average of 1 day to make a decent item....I did not in any way change or impact the quality of the items created and I didn't touch craft times of sculptures.  The "weekly" patch is scheduled to come out Sunday, and in addition to the "Pink Bed Fix" crafting times of powered armor and helmets is also adjusted to be in line with the rest of the craftable stuff....along with a few other surprises.

Okay then. I...have no idea what kind of "Pink Bed Fix" is it, I have not encountered this bug just yet. But it sounds great, the fixes! Not as good as the "surprises" part, though... Thank you! ^^

Adamiks

Dumatoin

Is the "powered claw" not supposed to be a melee weapon? I gave my hunter two of them, and he wouldn't hunt.

I had to recruit him and then send him after animals.

Is there any way to make him use them to hunt with?

I gave him a shiv, hoping he might use the shiv and one claw, but he just used the shiv, and got killed, lol.

Abrexus

Quote from: Dumatoin on May 02, 2015, 09:06:50 AM
Is the "powered claw" not supposed to be a melee weapon? I gave my hunter two of them, and he wouldn't hunt.

I had to recruit him and then send him after animals.

Is there any way to make him use them to hunt with?

I gave him a shiv, hoping he might use the shiv and one claw, but he just used the shiv, and got killed, lol.

Good question....it's really the same way with Vanilla Rimworld.  I am guessing Tynan didn't add something to recognize body parts with "verb" properties as equipped weapons.  Check the bug forums and see if it's mentioned there.  I really hadn't changed the values of those two items other than try and make one a ranged weapon which did not work at all.