[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2015, 09:39:06 AM
Power claw increase the mellee damage, but a hunter still require a weapon.
He refuse to fight bare power claw (yes it is stupid but it is hard coded i think).

And you should switch to Scyther blade once you can made them.

I prefer claws myself, scyther blades reduce the effectiveness of the handz by a lot (40 I think?), while claws only by 5 percent or so.

But why would anyone hunt with melee weapons anyway?!

Dumatoin

Well, i prefer to hunt with melee because when an animal closes range (ie cobra), a hunter with a gun is going to get beat to a pulp.

I prefer to give my hunters a really good melee weapon, they get a bit injured, but not much.

Redman

Side note - I'd love to see this tie-in with Combat Realism. The fact that both have turrets kinda porks it :c

Ninefinger

Quote from: Redman on May 02, 2015, 12:40:41 PM
Side note - I'd love to see this tie-in with Combat Realism. The fact that both have turrets kinda porks it :c

My Ultimate overhaul modpack has this and also includes Rimfire weapons that also have been reworked for compatiblity with Combat Realsim. Abrexus is free to incorporate this into his xpac in any way he wants, if he so feels inclined.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2015, 12:29:02 PM
Special since animal can go berserk now when they got damaged.
A slow hunter can be on trouble when a mad Muffalo or bettle come to close.
And i got 2 pawn anyway who didn't like to craft, they got blade's and goon hunting.

Yes, I can see your point.
But don't pawns "equipped" with such body part(s) (claw, scythe, bionic arm)
get the benefit of said body part(s) if they engage an enemy in melee combat? Even if they have a ranged weapon? They do switch to melee attacks automatically, once enemies are on top of them, but I have never actually tested it.

It'd be great to know.

Abrexus

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 02, 2015, 11:06:56 AM
He refuse to fight bare power claw (yes it is stupid but it is hard coded i think).

I prefer claws myself, scyther blades reduce the effectiveness of the handz by a lot (40 I think?), while claws only by 5 percent or so.

Both the claw and the blade reduce manipulation by only 10%, instead of the 80% it is in Vanilla.

NCrawler

Quote from: Abrexus on March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM
- Mods I play SC with -
EdB Interface UI Mod
EdB Prepare Carefully
Pawn State Icons (v03d)
Miscellaneous V1.10.2b - Vanilla Enhanced
I use the above mods in all my games, and they all work without any problems so far.

I really enjoy this mod and play it, like the OP, with all of the mods listed above.  I also, however, use VeinMiner, Hospitality, RedistHeat and OmniWeapons with this mod and have created compatibility patches for Hospitality, RedistHeat and OmniWeapons.  If OP or anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Rauminen

Wow, OK. That's exactly what I was setting up for my prev (A9) colony - and was sad to see the incompatibility. So yes. Yes please :)

We could just add it here so everybody can use it - I'm sure there are others.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Abrexus on May 02, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 02, 2015, 11:06:56 AM

Both the claw and the blade reduce manipulation by only 10%, instead of the 80% it is in Vanilla.

That's...good?
Are you sure it is a good idea? Having claws is one thing, but having a blade instead of a hand...well, that should reduce it slightly more in my opinion. o_o

Still, it's good to know, thanks!

Humort

Your modification, it is impossible to translate completely. As the translation of a kernel game, kills the modification translation. Can in English, everything is normal, but in other languages, everything prevarashchatsya in intolerable tortures. For example you replaced a armchair, a torch, and the translation, all the same, convinces players that it armchair, though burns. If you wish to achieve from fashion, full-fledged quality, it isn't necessary to substitute subjects, it is better to create the new.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

NCrawler

Ok, before I post the links I'd like to make one more suggestion for a mod to use;  EdB Mod Order.  This mod allows full control of your mod load order and is invaluable when using compatibility patches.  Here are the compatibility patches:

Hospitality Compatibility Patch - This is for v1.0.4 of the Hospitality mod.  No mod deviations, just a straight compatibility patch.

OmniWeapons Compatibility Patch - This is for v1.3 of the OmniWeapons mod.  No mod deviations, just a straight compatibility patch.

RedistHeat Compatibility Patch - This is for v31 of the RedistHeat mod.  Changes: Ducts and vents available after researching Power I.  Air Conditioners/Heaters available after researching RedistHeat_AirCirculation and Power II.

Load order is very important for these compatibility patches.  They should be the last mods to load.  This is very easy to accomplish if you use EdB Mod Order.  Have fun...

theubie

There is a mending...process...in the works.  At least he said so last time I was live streaming.

I'm still not sure how he got out of the coding dungeon.  Who left the door unlocked?

laston

My World

What I was able to do before FPS Death.  32 Colonist.
1 Day 4 Hours of play time.
1.5 Million Wealth.
109 Major Threats
7 Years in game.
All Bionic.

Rauminen

Hi, found something. Sniper turrets doesn't seem to select a new target when the current one goes down (not sure if other types do). It's only a little aiming time lost when the target is dead, however when it's only incapped.... they go and promptly execute them :)

theubie

Quote from: Rauminen on May 03, 2015, 08:14:28 PM
Hi, found something. Sniper turrets doesn't seem to select a new target when the current one goes down (not sure if other types do). It's only a little aiming time lost when the target is dead, however when it's only incapped.... they go and promptly execute them :)

All turrets actually do this.  If you have two regular turrets next to each other and they are firing at different times...if the first one downs a pawn but doesn't kill them, the other will still finish it's cycle and fire at the downed pawn.  It's just way more noticeable on the sniper turrets as their aim time is a lot longer.