[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Quote from: Nimrod on May 19, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Reaper on May 19, 2015, 11:17:53 AM
I don't really like overlapping mods, I was kinda hoping the mod author would tell me why he hasn't implemented this into his mod, in the O.P it says it can fix scars. It does not say that it does not fix all scars but hands and feet.

I enjoy the lightweight feel of the biomass system and looking at the mod you suggested it's way to huge!!! and more than a little overpowered, with the ability to make everyone a super worker/soldier. No thank you. The medical component in SC2 is just the right size and strength and uses up a fair bit of silver and lets you heal just about any wound and you know what? That's all I really want in a medical mod.

But Mod author if your reading this please cut the biomass you get in half or make it dependent on the medical lvl of the pawn, Oh and it's biomass so it should rot if not kept cold.  Thank you for your time mod Author

The changes you ask for are very easy to implement yourself, you know?
No need to change the mod for everybody... ;)

the rotting stuff should be easy (still don't get how to do it)
as for the scars that I can't fix how is the layman going to change that?

reply to other nay sayer

And greenstone that other mod raises the ceiling alot on bionics it's more than just crafting them(cough cough I think you can disable that by turning the crafting recipe to make sand or something of the sort?)

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Reaper on May 20, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: Nimrod on May 19, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Reaper on May 19, 2015, 11:17:53 AM
I don't really like overlapping mods, I was kinda hoping the mod author would tell me why he hasn't implemented this into his mod, in the O.P it says it can fix scars. It does not say that it does not fix all scars but hands and feet.

I enjoy the lightweight feel of the biomass system and looking at the mod you suggested it's way to huge!!! and more than a little overpowered, with the ability to make everyone a super worker/soldier. No thank you. The medical component in SC2 is just the right size and strength and uses up a fair bit of silver and lets you heal just about any wound and you know what? That's all I really want in a medical mod.

But Mod author if your reading this please cut the biomass you get in half or make it dependent on the medical lvl of the pawn, Oh and it's biomass so it should rot if not kept cold.  Thank you for your time mod Author

The changes you ask for are very easy to implement yourself, you know?
No need to change the mod for everybody... ;)

the rotting stuff should be easy (still don't get how to do it)
as for the scars that I can't fix how is the layman going to change that?

reply to other nay sayer

And greenstone that other mod raises the ceiling alot on bionics it's more than just crafting them(cough cough I think you can disable that by turning the crafting recipe to make sand or something of the sort?)

Yes, if you open recipe-def(s) and remove the recipe of anything, for example the advanced bionics you dislike, you will not be able to craft them yourself. To remove them entirely, you'll need to remove them from the bodyparts' def too, otherwise traders and drop pods might arrive containing these bionics.

"But Mod author if your reading this please cut the biomass you get in half or make it dependent on the medical lvl of the pawn, Oh and it's biomass so it should rot if not kept cold."

Go to Rimworld\Mods\SCA10Core\Defs\RecipeDefs

open "Recipes_Production.xml"

find "<defName>ExtractBiomatterCorpse</defName>" inside,

change:
      <products>
         <Biomatter>35</Biomatter>
      </products>

to whatever you want (the amount you get),

add:
      <skillRequirements>
         <li>
            <skill>Medicine</skill>
            <minLevel>8</minLevel>
         </li>
      </skillRequirements>

to this recipe, it's usually below the line:

<workAmount>1250</workAmount>

change the numbers according to your taste,

then go to Rimworld\Mods\SCA10Core\Defs\ThingDefs

open "Items_Resources.xml"

find biomatter,
find the line:

</thingCategories>

and below it add:
      <comps>
         <li Class="CompProperties_Rottable">
            <compClass>CompRottable</compClass>
            <daysToRotStart>4</daysToRotStart>
            <rotDestroys>true</rotDestroys>
         </li>
      </comps>

change the number of <daysToRotStart>4</daysToRotStart> to whatever.

Before you do, make a backup in case of unforeseen problems.

How to make biomatter heal all scars I don't know, I'd have to look for it in the defs, possibly ask people. You too can do that.

Reaper

thanks for the rotting stuff, And for being constructive

nmid

Hi,
Using this mod as part of the Overhaul mod pack and it's been loads of fun so far.

However I noticed a possible mod/game bug?

Wood torch expiration timer refreshes everytime to 2 days,15 hours when a game is reloaded from a save file.

Doesn't matter much, just bringing it to your notice.
If you could also post how you solved it, it would be a good learning tool for me.
I wasn't clear how
            <compClass>CompLifespan</compClass>
            <lifespanTicks>80000</lifespanTicks>
was getting reset everytime the game reloaded.

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Dumatoin

Would it be possible to make the skill turrets i.e. the punching bags and shooting ranges, be something the colonists do in their joy time or free time?

Maybe each could have a list of the colonists you would like to use it. So only certain colonists would go at the firing range, or the punching bag, or say you want to train a doctor up.

Mrshilka

Hey thanks for this mod it is fantastic.
I however have found a bug I think, the Cram Fortress shield is not stopping drop pod attacks even when toggles to stop them.
It destroys  my bought goods and silver if I forget o turn it off but it has no effect on enemy attacks.

taze

Quote from: Mrshilka on May 22, 2015, 08:50:45 PM
I however have found a bug I think, the Cram Fortress shield is not stopping drop pod attacks even when toggles to stop them.
It destroys  my bought goods and silver if I forget o turn it off but it has no effect on enemy attacks.
Thank you for the great mod, but anyway that's true, the shield don't seem to stop those pods and the pods even land right in front of the shield.. The shield absorb much electricity and it seem useless :/

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: taze on May 24, 2015, 02:39:09 PM
Quote from: Mrshilka on May 22, 2015, 08:50:45 PM
Thank you for the great mod, but anyway that's true, the shield don't seem to stop those pods and the pods even land right in front of the shield.. The shield absorb much electricity and it seem useless :/

I've not once had a bunch of drop-pods coming down through the shields.
Yes, attacking enemies will drop at the edge of the shield instead.
With SC you get nuclear reactors, producing a lot of electricity, you can place them anywhere, rather easy to build too, and does what it says: Does not allow drop pods to go through it.
Instead of having to fight inside your base, they'll spawn outside of it.

That's plenty of use...

taze

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: taze on May 28, 2015, 10:12:11 PM
nah mate.. I meant the pods dropped inside it..

Then you either have a conflicting mod on your hand,
unchecked the "intercept drop-pod" feature of the shield,
or you lie don't speak the truth.  ???

I have executed quite a few raids just now, out of that I reached 10-12 "XY have dropped right on top of you!" kind of raids, all of them dropped outside the shielded area.
That and my previous experiences tell me that it works just fine.

taze

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 29, 2015, 12:07:03 AM
Quote from: taze on May 28, 2015, 10:12:11 PM
nah mate.. I meant the pods dropped inside it..

Then you either have a conflicting mod on your hand,
unchecked the "intercept drop-pod" feature of the shield,
or you lie don't speak the truth.  ???

I have executed quite a few raids just now, out of that I reached 10-12 "XY have dropped right on top of you!" kind of raids, all of them dropped outside the shielded area.
That and my previous experiences tell me that it works just fine.

its okay if you dont believe me and think I m lying, but thats what happened to me on last play, in this current play I don't use it anymore

also a suggestion for abrexus,
sometimes I don't know how this logic works:
how come creatures for example a person who wield nothing but bare hands or even worse a single squirrel could have destroy a blast door?
thats very not logical even if it takes 100 years to do it a squirrel would never be able to destroy a blast door

so how about putting defense on the doors and walls
for example the door has 10 defense so any attack below 10 will have no effect on it if an enemy put 11 attack damage the health will reduce by 1

this just a suggestion anyway :D

deadlydullahan

Quote from: taze on May 29, 2015, 10:47:23 PM
how come creatures for example a person who wield nothing but bare hands or even worse a single squirrel could have destroy a blast door?
thats very not logical even if it takes 100 years to do it a squirrel would never be able to destroy a blast door

for example the door has 10 defense so any attack below 10 will have no effect on it if an enemy put 11 attack damage the health will reduce by 1

Logically speaking a squirrel shouldn't be able to break through my door made of granite, but hey that's just the way the game functions, maybe it changes, maybe it doesn't. As of right now though there's no purpose, or at least no one has felt the need or purpose to invest the hours it would take to code together something that simply prevents squirrels and other small critters from logically breaking through a structure that logically they wouldn't be able to. Just pretend these squirrels aren't like the ones in real life and they have reinforced claws. Honestly though if you don't have a spare colonist to go and beat that squirrel to death (you could literally do it unarmed and come back with maybe a scratch or 2) no point in having a mod that just ends up leaving 10 squirrels outside your door trying to destroy it but not being able to because logically squirrels break doors. (In the circumstance that no colonists are nearby when it happens [which i find hard to believe since the squirrel would be attempting to break through the door to get into the colony where your colonists are] then oh well)

taze

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 30, 2015, 01:36:21 AM
Quote from: taze on May 29, 2015, 10:47:23 PM

Logically speaking a squirrel shouldn't be able to break through my door made of granite, but hey that's just the way the game functions, maybe it changes, maybe it doesn't. As of right now though there's no purpose, or at least no one has felt the need or purpose to invest the hours it would take to code together something that simply prevents squirrels and other small critters from logically breaking through a structure that logically they wouldn't be able to. Just pretend these squirrels aren't like the ones in real life and they have reinforced claws. Honestly though if you don't have a spare colonist to go and beat that squirrel to death (you could literally do it unarmed and come back with maybe a scratch or 2) no point in having a mod that just ends up leaving 10 squirrels outside your door trying to destroy it but not being able to because logically squirrels break doors. (In the circumstance that no colonists are nearby when it happens [which i find hard to believe since the squirrel would be attempting to break through the door to get into the colony where your colonists are] then oh well)

lol I love your sense of humor mate.. okay then its just a suggestion, no?
well then I have another suggestion which is simpler and wont change much of the programming thing (finger crossed into my heart :D)..
How about we rename the squirell into something more scary and make it logical to know that it can destroy a blast door (a fuckin blast door for goat sake).. lemme think.. I think squirellzilla would suffice 8) 8) 8)

taze

Quote from: Canute on May 30, 2015, 05:42:08 PM
Don't forget you arn't on earth, a earthen squirrel isn't the same like a rimworld squirrel.
The human settler just named these creatures after squirrel because they look similar cute at first.
But they can be dangerous but not aggresive until someone anger them. They got claws like razorbladed which they need to open the Rimnuts.
And yes they can open plasteel blast doors like tin can, if you give them time.
blast doors are not realy stronger then Rimnuts ! :-)

your logic is pretty screwed :D

but i love it mate!

Nomad

I love this mod! pls add unmanned artillery that fire when powered and a hopper is filled with artillery shells. Thanks for the awesome mod!